XV

"I killed his family.." The words sounded fake and Cassie wasn't even sure she heard him right.

"You killed his family?" Cassie looked at him, her face pale.

"They weren't supposed to be there. I never wanted to hurt them." Calum reasoned.

"Didn't stop you from slashing my wife's throat." Richard glared at him. "That was the day I promised I'd bring an end to Calum Hood. I don't care how I do it, or how many people get hurt along the way. I will destroy him." Calum looked up at Cassie, seeing the evident fear written on her face.

"Cassie, I never wanted to hurt anyone. Especially you. That's why I never told you any of this." Calum pleaded. "I knew if I told you, you'd be in more danger than you are now. I won't be able to live with myself if something happened to you." Cassie took in his words and just shook her head.

"I can't believe this.." She whispered. Calum turned and looked at Richard.

"Please, let her go. You got what you wanted. She knows everything. Now, let her go." Calum begged.

"Why would I let her go? She's my biggest advantage now." Richard chuckled. "You stole my family from me, you took the only thing I had and you killed them. Now, I've got something that means enough to you. I can use her to bring you down."

"No, let her go." Calum glared at him.

"I'm going to ruin you, Hood. And, she's going to help me do it."