Chapter 28

(Delilahs POV)

It was 12AM, and although for many, the night was dead, and the fireworks had stopped. Not for us. In fact, it was as if the night had just began for us. We had a fire going, and the adults had alcoholic beverages, and we all were having a good time. Jay sneezed loudly and I turn to look at him. "Uh uh uh you bless." I say and we both laugh. "I don't think thats correct." Andy says and I shake my head. "Chachow." Jay says. "Bless you." I say and he nods.

"Thank you." He chuckles. After that it was silent.Not awkward, but a nice silence. Everyone just stared at the fire, sipping their beverages. I felt content. Jay looks at his phone, and his face shows complete horror, as he jumps to his feet. "Oh my, I gotta get home." He says. "Huh?" Melody asks. "My mom.. she called like 12 times and has been telling me to get home, I'm screwed." He says while shoving his phone in his pocket.

Melody goes to hug him, but he backs away. "She burned it, I'm not wearing one." He says and I automatically knew what he was talking about and my blood boiled. "Jay cmere." I say, and stand up. He walks over, and I pull him into a tight hug. "I love you no matter what body you have. I know who you truly are. Everyone here knows who you really are. You're so handsome and you deserve to hear that." I say. He needed to hear it. He's so broken. I can tell. "Th-thank you.. so much." He says, slowly wrapping his arms around me. "I know it's hard. Stay strong though Okay? You're always welcome here anytime you need." I say and I hear him sniffle, and pull away to look at him. He was crying.

"That, that means alot. Truly, it does. Thank you." He says and I smile at him. He gives Melody a hug, and tells everyone bye before leaving. I slowly sit back down, in thought. I turn to look at Brendon and Dallon, who were already looking at me. "Tomorrow, could we go shopping?" I ask. "For?" Dallon asks, and I look at Melody and she already knew. "I wanna get Jay new binders." I say, turning to look at them again. "Yes, of course. That's sweet of you." Brendon says and I smile. "I just want everyone to feel accepted. He deserves to feel secure with himself." I say, leaning back, wincing a bit.

I had taken more pain meds, and it dulled the pain a bit, but it was still there. "Delilah?" Melody asks and I look at her. "Why do you do that?" She asks. She didn't seem mad, or any negative emotion. But more amazed. I stare at her, confused. I don't get it. "I didn't do anything?" I ask, and she wraps her arms around my leg. "You're so selfless. And kind, and nice. I don't know how you do it." She says and I smile. "That's not true. I'm not all that great, Mel. He just obviously needs help, and I wanna help. Anyone would." I say. "No, not everyone would, its nice of you, because you don't have to help. You could simply say "hope it gets better!" And send him on his way, but you're going out of your way for him. You're such a sweetheart." She says and I shrug awkwardly, not knowing what to say.

"She's got Dallons class, and my sass." Brendon says and I smile. "She really does actually." Patrick states. "Uh oh.." Melody says and I look up. She was looking at her phone. "Kayla is in trouble.." she says and I raise my eyebrows. "I told her to stop doing that stuff.." She mumbles and that really caught my attention. "Drugs?" I ask and Melody looks up. "Mm, yeah." She says and I lean back. "Like what?" I ask, disappointed. "Well she started off with marijuana, which I didn't care about. But then now she's dabbling with cocaine and stuff, and her dad caught her. She's going to jail. He called the cops on her." She says and I purse my lips. "She's how old?" Brendon asks. "15." Melody says and he makes a face of discomfort. "Yikes." Pete says.

"Is she the one who got you drunk?" Brendon says and I squeeze my eyes shut. "No." I say. I hate when they bring that up. "Have you ever done drugs Mel?" I ask. "Wh-what?" She says looking up at me. My heart sank. "You.." I say and she shakes her head. "No, no the worst I've done is smoked. A cigarette. You know me, I would have told you if I did." She says and I nod. "She did try to get me to do cocaine once. I obviously freaked out. That's why her and I aren't really that close at all. We fight quite a lot." Melody says and I felt angry. Kayla tried to get Melody to get addicted with her? I guess Brendon noticed how mad I was, because he wrapped an arm around my shoulders. "It's okay.." He mumbles and I shake my head. "I'll slap her next time I see her. If I ever see her, I swear." I say.