Chapter 19

(Delilahs POV)

It was 6 days later and people were over again, not sure who. Brendon said something about them catching up with people, I don't know. Dallon did say they often had people over so it's understandable. I was in my room, drawing. It's something I've grown to love again, as I had nothing else better to do. I couldn't watch videos or text Melody. I know I wouldn't draw as much once I got my phone back though. I know Melody will be over soon. She comes over everyday, she basically lives here. Though I do wanna go over her house sometime, but I have to wait till I'm ungrounded. 

I head downstairs to see that Patrick and Pete were there. Andy and Joe weren't. I'm guessing they were busy? I dunno. "What's up Lilah?" Dallon asks. "Bored." I say with a monotone voice as I sat down. "You don't smile a whole lot do you?" Pete asks and I look up, confused. I didn't did I? "Why should I? I have no reason to half of the time." I state. "Tragic." I hear someone say as the door closes and I look over to see Melody. She doesn't even bother knocking anymore, again she basically lives here. "You shut up you punk." I say and she shrugs. "He's right, smile more. Lifes too short to just be all sulky and depressing. Lighten up." She says.

I wanted to roll my eyes, and almost did. I can't help but be who I am. It's hard to be happy sometimes and she knows that. "Eh." I say, and turn back to sit correctly on the couch. "There's a lot to smile about just look around." Patrick says. "K." I say. "You can't K people in real life, Delilah. That's not how it works." Melody jokes. "Well I don't remember asking for your opinion but ya know." I say. "You're such a bully, I can't even, bye hoe." She says, while turning her head and shoving her hand in my face.

"Mary is that a police? I'm calling the weed." I say and Melody smiles and puts her hand down. "420, whatcha smokin?" She says and I laugh. "Goals, honestly." Brendon says and I chuckle awkwardly. Everybody keeps shipping us even harder since I kissed her. I'm just not ready for a relationship though. I don't think I want one to be honest. I'd hurt her, I'm incapable of love. "That's gay- oh wait." Melody says and we all laugh. Melody looks at her phone and her face displays a looks of disgust. "My school just emailed me my schedule, guess who wants to die." She says and I look at her. "Want to drop out with me?" I say. "You will not drop out." Dallon says.

"Yes I can." I say. "And you'll never get a good paying job." He says and I raise an eyebrow at him. "I can always become a stripper." I say causing everyone to laugh and he chuckles and shakes his head. "Delilah, I'll ground you if you ever say that again." Melody says. "Wowie, I didn't know raccoons speak." I say and she glares at me and I smile at her. "Oo, I drew something and I really wanted to show you, I'm actually proud. C'mon." I say getting off the couch and Melody follows me upstairs.

I show her the drawing, it was of Brendon, Dallon, her and I. "Since you're basically family to us." I say and she smiles. "It's amazing." She says and I smile. She takes it out of my hand and looks at It. "Hang it on your wall?" She asks and I nod. "Once I get a picture frame I definitely am." I state and she nods slowly. She seemed really off, like nervous or something. "Can we talk?" She asks and I nod. Oh no.

"I don't know how to say this but, will you be my girlfriend?" She asks. "Mel, I'm not ready for a relationship..I-" she didn't let me finish as she hurriedly stood up. "Are you serious?!" She says and I sigh, feeling defeated. Great. Now I'm the bad guy. She runs out of my room and I stand up. "Mel, wait!" I say running after her. She stops at the door, and turns to me. I step off the last step. "I'm sorry." I say and she walks over to me, and slaps me across the face; hard. My head swings to the side, and my hand flies to my face. Ow. I slowly turn my head to look at her, shocked. "Right, I deserved that. Please let me explain." I say rubbing my face. "Why?! So you could make up some lame excuse?! You either like me or you don't." She says. I really didn't wanna talk about this while my dads' and their friends were literally watching.

