Chapter 44

(Delilahs POV)

I expected Brendon to forget what I said, And I went back with my uncle's while Melody went with Ryan. But he stopped me as we were walking to the bus. "What was wrong?" He asks and I bite the inside of my cheek, debating if I should tell him or not. It'll be for the best. "I wanna die." I say and he looked taken back. "Like I genuinely don't wanna be alive anymore. I mess everything up, I'm a nuisance and I genuinely can't stand to exist with myself anymore." I say and sadness fills his features. "Sweetheart, no please don't think like that. None of that's true." He says and I sniffle and shrug. "Does this have to do with Melody? You guys seem upset at eachother." He says and I nod. "Partly yeah but it's, it's fine. I just, I don't know. I'm being stupid and selfish right? People would kill to be in my place and here I am wanting to die." I say and wipe away at my eyes.

Brendon pulls me in for a hug and I return it, trying to hold back tears. "Everyone here loves you Delilah okay? Remember that. Me, your dad, your uncle's, your girlfriend, all of us. You're wanted and you're loved." He says while rubbing my back. We sat there hugging for a bit before we needed to leave. Couldn't run late. "If you need anyone to talk to, talk to them okay sweetie? I love you." Brendon says and presses a kiss to my forehead. "Love you too dad." I say and Dallon comes over and also pulls me into a tight hug. "Your brain is thinking stupidly. Don't listen to it. Death is boring anyway. Living is for cool kids and you're one hell of a cool kid Lilah." Dallon says and I laugh lightly. "Thanks dad." I say while wiping at my eyes. "Thanks for speaking up. Thank you for saying something before it was too late." He says and presses a kiss to the top of my head.

"Have fun, don't stress Patrick out. He already deals with a bunch of man children." Dallon jokes. "Aka Pete." Patrick says. Dallon chuckles, patting Pete's shoulder and walks off towards the bus, grabbing Brendons hand. Melody was already on the bus with Ryan and I think it's best her and I have space right now. Don't talk nor communicate. I can't either way, no phone. Obviously it'd only lead to fights that are not necessary. "Are you okay?" Patrick asks and I shrug. "Right now? No." I say while getting on the bus. "But it's okay not to be okay sometimes. It won't last hopefully. Some days just aren't as bright and that's fine." I say while sitting down. "If I try and be positive it'll out weigh the dark a bit." I say, wrapping my arms around myself. I was just trying to convince myself even though I really didn't believe it. I hate how dumb things throw me into such a bad mindset and make me feel like the worlds ending.

"I, I think I, I'm gonna head to bed?" I say, while standing up, but Pete grabs my shoulder, stopping me. "Delilah." He says and I look at him. "Maybe you should stay up with us for a bit. I don't think you should be alone right now." He says and I slowly nod. "Yeah uh okay. Okay that's fine." I say and slowly sit back down. I kinda stared off into space as the guys fell into conversation or played on their phones. As the minutes passed I felt worse and worse. It kinda just really settled in how much I fuck up. How I always have to learn the hard way. All the mistakes I make, and how problematic I am. It all crashed down on me at once and I kinda just leaned back in my seat. God I'm so problematic. I can feel Patrick staring at me, and I slowly look up to meet his gaze. "Do you need anything? At all?" He asks softly and I shake my head. My thoughts was a fucking mess and it was giving me a headache and I couldn't focus or think straight. I need to apologize to Melody. I need to apologize to everyone.

"Oh god.." I mumble and run my hands down my face. "What's wrong?" Andy asks and I open my eyes. "I'm sorry." I say and put my elbows in my knees, pressing my face into my hands when I feel tears swell up in my eyes. "I'm so so sorry." I say again, and sniffle. "God, I'm so problematic. I, I make everyone's life so much harder than it need to be, including you guys. I-I'm sorry." I say. "Sweetheart you don't make our life's hard. You're a teenager. Literally I was worse than you are when I was your age." I hear Pete say. "You still are." I hear Joe say jokingly and chuckle half heartedly. "Listen, I'm not gonna say the mistakes you make are okay, but it's important that you're realizing what you're doing is wrong and staying away from making that mistake again. Don't belittle yourself for being yourself. You're growing up, you're learning. All of us make mistakes." Patrick says and I rub at my eyes.