XIII.

Richard's men brought Calum down the loading dock and placed the chair in the middle of the room. "What is he doing to her?" Calum asked. He didn't actually want to know what was happening to her, but he knew he would find out eventually.

"Just making sure she knows what he's capable of." The men smirked at Calum. The large elevator opened and Richard entered the loading dock with Cassie.

"Let her go." Calum demanded. "She doesn't need to be part of this."

"You say that, but she's already part of this. You made her a part of this when you hired her." Richard smirked. He brought Cassie over to a pulley and hooked her hands to the hook, lifting her slightly off the ground.

"She was never meant to be part of this. She's innocent." Calum looked at Cassie.

"If she's so innocent, why was she messing with your shipments?" Richard asked, smirking darkly.

"Cassie, what did you do?" Calum looked at her.

"Nothing, I swear." Cassie whimpered. "I was only moving the unlabeled boxes, so they were all together."

"Did you look inside any of them?"

"No, I swear. I didn't." Cassie lied, hoping it would get her out.

"Still sticking with the 'she doesn't know anything' story?" Richard asked, looking at Calum.

"Yes, because it's true. She doesn't know anything." Calum reasoned.

"Then, I guess it's time you tell her." Richard chuckled and picked up an iron pipe. "Tell her, or I'll beat her to death."

"You wouldn't." Calum glared at Richard.

"You know I would, Calum. So, tell her." Richard trailed the pipe along Cassie's stomach. "Tell her, or she dies."

"I don't believe you." Calum shook his head. "You don't care if she knows or not. This has never been about telling her. Just let her go. You have what you want."

"Actually, I don't have what I want." Richard shrugged. "What I want is to be the biggest empire in the country, but I can't with you in the picture. I know you have feelings for our dear Cassie, and I know I can break you." Richard smirked.

"Calum, just tell me." Cassie begged, looking at him. "If you tell me, he won't kill me."

"Oh, I'll still kill you. Just not like this." Richard chuckled. "If I don't get to kill you, where's the fun in all this?"

"You son of a bitch." Calum seethed. "Let her go. Now. I'll give you what you want, just don't hurt her."

"What I want, is for you to tell her about your little business."

"I can't tell her. You know I can't tell her." Calum sighed. "I won't tell her."