Chapter 50

(Delilahs POV)

I woke up with the immediate knowing that I was 15. I wasn't necessarily excited considering I have not celebrated my birthday with a family since I was 4. I can't even remember it all that much. Sure, at the orphanage, Melody and I would go do things but it's not the same as spending it with a ton of people whom you love dearly.

There was one thing I didn't want though. Surprises. Or being scared. I get out of my bunk and immediately someone pins me to the wall and I scream as sillystring is sprayed in my face. "I-?" I say, still half asleep and confused as laughter fills my ears and I open my eyes to see Melody holding the can. "It's my birthday I do not deserve this." I joke as I start to remove the silly string off me. "Happy birthday doofus." Melody says and engulfs me in a hug, which I immediately accept, and hug her back.

"Mm I love you Mel." I mumble into her shoulder and she pats my back softly and presses a kiss to my cheek. "I love you too Lilah." She says and I suddenly became overwhelmed with emotions. "I'm glad we're both here and okay." I mumble and she rubs my back. "I know you're emotional and I love you to the moon and back but to warn you the guys are waiting outside for us so they can be dramatic so let's get ready okay babe?" She says and I nod lifting my head from her shoulder to kiss her.

"I'll get ready. I'll act like you didn't tell me that." I say and wink before going to get changed. After I changed into some skinny jeans and a white shirt with a leather jacket over it. Usually I wasn't fond of leather jackets but to be fair, I felt badass in it. I even put a bit on eyeliner on, and put my hair down.

I go outside and immediately a wave of "Happy birthday!" Was thrown at me and I jump slightly, and smile widely. "Oh my, thank you, thank you." I say while bowing and Dallon and Brendon engulf me into a hug. "Do you want anything special?" I hear Dallon ask. "A gay wedding. Get married." I say jokingly with a smile, remembering last night and he laughs. "One day, patience." He says and I nod. "I was joking." I say. "She wasn't, get married." Melody jokes and I laugh. "Gotta wait sadly." Brendon says and I just shrug. "All I want is to be with all of you today. That's it. Materialistic stuff means very little to none to me." I say. Which was true.

"Well too bad. We have a busy day so let's go." Brendon says and I smile. Except he told me I had to go on fall out boys bus because "All the presents are on our bus and I don't want you snooping because some aren't wrapped." Like I'm too lazy to try and find them. I don't even want them. Oreos on the other hand, I'll go out of my way to find. Maybe they got me 100 boxes of Oreos. I wouldn't mind that you know.

Melody was really clingy today, which I didn't mind but I wonder if it was because of yesterday. Fairly enough, I should probably be in a mental hospital. "I miss my phone." I say and Melody pokes my face. "Don't do the weed then." She says and then a thought hit me. "I never told them about the second time I drank." I say and she gave me a look that I couldn't quite describe. "I think dal found out." I hear Pete say and I look up. "That's why you didn't get your phone back. He said something about how he can't trust you with alcohol at all anymore since you make the same mistakes so you won't get it back for a while, that was like 2 weeks or so ago." He explains and I groan. "As if they didn't go to parties and get wasted and high as teenagers. This is bs." I mumble and Melody playfully shoves me.

"I know not one person who snuck into a bowling alley bar." She says. "The bartender knew I was underage and he didn't care much so I figured maybe the sign was used loosely I don't know okay I was dumb. I should've left. I don't get how he found out though." I say and she looks down. "I may or may not have.. told.. Brendon." She says and I nod. "Why?" I ask. "I'm worried about you. I know I'm not an adult and I know I fucked up but, I don't want you to end up like Richard. You can do so much better and you will and I, I wanna just, I want you to be okay. Ya know? Didn't you have a seizure the first time? That's what Dallon said anyway." She says and I nod. "Apparently I'm not even supposed to be here but hey. I'm here." I say. "A seizure?" Andy asks.