Chapter 17

(Delilah's POV)

She quickly jerks away and I hurriedly swim to the surface, gasping for air. Melody stares at me, and I look at her. "Why would you do that?!" I ask. "Which one?" She asks. "I don't even care that you pulled me under water, but why would you.." I was confused. I was sad, mad, hurt, but mostly confused. I didn't mind it you know. That scared me. "I didn't mean to." She says. Everyone was staring at us but I didn't care. She was fucking with my feelings. She had to know I was questioning myself with all the gay shit I say. I could feel tears streaming down my face. "I'm confused as it is, why would you do that." I say and she looks down.

"I'm straight, Melody. I don't like you like that. I'm sorry." I say, getting out of the pool. "Then why the hell did you say you were attracted to me then?" She says and I stop walking. "I never said I was." I state, confused. Did I? "I have the messages." She states, she was clearly angry. "Well, I obviously wasn't thinking right, because that's incorrect. I could never, ever love you, not in that way." I state. I didn't mean that, but I needed her to hate me so she lost feelings for me. She can't like me. I need us to jus t stay friends.

"Fuck you too." I hear her say and I simply continue to walk towards the house, tears falling rapidly down my face. "Delilah!" I hear Dallon say and I keep walking till I'm in the house. He followed me though, and stopped me by grabbing my arm. "What do you want, Dallon?" I ask. "What was that about?" He asks. "She kissed me.." I say. "Why'd you act like that? She was confused. You didn't have to be so mean." He says. "Don't you understand?" I say and he shakes his head. "I liked it.. I liked when she kissed me. And that scares me." I state and his face softens. "Then tell her that." He says and I sigh.

"She hates me now, I know it. She hates me because I'm an idiot. I think stupidly and do stupid things, like how is it logically to push her away when she likes me and I like her back. I'm an idiot." I say. I look outside and she has herself pulled up slightly on the she of the pool, her head in her arms. She was crying. Everyone was comforting her. She was hurt, because of me. I hurt my best friend, and potential crush. "Go talk to her." Dallon says and I sigh. "I can't, I'm sorry.." I say and turn and run upstairs.

I changed and after a half hour I got bored of doing nothing and decided to go back downstairs. Everyone was inside, except Melody. I could only assume she went home, but from the view I had of the backyard, I could see her sitting in the edge of the pool. Brendon is the first person to notice me and he stands up. He was clearly angry. I take a step back, and he stops. "We need to talk, right now." He says. "Why?" I ask and he shakes his head. He opens the front door gesturing for me to walk out. I look at Dallon who shakes his head. "Go outside with him, Delilah." Dallon states and I slowly walk out.

"What the fuck is going on?" He says. "I'm confused. Hell, everyone has to know that. All I do is say gay shit. She had to know." I say. "She had hope that you liked her back. She showed us what you said. You don't just tell someone you're attracted to them and than take that back. That's fucking with her feelings, she's really hurt you know." He says. "I'm scared okay?!" I say loudly. "Why?" He asks. "I liked it. I've always questioned myself and when she kissed me, it made me realize that I'm not who I thought I was. I don't have control and I don't like that." I say. I can't believe I just admitted that. He was quiet for a while, he didn't seem to know what to say. "I'll be inside." I say as I walk in.

"I'm inviting her over tomorrow, we're having a small get together with some friends and I want you to apologize!" He calls after me and I sigh as I walk into the kitchen. I could see Melody from in here. She was looking down at her lap, tear stained cheeks, hair blowing in the wind. Her feet were kicking softly at the water. She was gorgeous, I could admit that. She was attractive as hell. At that moment I knew how I'd make it up to her. I knew how I was gonna fix all of this.

!

It was the next day, and Dallon told me that Tyler and Josh were coming back over, along with another band called Fall Out Boy. I knew who they were, actually. Melody was hella obsessed when I first came to the orphanage and I actually know who is who and a few songs. So that'll save some awkwardness. Dallon also confirmed that Melody is coming back over so we could talk. "Lilah, everyone's here, come downstairs." Brendon yells up the stairs and I head downstairs. Surely enough, everyone was. It was quite loud, with everyone talking. Dallon gestures for me to come over to him and I do.

"Mel said she's on her way now." He says and I nod sitting on the arm of the couch. "What's your plan anyways? Like how're you gonna fix this?" He asks. "I would like to know too." Brendon says leaning over Tyler. "I'm gonna stab her and hide the body in your studio. " I say looking him in the face. I said it with a straight face and blank tone and everyone stopped talking. "What the fuck?" I hear someone say and I laugh. "I'm just kidding, but you'll see." I say and Brendon nervously laughs. "Should I be concerned?" He asks and I shake my head. "Don't do anything you'll regret." He says and I laugh loudly and lean back.

"Oh, don't worry, I may regret it,  but life's about taking chances yeah?" I say and he raises an eyebrow at me. "I'm confused." Patrick says. "All I heard is about someone stabbing someone and I'm down." Pete says, earning a playful slap from Patrick. "Sorry, sorry." Pete says sinking down in his seat. I chuckle and suddenly a soft knock is heard and I stand up, a small smirk dancing on my lips. I was gonna fix this.

Authors Note

I feel like there's way too much drama in this book. Eh I hope you don't mind, friends djjejdjd

Also it gets slightly less cringy past chapter 25 or so, Which is a long wait and I'm sorry

I'm all better by the way! I feel great now :)

Also my brother is getting married on Saturday, and I'm gonna blast Say Amen (Saturday Night) by Panic! And Saturday by fob and he better appreciate it.

^he doesn't like either bands so imma just crash his wedding oops

Thanks for reading♡♡

-E💕

(IF THERE'S ANY SPELLING MISTAKES I'M SORRY)