Chapter 15

(Delilah's POV)

I lied down to rest my eyes while Melody changed her clothes. I had accidentally spit water on her so she wanted to change before meeting people. Though I had accidentally fell asleep, not into a dream, but into a memory of the first time my Dad had ever hit me.

I was five, and sitting on my bed. It was my birthday. I could hear Mommy and Daddy fighting, it was worse than it ever had been. Right when I heard mommy scream, I jumped out of bed, alarmed. I ran down the hall and slowly walked down the stairs. "Shut the fuck up, Destiny! You deserved it!" I hear Daddy yell. I could hear Mommy crying and I walked into view. I saw Mommy lying on the ground, crying, her hands covering her face, but her hands were covered in blood.

I gasp and Daddy looks at me, his eyes filled with hate and anger. "This is all your fault you fuck up!" He yells at me and I whimper. "I-im sorry, d-daddy.." I say tears pooling in my eyes. "You're not! You shouldn't be here! I hate you!" He screams and suddenly his fist collide with my face and I scream, and fall to the ground. "Richard stop!" Mommy yells but he simply shoves her so she's lying on her back. "Choke on your blood you cunt." He says to her and turns to me.

"You don't deserve to live, Delilah." He says and I just continued to sob, his words hurting more than the punch did. He had actually hit me. I couldn't believe it. He throws a bottle at me and I scream louder as the room went black.

I wake up with a jump and Melody right in front of me, worry clear on her face. I could feel tears running down my face as I looked around. "Are you okay?" She asks and I nod while wiping my tears. "A bad dream, or more like memory.. I'm good." I say and she nods. "It's been like 7 minutes and Dallon said Brendon wants us downstairs, he texted me." She says and I nod and sit up. We head downstairs and as we hit the last step I could see two other boys on the couch. Melody gasped and I look at her confused. Everyone else also looked at us.

"Oh no please dont start coughing and die again." I say and she glares at me. "Delilah this is Tyler and Josh, which you might as well consider them your uncles." He says pointing to each of them as he said their name and I wave. "And I'm assuming you know them." Brendon says while looking at Melody. "You bet." She says and Josh and Tyler laugh. "Were you crying?" Dallon asks. Shoot. "Uh yeah I uh, ya know, uhm, I was looking at memes and they were just sooo good I cried?" I say. I'm a terrible liar. Look, I don't wanna cause a whole scene while they're here. I wanna make a good first impression for once. Dallon nods but gives me a "We'll talk later" look.

We sat down and we all joked around for a bit, laughing and smiling. It was nice. They were really nice people. Funny too. A loud knock is heard and I stand up. "I'll get itttt." I say. I always loved answering the door. Dunno why. I guess I'm just so used to Melody being there. "Be careful." Brendon says and I nod as I pull open the door. No fucking way.

"Uhm no thanks we didn't order an asshole, g'day bye." I say and as I go to close the door, my father stops it with his hand stepping inside. Everyone was looking over here. "Delilah, we need to talk." He says. "No you're a homophobic idiot, you're excused please leave." I say venom dripping from my voice. I hated him. "Dude leave or else I'm calling the police." Dallon says. "This is MY daughter so shut up." He says and that made me snap.

"Excuse you? Don't talk to him like that. You're not my father. They're my dads'. Not you. Two is better than one." I say and he laughs. "I raised you." My "father" says. "No you didn't all you did was abuse me and make me feel worthless. Because you're such a freaking man. No one does that tp their "child". Leave. Right now. I'm happy. I'm surrounded by people whom I love and I don't need you ruining it like you ruined me." I say and he scowls at me.

"I've changed." He says and I shake my head stepping away from him. "No one just changes. You'll always be a selfish, no good, dead beat douchebag." I say and I watch as he clenched his fists at his side. "Do it. Hit me. Nothing I'm not used to. But I can promise you, if you do, my dads' will make sure it's the last thing you do. Now leave. No one invited you in here. No one wants you in here. Go frick off. And never come back." I say and he looks at me. "I'm just asking for forgiveness." He says, and suddenly I'm shoved back a bit and I look to see Brendon.

"Listen here you bastard. You don't deserve forgiveness. You're so fucking disgusting. How can you beat the fuck out of a child and then want her forgiveness? Leave our daughter alone and get the fuck out, motherfucker." He says and I watch as my father raises his hand to punch Brendon but I ran at him, shoving him backwards and he fell. "Don't you dare!" I say. He groans, and looks at me. He reaches his hand up and I flinch ready for him to hit me, but I feel a light tug on my neck.

I open my eyes and he had a grip on the necklace, staring at it. "You kept it?" He asks and I put my hand over his and jerk down, the chain breaking, and I step away. "Not anymore." I say and he looked shocked, and Brendon pulls me back, wrapping his arms around me. I watched as Richard walked out, the necklace tight in his balled up fist. Dallon slammed the door locking it. "The cops will get him." Dallon says. I'm guessing he called the cops? I'd hope so, he just walked in here like he freaking lives here.

"What the hell." Tyler says and I sigh. "That felt good." I say. "Okay, Delilah, don't you ever do that. You should've let him punch me, what if he hit you?" Brendon says releasing his grip on me and I turn to look at him. "I rather me than you. I'm used to it, really." I say and he frowns. "You shouldn't be.." He says and I shrug. "You said no no words I'm tellingggg." I hear Melody say. "Do it." I say and she stands up. "Fight me." She says and I wink at her in response. "Woah woah let's not." Dallon says and everyone starts laughing. This is where I belong.

Authors Note

This book is a mess, much like my life.

How are you doing? Good I hope

Smile, you're beautiful :)

Thanks for reading♡♡

-E💕