XXV

Calum ran up to the stage as soon as the lights came back on. "Oh, God, there's a lot of blood." He knelt down next to Cassie and took off his suit jacket. "Cassie, can you hear me?" Cassie hummed in response, her eyes fluttering shut. "Hey, hey, come on." Calum cupped her cheek. "Baby, keep your eyes open."

"We need to keep pressure on the wound." Rebecca said, taking Calum's jacket. She placed it on Cassie's stomach and pressed down.

"Cassie, wake up." Calum said, slapping her cheeks gently. "Come on, baby, open your eyes."

"Calum, she needs to get to the hospital." Rebecca said, looking at him.

"No! No hospitals! Richard can find us there." Calum shook his head.

"She's losing too much blood. Either we take her to the hospital, or she dies right here."

"I can't lose her. Not like this." Calum looked at her. "Do something for her."

"Are you not listening to me? She needs to get to the hospital."

"Alright, fine. Let's go." Calum stood up.

"We can take my car." Rebecca said. Calum nodded and picked Cassie up carefully. He carried her out to Rebecca's car and laid her in the back.

"Okay, Rebecca, drive!" Calum got in quickly. Rebecca nodded and got in her car, driving the three of them to the hospital. He carried Cassie inside and to the front desk.

"Kennedy, we need a room. She's gonna need transfusions and surgery." Rebecca told the woman at the front desk.

"I'll call Dr. Wilson." Kennedy nodded and paged him. "You can take her to room 413."

"This way." Rebecca said, leading Calum to room 413. Dr. Wilson came shortly after and wheeled her to the operating room while Calum waited for the boys in the waiting room.

"How is she?" Ashton asked.

"She's in surgery now." Calum sighed. "Rebecca should be out in a bit for some updates."

"Here she comes now." Luke nodded.

"Hey, guys." Rebecca smiled softly. "She's gonna be just fine. We've got her all stitched up, but she needs blood."

"I can donate." Calum said. "How much does she need? Actually, just take as much as you need. Where are we doing this?"

"In here." Rebecca said, leading him into the lab. The boys all turned to look at each other as Calum walked away.

"Did you guys hear how quickly he volunteered to donate blood?" Ashton asked.

"Yeah, he didn't offer to donate blood when I got shot two years ago. He told the doctors to find someone else." Michael added.

"Guys, I think Calum might actually love Cassie." Luke widened his eyes.

"Calum? In love?" Ashton scoffed. "That doesn't happen."

"Ashton, look at the signs. He's saved Cassie on multiple occasions, he gave up his home to keep her safe when Richard was after her, he's in there donating blood for her. He's absolutely in love with her." Luke said.

"We'll ask him about it when he's done giving blood." Michael said and the others nodded.

When he was done, Rebecca came back to the boys. "You can go sit with Calum. Make sure he's drinking his juice and eating the fruit snacks. He needs the sugar." They nodded and walked into the room to find Calum.

"Hey, Cal. How much blood did they take?" Luke asked.

"They took, like, 3 bags." He sighed and leaned back. "Can you grab me another bag of fruit snacks?" He asked and Luke handed him a bag.

"So, you must really love her." Ashton said.

"I love her so much." Calum looked at them. "I love her more than anything in the world."

"I told you he was in love." Luke smirked.

"Yeah, I'm in love." Calum grinned at the boys.