XXIV

"Cassie!" Calum called out as the light went out. He heard her body hit the floor, along with the sound of the knife dropping.

"We need to get to her." Ashton said, looking toward Calum.

"We can't. We can't see where Richard is." Calum said, looking around.

"Well, we can't just leave her up there." Michael added. Luke entered the ballroom with his phone flashlight on.

"What's going on?" Luke asked.

"Richard stabbed Cassie and we can't get to her. We can't see anything." Calum explained.

"Everyone get your flashlights and we'll see if we can see anything." Luke said and walked up to them. They each took out their phones and turned on their lights.

"I can't see anything." Calum groaned. "Cassie, can you hear me?" Calum called out. "Cassie, baby, answer me."

"Calum.." Ashton sighed.

"Don't you 'Calum' me." Calum glared at Ashton. "Get outside and get these lights back on." Ashton sighed and walked outside.

"What do we do now?" Michael asked.

"Luke, call Rebecca. We need to get here down here to help Cassie."

"On it." Luke nodded and dialed her number.

"Mr. Hemmings? Why are you calling me so late?" Rebecca asked as she answered.

"We need you to get down to the Diamond Rio hotel. Cassie's been injured." Luke explained. "We can't get to her and we don't know if she's even alive or not."

"Oh, no. Alright, I'll get there as soon as I can." Rebecca said.

"She'll be here soon." Luke told Calum. "Stay on the phone, babe."

"Good. Hang in there, Cassie, we're gonna get you out of here." Calum chewed on his lip as Cassie moaned in pain. "You're gonna be okay, princess."

"Where's Ashton with those lights?" Michael asked.

"I don't know, but he needs to hurry the fuck up." Calum sighed. He rubbed his face as he heard Cassie's breathing become more ragged.

"I'm gonna wait outside for Rebecca." Luke said and walked outside.

"I'm going up there." Calum said, starting to walk up to the stage.

"No, Calum!" Michael said, pulling him back. "Richard could be waiting for you up there to kill you, too."

"I can't just leave her there! I promised her that I'd keep her safe and I can't do that from here."

"You also can't do it if you're dead. Just wait for Rebecca to get here." Michael reasoned.

"You're right.." Calum sighed. "She better hurry."

"Don't worry, I'm here." Rebecca said as she walked in with Luke. The lights turned back on as the door closed behind them.

"The lights are back!" Calum exclaimed. "Rebecca, get to Cassie!"