Chapter 49

(Delilahs POV)

I was aware that I shouldn't have snapped like that. I just, I wasn't in a good mood as is, and than feeling dumb about forgetting my birthday made me feel even worse. So now here we are, all of us sitting in awkward silence as Brendon performed. Dallon was at a different venue right now, so it was just me, Melody and my uncle's backstage hanging out. I just wanted to be with my dads right now. No one else.

"I don't get why you got mad, no one was making fun of you. I know you don't care about your birthday. It's okay." Melody speaks up and I look up. "I'm not upset about that." I mutter, twisting my hands in my lap and she gives me a confused look. "Was it the nightmare?" She asks and I shake my head again. "...yesterday?" She says and I stop fumbling with my hands and just stare at my lap.

"Why are you upset about that? We're okay." She says and she didn't mean it in a mean way, but that reply twisted my emotions in an unpleasant way. "Haven't you thought that maybe I feel like shit about it?" I say, raising my voice above a mutter for the first time all day. "Why? We didn't get hurt? I'm sorry I don't get it." She says and I bite my lip harshly and shake my head.

"Lil?" I hear Pete ask and I just look at my lap. "If you're still mentally exhausted over it, lay down." Melody mumbles and I stand up. "No, that's not it! It's not about me, I feel like shit because so risked not only your life but your baby's life too! All I've been doing is messing up and making everyone's life's harder and that was the breaking point for me! You were ahead of me, that car would've hit you, stopping or not. If I didn't push you, you.. you.." I say and she just stared at me shocked, sadness swirling in her eyes.

"I can't bare to lose anyone else. Especially you. It didn't happen, thankfully yeah. But it could have." I say and she stands up. "Let's calm down okay? It's not worth stressing and beating yourself up over. It's a lesson learned." I hear Patrick say and Melody engulfs me in a hug. "I'm sorry I worried you. I should've looked too. I put myself I endanger not you. You shouldn't have to look after me." She says softly, running her fingers through my hair and I press my face into her shoulder. I sniffle and her grip on me tightens.

"Are you okay?" She asks and I shake my head. I just broke then, letting everything spill. Everything I've been holding in. "I-I wanna fucking die Melody. I.. all I do is mess things up, I stress everyone out. I don't belong here." I say my eyes glossing over with tears and I can feel her shaking her head. "No..no honey please don't say that, don't say that." Melody says and I bite my lip to stop myself from crying.

"I, I'm the reason Richards dead. I'm the reason my Dads can never be at ease, I, i fucking hate myself. I really do. I wish the car had hit me." I say tears now rolling down my face and she holds me tighter. "Stop, stop saying that. You're meant to be here. Not dead. You don't stress anyone out, tour itself is stressful. You're okay." She says and I pull away from her and shake my head.

"N-no I'm serious. I- god I'd kill myself now if I knew how!" I say and she stares at me shocked, her eyes glossed over. "But every fucking time, something stops me." I say and she steps forward but I step back shaking my head. I notice Pete looking at me, a knowing sad look in his eyes. But I just look away. "Lil please, just sit down okay? Calm down, let's all talk. That's not worth it I promise you." He says and I was shaking so badly that I couldn't even stand in one place, I swayed ever so slightly.

I just shake my head. "I, every little thing makes me snap, makes me fall into this, I.. I can't do it anymore I can't, I can't, I can't, I can't!" I yell over and over and I turn, tears now running like waterfalls down my face, the hot tears warmed my face. "Delilah I ne-need you. Please don't talk like this. I need you. Your parents need you. You're loved. I love you, your dads love you, your uncle's love you, Jason loves you." I hear Melody say and I let out a sob and walk over, pressing my face against the wall.