XXIII

"This has to be Richard. We need to get everyone out of here." Calum said and turned on his phone flashlight. "Attention everyone! We've run into some lighting difficulties. The party will resume at the hotel next door. Please make your way there now." Calum spoke loudly and clearly. The guests started making their way out of the ballroom. "Luke, make sure they all get next door. We're gonna look for Richard and Cassie."

"You got it." Luke nodded and began ushering people out of the building.

 "Okay, if you find anything, holler." Calum said to Ashton and Michael. They had only just split up when the spotlight lit up the stage and there Cassie was. Her hair was coming undone and her mascara was running down her cheeks. Richard stood behind her, holding a knife to her throat.

"I've been waiting for this moment for a long time." Richard smirked down at Calum. "I'm going to kill your girl in front of you."

"No, you won't." Calum said and aimed his gun at Richard. Ashton and Michael did the same.

"You think your little guns scare me?" Richard laughed and pressed the knife harder against Cassie's neck.

"Let her go." Calum growled, glaring at him.

"Go ahead and make me." Richard shrugged. "You shoot me, her neck gets slashed on the way down."

"Then let her go." Calum tried to reason.

"I'm not letting her go, Hood." Richard said as he dragged the knife down Cassie's torso to her stomach. "Put your weapons down, boys."

"Not happening. Let her go and we'll think about putting them down." Calum said. Richard looked at Cassie.

"I didn't want to resort to this, but that's what it's come to." He sighed. "Tell your boyfriend and his friends to drop their weapons, or you'll be dead."

"Listen to him, Cal." Cassie cried. "Put them down." It took all Calum had to listen. He wanted nothing more than to free her from Richard's grasp.

"Alright, we'll put them down.." Calum sighed and put his gun on the floor, Ashton and Michael following suit.

"Perfect." Richard smirked and pushed the blade into Cassie's stomach as the spotlight went out, leaving the room pitch black.