Chapter 40

(Delilahs POV)

When I woke up, I didn't open my eyes immediately. I stayed there staring at the back of my eyelids, listening to the constant beeping and the murmur of whispering. Am I on the bus? Are we still at the venue? What is that awful beeping sound? It's so annoying. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Yeah, yeah I get it what the fuck. Is that someone's phone? I open my eyes, hoping the sound would stop, but it didn't. I was only met with blinding lights and I groan, and close my eyes again. Fucking hell. The murmuring stops and I slowly open my eyes. Two doctors were at the end of my bed, their focus now on me.

"H-huh?" I say, confusion filling me. "Where.. where am I?" I ask and the guy doctor walks over to the side of my bed. "Do you remember fainting?" He asks and oh yeah. The events from last night came crashing down on me. "Where are my dads?" I ask and he looks at the other doctor and she nods and walks out. What the fuck. "Delilah, you have bacterial meningitis." He says and I stare at him confused. "What's that?" I ask groggily, and he nods. "It's an infection of the brain and spinal cord membranes. Usually airborne, so spread through coughing, sneezing, and ear infections in some cases. Luckily, we were able to treat you quickly enough, and you should be better in a few days, a week or so at most." He explains and I groan and close my eyes.

"Are the lights bothering you?" He asks and I softly nod. I hear him walk away and the sound of a light switch is heard. I open my eyes to see he turned off one set of the lights. "Thanks.." I mumble and he nods. "I want my dads." I say and he awkwardly looks at his clipboard. "You can't be around other people for atleast 48 hours. Bacterial meningitis is extremely contagious. Hence why I'm wearing a mask." He explains. "Can't I just wear one of those and not touch people at all? I can't be away from them that long. Plus, they have concerts. Places to be." I say and he sighs. "We'll see, but you have to stay here tonight no matter what. The earliest would have to be tomorrow night." He says and I sigh. "Okay." I mumble and he nods and writes something down.

"Get some rest, it's what's best for you right now. Someone will be in shortly to give you your medicine." He says and then walks out. It happened so suddenly. Like I just got sick suddenly and it progressively got worse as the hours went on. That's so wild. I wonder if it's super serious. Could I have died? He said it involves my brain so I'm guessing so. I shiver at the thought. I felt a bit better than I did when I had fainted. I wonder if I fainted from the bacterial whatever, or the head injury I received from that asshole. I had so many questions that I was too afraid to ask, so I would never receive the answer. I was quite sleepy. Maybe I can sleep this off. I doubt it, but hey, imagination is what keeps me going. I lay down and despite the pain in my neck, and pounding headache, I managed to drift to sleep.

!

The next day was a blur. I slept most of the day, other then when I had to eat and take medicine. That's it. They told me later tonight I'd be able to go as long as I wear a medical mask, and avoid breathing on, coughing or sneezing near people. Basically no human contact at all for like two days just to be safe. They prescribed me meds that I had to take for two weeks. Yay me. I also learned me fainting was from the concussion I had, plus the sickness, my body kinda gave away. So love that, I literally could've died. If it weren't for that bastard I would've been fine. Other then the sickness I have now. I sadly can't blame him for that. When my dads' came to pick me up I had to remind myself that I can't touch anyone. The doctor told them that everyone near me should also wear medical masks. Let me tell you, boy was that a sight to see.

"We look like a gang of doctors." Pete says. I should be on the bus right now, not in the venue, but I won't be around anyone who's not wearing a medical mask so who cares. I'm chilling backstage, sitting in a corner. I slept the whole way here, fairly enough. I would be bored since I'm still grounded. "Gang gang." I mumble and Brendon snorts. "How's the weather over there?" Melody asks and I chuckle. "Pretty nice thanks for asking." I say. I had taken a chair and moved away from everyone, just to be safe. I was freezing so I took one of Dallons hoodies, because they're huge on me, and that equals way more warmth. I don't know if it's the infection or a side affect of the medication but I feel like I'm in a freezer despite the 70° weather. It's September, it'll start getting colder soon.