Chapter 38

(Delilahs POV)

You'd be surprised how much I started to learn about myself from me simply not being on my phone all the time. I realized that sometimes I'll talk to myself in a low whisper without realizing it, and now I can work on my social skills. My phone kinda held me back from that, because if I was too nervous to say something to someone, I would text them instead. Or maybe I'm going crazy, most likely yeah. Also hanging out with my uncle's was nice too. Anytime they came over the house I didn't really get to know them that well. But being on a bus for them for hours, I did get to learn a bit about them. I noticed Melody kept putting her hand over her tummy, and rubbing slightly, and it made me a bit happier that she wasn't so distressed about it. I don't like when she stresses out.

"How bad do you think it'd hurt?" Melody asks, looking up at me. "What?" I ask and she looks down at her belly. "Ooh." I say and she nods. "Well, not to worry you but, they do say that child birth is one of the most painful things." I say and she softly nods. "Being a female must suck." Joe says and I shrug. I suppose so yeah. "I heard that getting a c-section hurts less, it's easier. Because you don't feel it while it's happening, just the aftermath kinda really sucks. You'd have to stay in the hospital longer." I say. "Why? That's dumb." She mumbles and I smile softly. "Its a major surgery, love. They'd have to cut you open." I state. "How do you know so much? S weird." She says and I chuckle and roll my eyes.

"I've been doing research. Just in case you decided to keep it. So you knew you had options." I say. "What if I want to keep it?" She asks looking at me. "Then that's your decision." I say. "I don't wanna kill them. I just, I might give them up for adoption you know? Give them a chance at having a great life. I can't raise a child, I'm still basically a child." She says and I giggle. "15 would be considered almost a young adult but yeah, I see where you're coming from." I say and she looks at me. "Thank you for like not like murdering me yet." She says and I give her a confused look.

"Yeah like when you kept threatening to kill her." Andy chuckles and I laugh. "I'll never live that down will I?" I ask. "I'm afraid not, Lil." Pete says and I shrug, cringing a bit. That was weird of me to do. "No not that like I've been so moody. So mean. I'm so emotional and I never listen to you. Yet instead of freaking out on me, you're patient with me and, I don't know how you do it honestly." She says. "Well, I know that you're going through a lot right now. Mentally, emotionally and physically. I have no idea what it's like to be in your position right now, and I've been trying to be mindful of that." I say and she smiles. "Yeah.." She says softly.

"See you guys are the only teenage relationship I can see lasting, may be not forever but lasting nonetheless." Pete says. "Or maybe not." Joe says and Andy shoves him. "Hey whatever happens, happens right? I mean, no matter what she'll always be my best friend. That's a guarantee. All that matters is she's always gonna be in my life, girlfriend or not." I say. "Not if you murder me." She jokes and I laugh. "I just might have to." I joke back. "Goals honestly." Pete says and I look at him, and then at Patrick and I couldn't help but smile. "Yeah goals." I say and Patrick looks at Pete, who looks at me. "No seriously." Pete says and I give him a confused look. "What do you know?" He asks and I chuckle. "Know what? How to murder someone?" I ask. Yeah, I get it I'm playing dumb but I don't think I was supposed to know. I mean for all I know nothing could be going on but I dunno.

"I bet you do know how to murder someone." Melody says. "Well yeah there's many ways. Poison, torture, weapons, stab them with a carrot, there's probably atleast a million different ways to kill someone if you think about it." I say and she chuckles. "You're playing dumb and I can see right through it." Pete says and I turn to look at him. "Uh oh." Andy says. "I know nothing." I say and he raises an eyebrow. "Okay the only thing I know is that you guys look at eachother the way my dads' look at eachother. Big gay energy." I say and Melody snorts and then suddenly she sits up. "It all makes sense now." She says. "Woah woah woah hold on, no." Pete says and I giggle. "It's not a bad thing." I state. "Its nothing like that." Patrick says and I smile. "I used to say that too but here I am." I say and his face goes red and he looks at Pete as if to say 'help me out here' which made it 10x cuter. They're so gay for eachother it's adorable. Instead of having one gay uncle, I have two. Beautiful if you ask me.