Chapter 26

(Delilahs POV)

We were all outside now, it wasn't dark quite yet, but it was hot as hell out, so we came out here to go swimming. I didn't really want to. Mostly because I'm in pain and I'd have to cover up my stitches and that's too much work. Brendon went in his studio, as he was still extremely mad, and said he needed to blow off some steam. I could hear him playing a guitar loudly, didn't seem to be a particular song or tune. Just angerly strumming the strings. There had to be more on his mind than just that person who hit me with their car, I mean, surely he can't care that much? I don't know.

I go inside, and go upstairs, grabbing my drawing stuff and heading back downstairs. I go through my drawings, and once I find the one I'm looking for, I tear it out. It was of Dallon, Brendon, and Me. It was my favorite drawing, actually. I take out a pencil and write 'I love you guys' on the bottom right corner. I walk over to his studio, and slide it under the door. Immediately, I hear him stop playing and I smile knowing that he noticed it. Melody stands on a table, causing everyone to look at her. Oh god no.

"I hope you fall!" I joke and she jokingly sticks her tongue out at me. "I have an announcement!" She says and I heard someone laugh. "If you don't get down, I'll throw rocks at you." I say and she glares at me. "This announcement involves you." She says and great, now everyone was staring at me. "Ha, no thanks.. Uh I'll pass." I say and she frowns. "Lilah, please." She says and I sigh. "Mkay." I say and sit down, wincing as I do so. "You're gay." She says and gets down. "Wow much truth, very honest." I say while laughing.

I notice Brendon talking to Dallon, whispering to him. When did he come out? Suddenly Dallon looks at me, and it didn't seem to be good whatever they were talking about. I felt uneasy so I stood up, only to fall to the ground as a shooting pain goes up my side. Melody rushes over to me and I force myself to sit up, and press my face into her shoulder. "I'm sorry.. you wouldn't be in so much pain if I hadn't thought so stupidly. We wouldn't have been out in the rain and you wouldn't have gotten hit I'm so-" but I cut her off. "Just- just shut up. Please. It's not. It's no one's fault." I mumble.

"Are you okay?" I hear Patrick ask. "Mhm, just got a pain in my side but thanks uncle Patrick." I mumble. "Thanks Pete." Melody mumbles and I look at her confused, taking my head off her shoulder. "Oh right. You know nothing about the internet." She says. "I don't want to. It's disgusting." I say. "I agree with that statement, honestly." Tyler says. "It's because Melody had to be a special snowflake and make me read things, that shouldn't even be wrote." I say.

"Ugh fanfiction? Gross." I hear Pete say. "I guess you can say that." I say and Melody flicks me in the forehead. "What? You and forehead over there were joking about it, on our live stream as if it's normal to bring up in everyday conversation." I state. "She called him forehead im." Josh says and I chuckle. "Actually, the milk fic is fucking disgusting thank you very much. I don't like the fact that I was placed in it. Out of all things." Brendon says and everyone burst into laughter.

"I just think he doesnt like the fact that Ryan Ross is in it." Melody says. "I feel like you're trying to be shady, but dont know if its at Ryan, or Dallon." I say. "I'm offended." Dallon says jokingly. "I'm not being shady, I'm just saying that's probably one of the reasons." Melody says. "I'm not talking about this, fuck that. Fuck everything right now." Brendon says, and gets up, despite Dallon trying to pull him back, and he goes back into his studio. It was awkward after that. No one spoke, and kinda just stared at eachother not sure what to do.

"Melody, uhm, I'm sure since you're a fan, you know that's a sensitive subject to him. Please.. I'm begging you, don't talk about Ryan around him, unless it involves music." Dallon says. Yikes. Instead of angry guitar strumming, I could hear him angrily playing the drums. Rest in peace the drums. "Fucking great." Melody says, nudging me away from her and standing up. "No, don't you start too." I say. "I keep fucking things up. First I basically am the reason that you almost died, and now I just added to the reasons for Brendon to be stressed and angry and not want to socialize. I'm sick of being such a idiot." Melody says and starts to walk towards the house. I go to stand up, but once again, a shooting pain goes down my side and I wince and sit back down, tears glazing my eyes.