Chapter 18

(Delilah's POV)

I open the door and Joe yells "Run or you're gonna get stabbed." And she slowly walks in. "Huh?" She says and I roll my eyes. "I make one joke and suddenly I'm a murderer." I joke. "I suck one dick and suddenly I'm gay." I hear Pete say, and hurriedly turn around, and everyone bursts out laughing and I chuckle. I turn back around to face Melody. "So Dallon told me I had no choice but to come here so why am I here?" She says and when she realized Fall Out Boy were also here her eyes go wide. "What the frick, why do you know so many famous people?" She says while turning to me. "Uh I got adopted by two dorks who happen to be famous not my fault." I say. "Also I'm uh, really sorry, about yesterday." She says and I smile softly. I chickened out. I was gonna kiss her to make up for everything but I couldn't. I'm too scared.

"I was being an overdramatic twat, don't be sorry. It wasn't that serious." I say. "You better tell her or else." I hear Brendon say. "What?" She asks. "That I threatened to stab her?" I ask and she looks at me with wide eyes. "It was a joke!" I say defensively. "No, what you told me yesterday." He says. "I will someday." I state and she laughs awkwardly. "When's the wedding?" Andy asks. "Tomorrow 5PM, be there." I say and automatically regret it,  if looks could kill, Melodys would've had me dead in a second. "I'm messing with your feelings, Huh? But yet here you are.." She says and once again the room goes quiet. "Oh my god, It was a joke. Why're you acting like this?" I say, confused on why she's getting so defensive. I didn't get it.

"You really are so clueless aren't you? Your skull is just that thick huh?" She asks and I clench my jaw. "Wow.." I say stepping away from her. "No, you know I'm right, you prick." She says. "Okay fair enough. You're causing a scene for no reason though, so bye." I say and as I turn, my eyes meet Dallon's. "Thanks for inviting her over." I say, and he sighed and looked down. I walk towards the door, and pull it open. "Delilah, don't you dare. I'll chase you down the street again so help me." Brendon says. "Don't worry, I'm not gonna jump off a bridge." I say harshly. I was mad, not at them, but myself. I knew that she said was right. "I don't care what you're doing. There's a lot going on and you're not gonna run away from your problems. And you're not aloud to leave the house so get your ass back in here." He says, annoyance clear in his voice.

It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. I could see Melody crying, and I wanted to kiss her. I wanted to hug her and kiss her all over and tell her I didn't mean it. "I'm sorry. This was supposed to be a good day, and I ruined it." I say, pressing my back to the door. "I've been problematic lately and you guys shouldn't have to deal with it. None of you. This isn't fair to all of you, and I'm truly sorry." I say again. "I'm sorry I got mad, I know you were only kidding it just hurt.." Melody mumbles. "You wanna know why I went along with it?" I ask and she looks up. Everyone watched as I walked over to her. "Because ever since you walked through that door, I've been wanting to do this." I say. It's now or never. I press my lips to hers, and I hear someone say "Yes! finally!" And we pull apart.

She looked at me with such confusion and then she smiled a bit. After that the rest of the day was chill. We sat around and talked and it was kinda fun. Then everyone had to leave, which kinda made me sad. It's nice to be surrounded by so many nice people at once. I sit on the couch, and I notice that Dallon looked upset. His eyes were sad and his face wore a frown. Then I realized it's probably because I blamed him for Melody and I's fight. I stand up and pull him into a hug, and he jumps in surprise, but hugs me back. "I'm sorry, Dal. It wasn't your fault. I know you were only trying to help. I wasn't mad at you, I was mad at myself and it caused me to freak out. Don't feel bad, please.." I say. He didn't say anything, only simply hugging me a bit tighter before releasing the hug. "I know you didn't mean it. I'm gonna head upstairs." He says and I nod.

A few minutes later, Brendon walks in, a beer in hand. "Hey kiddo what's up?" He asks. He didn't sound drunk at all, not even tipsy. What if he too gets violent? What if he turns out to be just like Richard? Tears blur my vision, and Brendon looks at me confused. I hurry up off the couch and run upstairs. I hear Dallon singing, and then the sound of a piano being played followed. I knock on the door and it stops. "Come in." He says and I step inside. The tears had now spilt down my face. "What's wrong, Lilah?!" He asks turning to face me and I shut the door behind me, walking over to him. "Brendon doesn't get violent when he drinks alcohol does he?" I ask and he shakes his head, confusion clear on his face. "No.. why?" He asks. "I'm just scared.." I say. "He doesn't I promise, I wouldn't be with him if he was like that when drinking. He drinks everyday almost, and as you can see, he doesn't act out and when he does actually get drunk, he's really funny. It takes a lot to get that man drunk." Dallon says.

"Okay, okay.." I say trying to calm myself down. Dallon and I talked for a bit, and he even played me a song. He was really talented too, I never hear him play as much despite being in a band. I eventually grew tired though and Dallon suggested I go to bed. I took him up on that offer and stood up, sleepiness consuming me. "Night Dad, love you." I say. "I love you too, Lilah. Sleep well." He says. I close the door behind me and head downstairs. I didn't see Brendon and assume he's in his studio. I check and surely enough he was. Looked like he just got done doing a live video as his phone was propped up and the screen "Your live video has ended" was still up. He noticed me and turns around in his chair. "Hey Lilah, are you okay now?" He asks. He still sounded sober, completely. I'm guessing he has a high tolerance to alcohol. "Yeah, I'm sorry.. I know you wouldn't hurt me." I say and he furrows his eyebrows together. "What?" He asks, confusion and hurt flashing through his eyes.

"No, no, I saw you were drinking and I guess it scared me a bit? But I know you wouldn't hurt me, I trust you." I say and he nods, looking less confused. "I came to tell you goodnight." I say and he smiles, and opens his arms, in which I accept the hug. "Goodnight, Lilah. I love you." He says. "I love you too, Dad. Night." I say and he gasps. Oh right, I don't think I've ever directly called him Dad before. "You guys are my real Dads' biological or not. Always will be. I'm glad you guys are my Dads'" I say. "Shut up, Lilah or I'll gonna cry." He says, sounding chocked up. "Gosh you and Dallon are the same. It's okay to cry. No one will judge you, Dad." I say.

"Thank you.. it means the world knowing that you care for us as much as we care for you. You'll always be our real daughter too." He says. I could tell he was crying now. Mostly because he wouldn't let me pull away from the hug. I accepted that because I too, didn't like people to see me crying. Plus he gives really good hugs, so I didn't mind.

Authors Note

Brendon wasn't taking any of that nonsense he was like "NUH UH GIRLFRIEND GET BACK HERE"

I'm so sorry I'm tired ^
(I'm not sorry)

It's 3am currently, I'm eating salt water taffy and questioning my existance hbu

It's wednesday, all week sits supposed to rain, it was on Monday and Tuesday. Today we're getting thunderstorms and it's really affecting my mood

I love rain, not thunderstorms loud noises are yikes

So how are you doing? Anything interesting going on?

RANT TO ME IN THE COMMENTS, I'LL REPLY (if you don't want me to tell me not to lmao I understand)

I want this to be a safe place for everyone. I want everyone to feel welcome. So if anything is going on and you need to rant but can't, in any chapter you're welcome to.

Saying that, I hope your day/ night is as lovely as ever and I thank you for reading ♡♡

-E💕