Chapter 16

(Delilah's POV)

After a half hour, Brendon states that we're going swimming and to go get changed. "Can I borrow one of your bathing suits?" Melody asks and I nod. "Of course you can." I state. I really regret getting bikinis. We change, in which we've changed in front of eachother before, we're that close. So we didn't see anything wrong with it. "Mel, my scars are really noticeable.." I mumble and she looks up. She walks over and pulls me into a hug. I felt my heart jump at that and I frown. No, I'm not catching feeling for her. No way. I'm straight. There's no possible way. "Just wear a long sleeve shirt and if anyone asks, your insecure okay?" She says and I nod. She pulls away and I look down at the floor. I hurry over and grab a plain black long sleeved shirt, throwing it on.

We head downstairs to see everyone was outside already. "I'm nervous and I don't know why.." I say and Melody gives me a reassuring smile. "You're gonna be okay. They will understand, I know they will." She says and I nod. I knew that, that still didn't help. We go outside and everyone was in the pool except Tyler, who seemed to just recently come outside. Melody gets in, and I decide not to. I'll just say I can't swim. I'm afraid I'll get told to take off the shirt and I refuse. "You're gonna die in that, it's really hot out." Tyler says and I shrug. "Why're you wearing long sleeves anyways?" He asks. "I'm just insecure about my body is all." I say and he slowly nods. He didn't buy it, he knew why, I could tell. "Okay, whatever you say Lilah. Just know that no one here will judge you for anything at all. Come swim when you're ready." He says and then he too, gets in the pool.

I sat down and after a while, it did start getting extremely hot. The fact that I was wearing all black didn't help either. Like I could feel sweat dripping off my face. I could feel someone staring at me and look up to see Melody looking at me, a sad longing look on her face. She noticed me and smiles at me, in which I return a small smile. I look back down and after a few moments, I feel two arms wrap around me. I knew it was Melody. I hug her back, resting my head on her shoulder. She was cold and it felt nice okay? "Holy hell, Delilah you're gonna have a heat stroke, take that off and come swim please?" She asks and I shake my head, even though I wanted to say yes so badly. "Lilah, come on. You're gonna pass out. Or at least come in with the shirt on or something I'm begging you." She says and I shove my face into her hair.

"Delilahhhhh." She says and I giggle. "No I'm serious, come swim." She says and I sigh. "I don't wanna." I mumble. "You're gonna die of dehydration c'mon. We all want you to swim with us." She says, pouting. "Fine, only because I don't wanna die." I say pulling away from her. I decide that, the shirt isn't that important, and pull it off. "See out here you can't even really see them, unless you're looking for them." She whispers and I smile. We get in the pool, and suddenly I realize Melody wasn't in here. I swear she came in. Suddenly someone grabs my foot and I scream, causing everyone to look at me. Then I'm dragged under. I open my eyes just in time to see Delilah swimming up. That little bitch.

I swim up, and immediately laughter fills my ears. "Okay I did not come in here to be ATTACKED." I say with a smile, pushing my hair out of my face. "I have no idea what you're talking about." Melody says. "Drown yourself." I say jokingly. "Lilah!" Dallon says. "Hey in my defense you can't drown yourself, it's not possible unless you knock yourself out." I say. "I'll just snort the water, that's how I'll do it." Melody says. "Bet." I say. "No, the only thing I've ever snorted was flour and that gave me a nosebleed so I'll kindly reject your offer." She says. "Understandable have a nice day." I say. "Flour?" I hear Josh ask and Mel laughs. "Uh yeah, when I was at school, someone brought a bag of flour and told me to snort some, and I was like 'oH what's the WoRsT that could hAppen.' And I got a really bad nosebleed and my mom had to come and pick me up." She says. "Haha loser." I say jokingly.

"If you don't stop bullying me I'm blocking you." She says. "Aww man not again." I say. She splashes water at me, and I glare at her. I splash her back, with more force than she used and she screams. "Now, now children, no need to fight." Brendon says, whom was on top of Dallon's shoulders. "How's the weather up there?" I ask. "Oh?" Brendon says. "You're on top of a giraffe, the weather has to be a bit different yeah?" I ask. "I am insulted. How dare you." Dallon says with a smile. "To be fair, you are very tall." Tyler says. "I'm only 6'3." He says. "Only? I'm 5'2 I literally have to break my neck to look you in the face." I state. "Lilah, you're just short. You're shorter than all of us." Melody says and I glare at her. "Not my fault!" I say. "Stop drinking so much fucking coffee." She says.

"Hey!" I scold, and her eyes widen. "I meant fudging, fricking, fricking. Duck." She says. "Don't say anymore no no words or else." I say crossing my arms. "Do something, midget." She says and I glare at her. "Uh I'm not that short okay?" I say. "Everyone has to look down to talk to you even if it's only slightly." She says. "You're only 5'6 don't flatter yourself." I say. "5'7, fake fan." She says and I laugh. "I'm an average height." I say crossing my arms, and Melody flicks my forehead and I glare at her. "Do you SEE this harassment." I say. "I'm finding this way more amusing than I should, honestly." Tyler says, leaning against the side of the pool. "I'm being attacked, and I don't appreciate it." I say and Melody laughs.

"No one is doing anything." She says and I raise an eyebrow. "Ya know, flicking me in the forehead wasn't okay. The feds will be around in a bit." I say. The caused everyone to laugh. I don't know why, it wasn't that funny. Like at all. "The way you said that.. oh my.." Josh says and I furrow my eyebrows together. "Huh?" I say. "T..the way you said that.. it was hilarious." Brendon says and I nod. "Wow usually people throw rocks at me when I tell jokes, and that's what causes them to laugh. By people, I mean Melody." I say. "I have never thrown rocks at you!" She says and I give her "are you positive?" Kinda look and she sighs. "That was one time." She says. "It's funny how we used to hate eachother and now we're best friends. Life's crazy." I say and she snickers.

"To be fair, I hated most people. And you looked like a douchebag so I was like 'lemme throw rocks at her' and I still don't regret that." She says. "Do I still look like one?" I ask and she looked like she was holding back laughter. "Yeah." She says and starts laughing. "Goals. Dallon, why didn't you throw rocks at me?" Brendon says. "Because I needed a job." Dallon says, and Melody looks at them. "That sounded shady, and I loved it. Bye." Melody says. "Oh no my fingers are getting wrinkly gotta blast fast." I say and as I go to get out, Melody jumps on me. As we were under water, I open my eyes, turning myself around. Her grip on me stayed. I made a funny face at her, and she does the same and I smile softly, keeping my mouth closed. I stared at her and I close my eyes again. Suddenly I feel a pair of lips against my own.

Authors Note

The feds will be around in a bit

I have no clue what I'm doing with my life wtf

So I'm sick. I had a fever yesterday. My head is KILLING me, and I'm in a ton of pain.

So if updates are slow, I'm sorry. I'm trying I really am.

Hope you have an amazing day

Thank you so much for reading♡♡

-E💕

P.S sorry if there's any spelling mistakes, again, I'm sick and my brain can't process things 100% correctly

P.S.S
This book is so cringy it hurts my soul