Chapter 27

(Delilahs POV)

Immediately I regret it as I face planted into the ground. Luckily, it was on grass, as I had just missed the concrete. "Yep okay thats enough for today." I mumble, rolling onto my back. "You literally just got hit by a car, and you decide to jump off a roof, why?" Joe asks. "Because imma a rebel, I don't follow rules." I mumble. Suddenly my phone starts to go off, and Melodys also did. "I hope it's Donald Trump so I can block him." I joke, while sitting up and taking out my phone. It was the groupchat. Why'd I say That? No clue. It wasn't even funny.

Jay: gusts I'm crying so fucking hard right now

Jay: my mom is being rally transphobic and homophobic and so. Can't take it pelase someone let me come over I cante

Kayla: I'm so sorry, in not home right now. Mel?

Jay: soemoebepwlae

Jay: shes hutting eme

Kayla: call the police!! OMG dvehebs

"Oh my.." I say and look up at Melody, who hasn't even checked her phone. "What?" She says. "Jay, his Mom is being really transphobic, and homophobic and she's hitting him why the.." I say. I didn't know he was transgender. I frown at my phone. He shouldn't have to go through abuse like that.

Delilah: what's going on? Jay?

Jay: she left

Jay: ask melody if I could go over her house for me please

Delilah: she's over my house right now, wanna come over?

Jay: pleas omg thank you so much Delialh ily

Delilah: ill text you my address

"Is it okay if he comes over?" I ask Brendon who was closer to me. "Yes of course, please. He shouldn't have to go through that." Brendon says and I nod.

Jay: I'm almost together in runensin

Jay: I'm almost there I'm running*

Kayla: yes bb get away from your nasty ass mother

Melody: !

"Loser." I say looking up from my phone. "You're rude." Melody says. "No you." I say and she rolls her eyes playfully.

Jay: I'm here, out of breath but herew

Delilah: okay one moment kind sir

"Okay so he doesn't know me, so go and let him in, Mel." I say. "He's gonna scream." She says standing up. "Why?" I ask. She points to everyone and I give her a confused look. "He's a huge fan of literally everyone here." She says. "Oh. I forget they're famous sometimes." I say. "Hey that's not a bad thing." Joe says and I shrug. Melody walks in the house and I hum a tune, but stop. Melody walks out, a boy trailing behind her. He had bright blue eyes, and brown hair, which was styled up. His eyes widen once he sees everyone and Melody chuckles. "Earth to Jason?" She says waving he than in front of his face.

"Oi jaybird, tweet tweet." I say and he turns and looks at me. "O my." He says and I go to stand up, but wince, deciding not to. Both him and Melody come over and sit in front of me. "Your face.. what happened?" He asks. "Oh yeah. I got hit by a car." I say and his eyes widen. "I didn't die though." I say. "Oh you didn't? That's good." He says and I laugh. "Why isn't Kayla here? Isn't she your side hoe?" Jay says. "Shh! Don't tell anyone!" I say. "I knew it." Josh says. "Who's Kayla?" Patrick asks and I snicker. "I'm offended." Melody says. "Aww c'monnn. I don't even know her." I say.

Jays phone starts to ring and he sighs and answers it. "Yes mother?" He says and Melody says something to him and he nods, and put it on speaker. "Where the hell are you?!" She yells. "Somewhere safe." He mumbles. "Get home right now, Jaclyn." She says and Jay winces. "That's not my name. I'm staying here. " He says. "When will you realize that that's not how things work! You're a fucking girl!" She yells. "And you're a transphobic asshole! You're not my mother!" Jay yells. "Raise your voice with me and I'll.. ooo, wait till you get home." I hear his mom say and I couldn't take it any longer. I grab his phone and he looks taken back.