Chapter 9

(Delilah's POV)

We were in the car, heading out to go shopping. "Hey Lilah, listen to this song and then guess who it's by." Melody says, handing me one of her ear buds. I put it in and she plays the song. "Is it still me who makes you sweat? Am I who you think about in bed? When the lights-" I take the earbud out, and give her a confused look. "I refuse to listen to your sexual music." I state and I hear Brendon laugh at my statement. "Just guess." She says. "I have no clue. Dude you listen to like a million bands." I say. "I mean you're not wrong. But you know this band." She says and I raise an eyebrow at her. "I have never listened to that one before." I say. She looks at Brendon, who was driving and than back at me. "Ooh." I say. It must be one of his songs.

"It finally clicked?" She asks. "If you bully me one more time I will softly throw you out of the car window." I say. "Softly?" Brendon asks. "Well yeah, I don't want to hurt her or anything." I state. "The real question is, will the car be moving?" Dallon asks. "Yes." I state and Melody laughs. "Honestly please do. I wanna fly." She says. "Uh, hate to break it to you but.." I say. "What? I would be flying through the air." She says and I laugh. "Dude the only thing you'd be flying through is the windshield of the car behind us." I say. "Ouch." Brendon says.

I remember something and smirk, and take out my phone.

Delilah: actually you know what I'll do if you keep bullying Me?
Melody: what thot
Delilah: I'll kindly inform my dads' that you think they're hot and you read dirty stories about them
Melody: how do you remember that
Melody: Don't you fucking dare I'm serious, that was such a long time ago omg
Delilah: ;)

"Delilah I'm serious I'll cry." She says aloud. "In a good way, I could only imagine." I say. "No seriously I'll stop bullying you." She says. "Do something about it, thot." I say and Brendon snickers. "What a mood." He says. "Delilah, don't say that. That's a no no word." Dallon says. Melody laughs and flickers my forehead. "Ha you're grounded." She says. "That may so but at least I don't think-" She covers my mouth and lick her hand, In which she quickly removes it. "I'm gonna cry stop." She says and I wink at her. "Delilah stop it." She says, she did sound like she was scared but I like fucking with her.

"No clue what's happening but Delilah, knock it off." Dallon says. "No." I say sticking my tongue out at him. "I hate you." She says while frowning. "Hey, hate is a very strong word." I say and she glares at me, and crosses her arms. "Actually you can't say anything you also said they were." She says and I raise an eyebrow at her. "No I said they were handsome. There's a difference between seeing someone's beauty and being attracted to it." I say and she frowns even more.  Brendon and Dallon weren't even listening to us anymore. They were talking about something laughing and holding hands. It kinda worried me that Brendon was only driving with one hand, but he seemed to have control and that's all I cared about.

Delilah: just like I said I thought you were gorgeous
Mel: O
Delilah: except I am attracted to your beauty just a bit
Delilah: g a y m o d e a c t i v a t e d

I look at her to see her face was a deep share of pink. "But like no homo tho." I say aloud and she looks up. "Nuh uh I felt all the homo through that text." She says. "Being gay is great." I hear Brendon say and I laugh. "Agreed." Dallon says while chuckling. We get to the mall and memories flooded my mind.

"Mommy! Can I get this?!" I ask, excitement coursing through me, as I held up a sliver necklace. I had a small sliver butterfly charm on it, covered in sparkly silver glitter. It was gorgeous. "Ask Daddy." She says with a smile. I look around, bouncing in place from excitement. I spot him and run at him. "Daddy! Daddy!" I say and he turns to look at me, a bright smile on his face. "Daddy can I get this?!" I ask, showing it to him and he smiles and picks me up. "Sure sweetheart. Let's go pay." He says. "Ahh thank you thank you!" I say and he chuckles, and starts walking towards the line. He presses a kiss to my forehead as he grabs Mommy's hand.

"Delilah." Someone says shaking me and I shake my head and look around. Everyone was staring at me with worry. I then realzie I was crying. My hand flies to my neck and I grab the chain, and stare at the charm on the end of it. The glitter on it was worn down, barely noticeable. It certainly wasn't as beautiful as it once was. "Are you okay?" Dallon asks and I nod. "Mhm, let's go shopping." I say and Melody stares at me. "Stop thinking about him." She says and I shake my head. "I can't help it. Melody, it hurts still." I say softly. "Do i have to kick some boys ass?" I hear Brendon say and I chuckle.

"No.. I was thinking about my biological father." I say and he ahs. We get in the mall, going to random stores, picking up random things. Making Jokes and laughing. It was a great time. As we're walking to another store, a man bumps into me, he was too busy talking to the woman beside him to notice me, and as I fell he did. "Oh I'm so sorr-" He stopped mid sentence causing me to look up. No way. If couldn't be him. Impossible.  Yet it was very possible, because here he was standing in front of me. He looked so different. Yet more put together than I remember. I turn to look at the woman beside him, and yep, she also looked so so different. Happier. My parents were here in front of me.

Authors Note

Double update!!

Also I feel like this is gonna be a really long story, like a ton of chapters, in which I hope you guys don't mind, I just, I really like this book, and I need a good way to end it, on which I haven't found yet yikes

I have my life together, can you tell? Lmao

I hope you all are doing amazing, and I hope you're having a good day/night 💖

Thank you for readinggg

-E💕