Chapter 25

(Delilahs POV)

"What..?" I say, shocked. "I just.. mentally I don't think a relationship is good for you. Only a break though, not breaking up." She says and I groan. "That's not fair.." I mumble tears burning at my eyes. "You'll thank me later." She says softly. "No! This isn't what I want!" I say loudly causing the tears to fall down my face. "It'll only be for a little." She says. "That's what you say and than you'll move on! It's only been a few days, and you already can't stand me!" I say and she sighs. "I should go. Text me when you're calm." She says walking out, but I catch up to her, and grab her wrist. "I'm calm now." I say. "No you're not." She says while sighing.

"I just don't understand." I say and she removes my hand from off her wrist. "You will. When you're better." She says and I shake my head. "This won't help, it's only gonna make it worse.. please.." I say and she shakes her head. "Delilah, no." She says and suddenly I became angry? Upset? I was feeling every negative emotion. "Fine fuck you then." I say, the tears not close to stopping. "I care for you Delilah. You know I do." She says and I shake my head and step back. "You're just like my father." I say. I didn't mean that, I knew she was nothing like him. I was just grasping at everything to try and hurt her feelings.

"Lilah.. don't say that.." She says and I shake my head. "You are! You're just like him!" I say. "No I'm not! I don't hit you! I don't call you names! I'm doing this to help you. Relationships shouldn't matter. Like you said, we're still young." She says and I shake my head. "I don't like you anyways." I mumble and her face drops. "That's how you feel?" She asks. "I don't even like girls. I'm straight." I say and she shakes her head. "Delilah stop it." I hear Dallon say but I ignore him.

"Stop trying to push me away." She says and I shake my head. "Just leave." I say. "Mel, wait till the rain stops, you'll get sick. Delilah, stop it. Grow up." Brendon says. I forgot there were other people here. "You'll thank me for this later." She says, and I sniffle. "I'm sorry." I mumble my whole mood shifting again and she sighs. "Text me when you're done being straight." She says. "I was just mad.." I mumble sitting on the last step.

I start to hum that song I heard Dallon singing causing both Brendon and Dallon to look at me. "What?" I ask softly. "Where'd you hear that.." Dallon asks. "You." I reply and his eyes widen. "The snow starts to fall, just like you would if you ended it all." I sing softly. "Oh no." Brendon says. "Its quite sad honestly. Made me cry. Maybe because it hits too close to my heart or because you were obviously emotional while singing it I dunno." I say. "I wrote that song for you.. I.. I was gonna perform it in December when we went on tour." He says.

"Oh.." I say. "Hence why it's a Christmas song.." He says. "I'm sorry.. You were crying so I didn't bother you but you sing nicely so I wanted to listen, I don't think I heard the whole thing if that makes you feel better." I say. "You were crying?" Brendon says and Dallon shrugs. "Its okay to cry. Its a good way to let your emotions out instead of bottling them up." I state. "Which is why I cry a lot. So I don't hold my sadness in, even if it never leaves, crying can be good." I say and Melody sighs and walks over to me and kneels down.

"Let's talk yeah?" She asks and I shrug. "If you let me drown you in the pool." I say and she chuckles. "Still concerned about how much you threaten to kill her." Brendon says and I chuckle a bit, though it was forced. "Let's talk outside." She says. "Is that a good idea?" I say and she nods. I sigh and stand up, following her outside. It was still raining, but it seemed too not be as harsh as it was. Still pouring though. "I'm doing this because I feel it's best for you. This kills me. I love you, Delilah. I just want you to be happy." She says and when I don't say anything, she steps off the porch, and starts to walk home.

"Melody, wait!" I say, running after her, and I grab her wrist. I didn't care that I was once again soaked. "You are what makes me happy. Losing you will only make things worse. We're in this, together? Please don't do this, we can get through this." I say and she seems to be in thought. "I'm trying. I am. I just, I can't lose you." I say and sniffle. She grabs my face and kisses me, and I kiss back. This was so cheesy it made me sick, in a good way. A typical 'kiss in the rain' moment. Melody and I are the human embodiments of a gay romantic comedy film.