Chapter 1

I'm begging you, please don't make any inappropriate jokes about her referring to her dad as "daddy". Like seriously, all little kids do and some people still do. Be mature just for this chapter then do whatever the hell you want in the others(unless it's not appropriate) thanks lmao respect is appreciated

Also hi Abigail this one sucks v badly up until chapter like 20 and I hate his book but it's here and stuff so

(Delilah's POV)
||Trigger Warning(for this whole book)||

4 years ago

I was sitting on the ground in my room, tears rolling down my cheeks. My Daddy just got done beating me. I deserved it, after all I didn't make my bed. He had been drinking, and alcohol made him violent. He was very nice when he was sober though.

So I know he didn't mean it. Mommy says she wants to help but can't. I don't know what she means by that. My nose hurt really badly, and drops of red dripped from it and onto my hands every once and a while. He's done worse. My door opens and my Daddy walks in. "Why the hell is your bed still unmade?! Your so fucking useless! You never learn do you?!" He screams and I whimper.

"D-daddy I'm sorry, I'll do it n-" I get cut off by him grabbing me by my arm and dragging me out of the room. "Ow daddy that hurts, s-stop!" I say tears streaming down my face. Right when he stopped at the bathroom, I knew what he was gonna do, making me cry harder. "Shut the fuck up, Delilah. You wanna be a little brat and not listen, you're gonna get punished." He says shoving me in the bathroom and he stumbles in himself, locking the door behind him.

I stayed seated on the ground and I watched as he filled the tub with steaming hot water. Once it was filled enough, he turned it off and turned to me. "Stand up you little bitch." He slurred, the smell of alcohol strong on his breath. "D-daddy please no, I'll be good I swear!" I say and he simply shakes his head and grabs my arms and yanks me up onto my feet. He grabbed the back of my head and pushed it underwater. I didn't even have a chance to hold my breath. The scolding hot water burns my face and I screamed underwater, not helping with the fact that I didn't hold my breath. I would drown.

I struggled against him, kicking my legs and gripping the edge of the tub and trying to push myself up, but he kept a firm grip on me. He was probably yelling at me to stop but I couldn't hear. He brings my head up and I could barely even take a breath before he shoves my head back underwater. I kicked like crazy and right when my foot hit something, he let go of me. I pull myself up and I could see him hunched over. I kicked him in his stomach.

I ran out of the bathroom and as I ran past the staircase, a pair of hands shoved me and I went flying down the stairs. I hear my mommy scream as the room was spinning. My head hurt so badly. "Richard! this has gone too far! You need to stop drinking!" Mommy yells and Daddy steps over me and walks over to her. "She's a fucking mistake, Destiny. She deserves it." He says and I could feel tears pouring down my face but I didn't dare to move. It would hurt.

The door opens and slams shut and that's when Mommy runs over to me after she locks the door. "Oh my.. sweetheart." She says and I sit up, only to wince. My whole head was in so much pain. I hug her and she hugs me back, picking me up. She carried me to the bathroom and placed me on the sink. She took out some ointment and started putting it on my face. The cold substance was soothing. I could tell my face was red and blistering.

After Mommy finished and picked me up again and walked downstairs and put the door. "Mommy where are we going?" I ask. "To get ice cream and then I'm gonna take you somewhere safe." She says and I nod with excitement. All I knew was that I was getting ice cream and that's all I cared about. After we got ice cream, we ate it in the car. I got strawberry with chocolate sprinkles! It's my favorite because it's so yummy. After that Mommy pulled up to a building and we got out.

She took out a suitcase from the trunk and bended down to my height. "Delilah, Mommy has to leave you here alright sweetie? You'll be safe and Daddy will no longer be able to hurt you." She says. "You coming too Mommy?" I asked and she shook her head no. That made me cry. "You'll find a new mommy and daddy. They'll be better and get you what you need. They won't hurt you. You'll be safe." She says. "I don't want new ones! Daddy's nice when he's not drinking those drinks!" I say and she nods sadly.

"But he hurts you sweetheart and I can't let him do that anymore. Your daddy needs help. I love you Lilah." She says. "I love you too Mommy!" I say and hug her, wrapping my small arms around her neck. "All you need to do is knock and say I dropped you off okay? They'll help you. The lady is really nice I promise." She says and pulls away from the hug. "You'll come back right Mommy?" I ask and she shrugged. "If daddy gets help and if no one adopts you then I'll come back." She says and I felt better at that. Those words gave me hope. She got in the car and I approached the door, waving and saying a final "I love you Mommy bye bye!" And she smiles and as she drove away I heard her say "I love you more Lilah."

And then waterworks came once again as I knocked on the door in front of me. After a minute or so, a lady answer. She was pretty and had a nice smile. She reminds me of my Mommy already. "Hey sweetheart, what brings you here?" She asks bending down. "My mommy dropped me off and said that I need to be here to be safe from my Daddy." I say and she frowns a a bit as she steps aside to let me.

Little did I know stepping in there would change my life. I loved it there for a while. Until I started getting depressed. Until all my friends got adopted leaving me with no one. Then I hated it there. I grew to learn that my Mommy was never coming back. Daddy never got better. Neither did I.