Chapter 48

(Delilahs POV)

We were stopped for the night, everyone had done their shows, and we were outside, sitting in some field, talking loudly and laughing. They had a busy day tomorrow and yet here all of us are, sitting in a field talking about random shit. I think it was Brendons idea, but I can't be 120% sure on that one. It was kinda cold, but all of us were dressed warmly, so it didn't bother us. The sky was clear, the inky darkness contrasted well against the bright dots that poked through. Stars will always be memorizing to me. They're so pretty. I kept thinking about how your should be over soon. Next month would be the last month, not even a full one at that. I laid down, the cold grass tickling at the back off my neck, and I let out a sigh. I felt at ease, like nothing wrong could happen. So relaxed I could almost fall asleep.

"We should head to bed, it's getting late." I hear Brendon say. "Yeah I'm tired anyways." Joe says. "Delilah." Melody says and I was so focused on the sky I forgot to reply to her. Suddenly she jumps on my stomach and I groan, pushing her off and curling into myself. "You fucking cunt why would you do that?" I ask as she laughs. "You wouldn't answer me, I called your name three times." She says and I grip my stomach. "I feel like I'm gonna throw up. And I only heard you say it once." I say and she shrugs. "Did I hurt you really badly?" She asks. "Let me put it this way, if you weren't pregnant, you would've regretted that." I say. "Fair enough, let's go it's bedtime." She says and I look to see everyone was stood up already. I roll onto my knees, still trying to catch my breath. She took the breath right out of my lungs.

"Are you okay?" Patrick asks and I slowly nod. "Knees and stomachs don't mix well." I say. "I could've dumped water on you." She says. "I wasn't sleeping I was staring at the sky, being quiet and calm for once and your wild self decided to not only ruin my peace but bruise me this is abuse I'm calling the police right now." I joke. "Oh no, I am scared. Shaking in my boots. I am now a criminal. Gosh darn it." Melody says, and helps me to my feet. "Bully." I say as we start walking and she smirks and then shoves me, causing me to trip and fall on the ground. "What the hell c'mon." I groan, while laughing rolling onto my back.

"Girls please, it's late." Dallon says. "Sorry Dally." Melody says and I playfully glare at her. "I can't fight back, you have a tiny human inside you this isn't fair." I whine and she holds out her hand to me. "Don't trust you, you brat." I mumble. "Girls c'mon." Dallon calls to us from across the street. I get up and we go to cross the street, but our dumbasses didn't look before crossing. I heard someone yell, and then I saw the headlights and screamed, quickly shoving Melody out of the way and braced myself for the impact. It never came.

The sound of screeching tires was heard and I look to see they stopped, just an inch or two in front of me. My heart was beating wildly in my chest, and tears blurred my vision. Oh my god. Twice, that would've been twice. I'm so stupid, god damnit. I pres my hands on the car, and try to catch my breath. Holy fuck. "Oh my god are you okay?" A girl asks getting out of her car, and Dallon and Brendon ran over immediately. Melody just stood there, shock clear on her face.

"Why didn't you move?" She asks and I shrug while shaking. "I..I in that moment all I thought about is you and your baby so I shoved you, I didn't think of moving until it was too late." I say, tears now running down my face and she still just stared at me shock. I was crying mostly out of fear. "I'm so sorry, I didn't see you guys." The girl says and I shake my head. "H-hey no it's my fault we didn't look, you're fine. Thank you, oh god thank you for stopping." I say and she nods, also clearly shaken up. "Hey, hey Lilah, angel it's okay, hey don't cry. Hey look at me." I hear Brendon say and I wipe at my face, and look at him. "Just scared me, death out of my control scares me." I say and I feel arms wrap from behind me and I knew it was Melody.

"You should have worried about yourself." Melody says softly. "Two lives over one seems more reasonable than one surviving and two dying." I say and she presses a kiss to my shoulder before dropping her hands. "Twice, that would have been twice. You need to be more careful Lilah." Dallon say softly and I nod, walking out of the road so the girl can continue driving. "I know I know I was just all buzzed and happy and in such a good mood." I mumble. I never think until it's too late. I was shaking so bad and I felt stupid. "I'm so dumb I could've gotten you killed." I say and Melody rubs my back. "I didn't look either, shh. It's both of our faults, we should've looked. We're okay that's all that matters." She says and I shake my head.