Chapter 2

(Delilah's POV)

Present time

I was sat on my bed, my journal in front of my as I attacked the pages with dark ink. My thoughts spilling onto the page.

I'm sick of living. She never came back. Why do I still care. Why did my Dad have to be such an asshole? Why couldn't I have had a normal family?! Whys my life so fucked up? What'd I do to deserve this?! I should've made my fucking bed! This is my fault. I have no one to blame except for me. Jesus it's been 4 fucking years and here I am still writing about this bullshit. I just fucking hate my Dad. So much. Though there was something that he was right about. I'm worthless and a fuck up.

I slam the book shut and shove it under my bed with anger, wiping away the tears on my face. I stand up and change into some skinny jeans and a long sleeve shirt. Miss. Hall was nice, she gave me money anytime I cooked for everyone or cleaned. Despite being only 14, I'm considered one of the older kids. Most people my age have been adopted. Most of the kids here are younger. Other than Gina, whom is 16 but she never leaves her room and she hates me. There's I'm pretty sure five 13 years old here too, but again I never see them.

Maybe I'm living in the past, maybe they've been adopted? I dunno, I, myself barely leave my room unless Miss. Hall asks me to. I leave my room and head downstairs to her office. I knock once and hear her say a "come in!" I'm which I pushed open the door. "Oh hey Lilah. What's up?" She asks. "May I bake some cookies for everyone?" I ask and she smiles at that. "Of course, do you need money for any of the ingredients?" She asks and I nod. "Only 4 dollars for some chocolate chips." I say and she nods and hands me four one dollar bills and I thank her as I close the door behind me.

I go upstairs and slip on a pair of shoes. There was a store down the street. She said she trusted me enough to leave. I decided that I wasn't actually going to the store. This was a perfect opportunity. I leave and step outside, a cold breeze was blowing and I shiver a bit. It didn't matter. I walk past the store and onto the bridge. It wasn't used much so I didn't have to worry about someone stopping me. It was perfect.

Though I much rather do it at night time, but she would never let me leave when it's dark out. I've tried before believe me. I get to the middle and step up, gripping the edge tightly. One motion is all it would take for me to jump over and die. I smile and look down at the water. I wonder how cold it'd be? I know how it's like to be underwater for a long time, thanks Dad. It's not that bad. I mean it hurts like hell but that would be over and then I'd be dead. I wonder if there actually is an afterlife? Hmm.
I wonder how deep it actually is. Deep enough to drown thats for sure.

"Hey what're you doing?!" I hear someone say and I jump at the noise and turn to see a car. The window was rolled down and a man was inside. "Looking at the water." I lie. I now noticed there was also another guy in the driver's seat. They both looked worried. "Get down from there it's dangerous." The guy says again. He kinda looked familiar. Like I've seen him before. Wasn't anytime soon. Maybe when I was still with my parents I seen him. "I know. I don't really care to be honest." I say. "Seriously, what are you doing up there?" He asks.

"Counting the water." I say and turn back around. Maybe if I keep avoiding the question, they'll get annoyed and drive off. I'm doing this and I'm not letting anyone ruin it for me. I wipe away a tear that fell down my face and suddenly a car door opens and I turn to see it's the guy in the passenger seat. The one who has been talking to me this whole time. "I'm Brendon, what's your name?" He asks and fuck that name was so familiar. I remember my Mom saying that name before.

I don't know where though. Maybe he used to be friends with her? No.. he's seems young. Late 20s I'm guessing. Hmm. "Delilah." I say, not releasing  my tight grip from the bridge. My hands were hurting a bit from it. "Delilah, please get down. It's not worth it. There's so much good in life, so much to experience." He says and I look down at my feet. "Killing yourself won't help with anything. So stop "Counting the water" and get down here." He says. Worry was dripping from the words. He actually genuinely sounded concerned.

"If you think no one would care if you jumped. You're wrong. I would. Your friends and family would." He says and I shake my head and chuckle. "That's cute. My family caring? Ha. Friends? Where. You? You don't know me, me leaving has no effect on your life." I say and turn around again. "Please don't jump.." I hear another voice say. That other guy, whom I haven't learned his name. Never will I guess. I'm gonna do it. No matter what. Whether he's here or not. No one will stop me. I pull myself up, only for someone to wrap their arms around me and pull me backwards. "Let me go!" I scream but they don't.

I could see Brendon standing in the same place. So it's the other guy. "No I'm not letting you jump." The guy says calmly. "I want to!  Put me down!" I say struggling. "Sorry, but you really don't have a choice. I'm not putting you down until I know you're okay." He says. "I never will be okay! I never was!" I screech and he simply sighs and sits down, but doesn't let me go. Brendon walks over and kneels in front of me. "Why?" He asks and I give him a funny look. "What?" I ask, and I wipe my cheeks with my sleeve. I didn't realize I was crying. "Why do you wanna jump?" He asks calmly.

"My life sucks. I'm sick of being alive. Living for nothing." I state. "I know you might think that life's gonna be like this forever but it won't. Things will get better as long as you allow them too. Killing yourself isn't the answer." He says and I just nod. "Where do you live? Dal and I will take you home." He says.

"I'm just gonna go to the store down the street. That's where Miss. Hall thinks I'm at." I say softly and Brendon looks confused. "Wait did you say Miss. Hall?" He asks and I slowly nod. He smiles and stands up. The guy let's go of me and I stand up. I start walking and I realize that they didn't get back in their car. Simply they locked it up and started walking with me. "Someone's gonna steal your car." I say. "It should be fine." The guy, Dal? Said. "I'm perfectly capable of walking myself." I state wiping at my eyes. I hate crying in front of people.

"Plus I don't know you guys." I say again. "So just leave me alone." I say. "So you can try to jump again? No way. We're walking with you until we know you're safe." Brendon says. "Why can't one of you just walk with me? Seriously someone's gonna steal your car." I state glaring back at the abandoned car. "Well if you go to step on the edge I'd also have to step up to get you down which would be a lot of work, while Dallon is taller and could simply pull you off. And Dallon gets awkward sometimes, so here I am." Brendon says and the guy, which I now learned has a name, simply shrugs.

Holy shit wait he is tall as heck. Or maybe I'm just really short. Hm. Once we get to the end of the bridge they state "they trust me enough to walk to the store." And even though I was pissed at them for ruining my plan, I couldn't help but miss them. They were interesting. Funny. They saved my life, even if I didn't appreciate it now, maybe in the future I would.

Authors Note

Okay so this happened.

Btw I have the 23 chapter of this written already so updates should be consistent.

Who knows with me though lmao

I feel like I have to say this so I don't get attacked: Brendon and Dallon won't be exactly how they are in real life, facts wise, if that makes sense. So don't attack me because it's F A N F I C T I O N and things might not be 110% correct

Thank you for reading

Stay hydrated, Stay Strong, And Keep Smiling 💞

-E