"Can we go upstairs and talk?" I ask and she turns again, and goes to open the door. "I do. I'm just not in the right place to be in a relationship. We're young still. There's no need to rush anything. Can this not happen in front of everyone?" I say and she looks over at me. "I'm sorry if it felt like I was leading you on, that wasn't my intention at all." I say again, rubbing my face a bit more before putting my hand down. "I'm sorry, I know you'd never do that. I'm being overdramatic, things have been crazy lately, and I'm just scared and I don't..." She says. "You know that's my job, to be overdramatic." I say and she chuckles. I decide that since I pranked them yesterday, I wanted to prank her. I let the smile drop from my face and look her in the eyes with an expressionless face.

"I'm gonna kill you." I say, my voice monotone almost, a serious look on my face. She laughs nervously and looks around at everyone. "Haha same.." She says and I step closer to her. "I'm gonna murder you, and I'm gonna hide your body. No one will know. It'll be our little secret." I say, and she backs away from me, Turning to look at all the boys on the couch. They knew what I was doing. I go to say something else but I can't help the smile that makes it way onto my cheeks. "I'm sorry, I ca-can't." I say while laughing. "Y-your face! You look like you're bout to pee yourself." I say and she frowns.

"You psychopath!" She says with a smile, and playfully slaps me. "I like scaring people, especially you!" I say in defense. "Delilah should I be concerned with the fact you keep threatening to kill her?" Brendon says.  I pretend to be in deep thought and than shrug. "Yeah, sure." I say jokingly. "It's funny because you literally faint anytime you see someone else's blood, so I can only imagine you stabbing someone." She says. "I mean you're not wrong." I state.

"You'd stab them and then apologize, and faint." She says while laughing. "If you're gonna stab someone, don't get blood on the carpet please." Dallon says while walking in. "Iconic." Melody says. "Are you gonna start choking on air again?" I state and she glares at me. "No you little-" She says while playfully slapping me. "Oh right, Brendon keep your shirt on please. Melody might die." I say while laughing and she shoves me, causing me to fall. "Hmpft." She says. "Wait is that why she like died when we first met her?" Brendon says. "She's by so it's okay." I say. Why'd I say that? No idea. But it made everyone laugh, and that made me feel good so it's alright I guess. "You're a soggy carrot so shut up." She says.

"Nuh uh! You're a limp lettuce!" I say. "No, that's Patrick." Pete says, only to once again, get slapped in the arm. "My Dad just told me to come home." Melody says, while looking at her phone. "I never met your mom or dad." I state while standing up. "You'd like them. Wait holy shizzles, they're huge fans of Brendon, and fell out guys." She says and I snicker. "I feel like that I should be offended but I'm not. 'Trick, we need to rename the band." Pete says and Patrick chuckles. "So are you." I say and she flicked me in my forehead. "Don't worry, I'm a fan too." Dallon says.

"Aww that's adorable." Melody says. "You think everything's adorable." I state and she nods. "Tell your Dad that Brendon wants to give him milk and stale forehead memes." I state and cringe visibly at my own statement. "That needs to die already." Brendon states. "Just like me." I say while laughing. "nO." Melody says. "Call him." I say and she gives me a weird look. "You said he's a fan right? Brendon you don't mind meeting him right?" I ask. "I'm totally down." He says and I look at her. She nods and takes out her phone tapping in a few things before handing it to me.

"Hello?" I hear a man say. "Yes hi, my name is Delilah, I'm Melodys best friend. I need to ask you something so if you could come to *address name* it'd be very much appreciated thank you." I say. "Okay.. I'll be there in 5 minutes?" Her Dad says. This should be fun.

Authors Note

I feel like a lot of people don't like who I put Melodys parents as but it's whatever, they won't be in the story that much.

So sorry I hadn't updated, I've been busy, and unmotivated and all in all very depressed so I kinda forgot. I'm stressed about school, and it's all just bleh

But I finally got one out !!

I hope you enjoyed, and I hope you're having a lovely day/night :)

Thanks for reading ♡♡

-E💕