Chapter 45

(Delilahs POV)

I had another nightmare. It was simular to the last one except this time, he didn't touch me at all. His eyes didn't change and his skin didn't melt. He was himself. He kept screaming at me that I should've helped him. That it's my fault. I woke up breathing heavily, tears streaming down my face, sweating severely. Why's he torturing me in my dreams? Back to back nightmares are rare for me. Especially about him. Mostly because I don't care for him anymore. I tried to quiet myself down because even though I knew Melody was a deep sleeper, I'm not sure about Brendon and Dallon.

The side lamp turns on and Dallon sits up, a dazed and confused look on his face. "Delilah? Oh sweetheart what's wrong?" He asks sitting up fully and I wipe at my eyes trying to stop the tears. Of course that never works though. "I-I had another nightmare about Richard." I whimper and he frowns. "Cmere, it's okay." He says and I get out of bed, walking over to their bed. He moves over and pulls me into a hug, which I immediately accept. I really hope they don't continue. Why am I having them? Just so suddenly. It didn't make sense and it was terrifying me so much. They feel so real.

Dallon rubs my back as I take in deep breathes, trying to calm myself down. "Mm, Dal was going on?" I hear Brendon say groggily. Great I woke him up too. I'm a horrible person. I woke them both up. "Lilah had a nightmare honey, it's okay. You can go back to bed." Dallon says. "Cmere sweetie." I hear Brendon say and Dallon let's me go and I sit in between them. Brendon, who was half asleep, made me lay down and pressed a kiss to my forehead. "Go to sleep angel. He can't hurt you, your dad and I are here, not him. I'll protect you. We love you." He says sleepily and that made me start crying all over again. This time they weren't sad tears.

Brendon had already fallen back to sleep and I turn to Dallon who pulled me back into a hug. "I know, it chokes me up too." He says and I nod. "I-I'm so glad you guys are my dads.. it, it feels unreal sometimes and-and hearing it just, I'm emotional." I say, laughing a bit while wiping at my cheeks. He continues to rub my back, and pressed a kiss to the top of my head. "I know, we're lucky. So so lucky." He says and I sniffle while nodding. "You can go back to sleep, I'll protect you. I know it's scary." He says soothingly. "I feel like such a baby." I mumble as Dallon lays down, keeping an arm around me.

"You are our baby, even if we didn't have you since you were one, you still always will be our baby no matter what. Even if you're gonna be 15 soon. We don't care how old you get, life's scary sometimes and it's our job to help you through that." He says softly. I don't deserve them as parents I really don't. I'm so so grateful. I lay down fully, deciding that sleep is probably best to get some rest. Dallon turns the light back off, relaxing back down. I close my eyes, listening to my dads heartbeat, but I couldn't sleep. I was afraid of falling back into one of those horrid nightmares. I don't wanna see him anymore. I dont wanna hear him. I wanna be left alone.

Dallon started to softly hum, rubbing my back softly. I figured that since they're here, I might feel safer and not have another one. Plus three nightmares in a row isn't likely. I let my eyes slip shut, letting sleep take over me.

This nightmare was different. Still same setting but this time, I wasn't just taking his bullshit. I screamed back at him, angering him more. If he raised him hand at me, I'd shove him away and scream more. I'd call him a deadbeat, poor excuse of a man, an abusive asshole. Everything that I knew would hurt him. He had cornered me into a wall, and was hitting me. Anytime I fought back, he only slammed me into the wall and hit harder. I tried to run away but he grabbed me, slamming me into the ground.