18-You're my person

Noah's POV:

I don't follow Lola down to Richelle. I stay and wait for Emily to release Elliot from her office.
"Thank you so much for talking to me. Bye." Elliot says as he leaves the office. Then he turns to me.
"You're still here." I mean I think I am.
"So are you." I laugh. Nothing like a little bit of joking around with your enemy, right?
"I'm leaving now. Maybe I'll see Richelle on my way." I laugh dryly.
"Really? You think Richelle wants to see you. She's with me. And news flash! You're a cheater. Go to hell." That's honestly some of the worst things I've ever said.
"I'll have a wonderful time." He says before leaving with his head high.
"Noah..." Emily warns.
"Sorry, Emily. Sometimes I just can't contain myself. What was all that about?" I can't help but wonder aloud.
"I think you best come and sit down." She's seriously worrying me.

"So that's what all that was about. I don't know what's prompted this sudden change, but as Elliot is no longer leaving it seems perfect for him to do this." I can't help but ask.
"What about Amanda and Giselle? Weren't they supposed to come again after last time?" She nods, but there's a new sadness in her eyes.
"Unfortunately neither one of them can return due to tour commitments so I see fit to replace them with someone equally as knowledgeable." I slam my fist down.
"Why not Riley!? Why not James!? Why not Eldon!? Why not anyone but Elliot!?" She takes my hand and tells me to breathe.
"Look, I'm sorry Noah, but the girls couldn't come and I want my studio to have the best." I don't know what makes me do it, but I feel myself lifting up.
"Well you haven't got me." I walk out.

Richelle looks at me with a saddened expression.
"Noah, you said you wouldn't." I cry in her arms, but I can't feel a thing.
"Why did you do it? Why did you let Elliot run you out the studio?" I feel terrible.
"Richelle...just go." She starts to sit up.
"Noah, if you aren't willing to go back I can't help you."
"You can't help me." She stands up.
"Noah?"
"Yeah."
"Forget it. I'll see you after rehearsal, okay?" I wrap the blanket around me for warmth as I watch her leave. I carry on crying.

"Honey, I'm home!" Richelle calls. Usually I'd laugh at that, but right now I feel like such an unstable mess.
"Noah! I'm bored of this." She reasons.
"Well it's your choice to be there. If Elliot is going to ruin your dance experience, I think we should leave together."
"I'm bored of you. Elliot isn't the problem here. You are. You walked out on Emily! You can leave because of my ex, but I won't. And until you come to your senses, I'm going to have to ask you to go."
"Go where?"
"I don't know.Home. Anywhere away from me. It's over between us." It never really even began. Maybe I took her on one spectacular date, but that isn't much. I had so many more plans. I had so much more to do. And now I'm leaving her house like an idiot.
"I still love you." I add. Richelle explodes.
"What's that even supposed to mean? My parents told me they loved me, but they don't even care enough to ring me once a month. The word 'love' to me is imaginary. I can't do this with you Noah."
"Please. Richelle! You're my person." She sighs and shakes her head.
"I'll never be anyone's person. Please leave now Noah." She shuts the door as I hear sobs from the other side. I leave in despair. I've lost her. I don't know how I've lost her.

A/N: in case you're wondering, I wrote the first chapter so incredibly far apart from the rest and forgot what happened. I went back and read it and forgot all about the Amanda and Giselle scene so I thought I'd give an explanation, which is this that it happened, but not in the book.

Also I've entered Replacing Richelle into The Wattys and I really hope you will all support me. Thank you so much for how much support I'm receiving. I still can't believe we're at 4K.