Chapter 8

(Delilah's POV)

After a while of convincing, she finally came inside with me. We were in the kitchen and as I pour the milk into the bowl her face scrunches up in disgust. "What?" I ask confused. "First off why're you pouring milk before cereal and second don't kneel in the bathtub." She says and I give her a confused look. "Here read something." She says going on her phone. She types something in, and hands it to me. "What's it about?" She asks. "Brendon's in it, it's a really good short story." She says. I start reading and a couple sentences in and it didn't make sense. Brendon and Dallon walk in talking about something and I look up. I'm confusion."Who's Ryan and why's he kneeling in a tub?" I ask Melody and Brendon looks over at us with wide eyes and Dallon puts his head down in the counter and I could hear him softly laughing.

Melody starts laughing and I frown. "No wait I'm confused. What does this have to do with me eating cereal?" I ask her. She takes her phone and scrolls down a bit, the whole time Brendon looked shocked, and disgusted. I don't know why. "Don't make her read that.." I hear Brendon say. She hands it back and I read a few lines again and what the fuck. "Ew what the hell, Mel!" I say turning her phone off, sliding it away from me. "Did you write that?" I ask her and she laughs harder. "N-no, but honestly goals." She says and I stare at her weirdly. "Why. Why does that exist." I say pushing the bowl away from me. "Why milk out of all things." I say again and I could hear Dallon laughing, he was trying to hold it back though, you could tell.

"Did you have her read what I think you did?" Brendon asks Melody. "The Milk Fic? yes." She says and his face displays uncomfortableness, and he looks at me. "I'm so sorry she made you read that, it's really fucking disgusting." He says. "She didn't even get to the worst part, she's fine." Melody says, finally calming down. "What could possibly be worst than having milk poured in your-" but I get cut off. "You don't wanna know. Seriously." Brendon says. "You know, I don't think I wanna be taught about the internet anymore, Mel. First the thing last night, then that. Dude no thanks." I say and she gives me a confused look.

"Last night..?" She asks. "Oh you know "Just fangirl things" ring a bell?" I ask and she glances at Dallon and Brendon, whom were listening to our conversation and her face goes red. "In my defense that's not the worst thing people have said." She says and I playfully glare at her. "I haven't seen you in two years, you're already corrupting me again." I say and she laughs. "Hey listen, I'll have you know I'm a very good and mature person and I will not tolerate you bullying me." She says. "At the orphanage you threatened to beat someone with a roll of toilet paper because they asked you for a piece of gum." I say and she looks up. "Aww you remember that?" She says and I laugh. "Question mark?" She says and I raise an eyebrow at her.

"Bro I'm not even kidding, I had A dream last night that you went to a pool party with shrek and didn't invite me so I stalked you, and you guys ended up throwing onions at each other and I can't look at you seriously anymore." Melody says and I could hear Brendon and Dallon laughing. "Dream? But that actually happened." I say looking at her with a straight face. "Please no." She says and I laugh. "Wot did you say mate." She says in a funny voice. "I'll have you know, I'm a calculator." I state and she laughs. "Oh yeah? What 45×23÷167?" She asks and I stare at her. "Uhhh.. I now identify as a broken calculator." I state. I wasn't even gonna bother to attempt that, as I am not good at Math what so ever.

I stand up, and as I do so, something falls out of my pocket and onto the floor. The small little box. Melody automatically knows what it is, because she freezes and stares at me. Her expression was unreadable. Before I could even think about it, she hurries up, and picks it up, holding it. "Why do you still have this?!" She says and I frown. "Delilah, you promised you threw it away. That you didn't do it anymore." She says. "I don't. I just.." I couldn't even come up with an excuse. I could feel Brendon and Dallon watching us. "Okay. Then roll up your sleeves." She says. She's like an overprotective mother I swear. "No I'm cold. There's nothing there. Can't we just talk about this later? I forgot I had it." I say softly.

"No. No we really can't. I'm not gonna let you ruin yourself." She says. "May I ask what's going on?" Dallon asks. Melody turns and walks over placing the box on the table. "Mel please don't." I say. "They need to know. You need help." She says opening the box. It was silent and I couldn't take it anymore so I simply walked out of the kitchen tears streaming down my face , and walk towards the front door, only to be pulled back. I turn to see Melody. "I need fresh air, let me go." I state, and how emotionless I sounded, scared me to be honest. "No. I'm not letting you walk out that door." She says.

"Why? Because you don't trust me? Because you think I'll jump in front of a car or something?" I say. "Delilah stop it, it's not like that." She says and I clench my jaw. "No I know it is. That's exactly how it's like. No one trusts me." I say and I sit on the ground,  my breathing was heavy and uneven. "Lilah calm down. I trust you." She says sitting in front of me. "N-no you don't. But I get it. I don't even trust myself." I say and she frowns. "Today was supposed to be a fresh start. A good one. And then of course I have to fuck it up. Like I do everything." I state, speaking my mind. I didn't even realize they walked in.

"Why didn't I just make my bed, Mel. Why didn't I just simply get up and make my bed? Then he wouldn't have gotten mad." I state and she shakes her head. "Delilah don't think about that. No father does that to their child because they didn't make their bed. Your father needed help." Melody says but I shake my head. "It's all my fault. You know it is. I wonder if he got help." I say, all the anger melting from my body. "You think they're still together?" I ask looking up at her. I could see Dallon and Brendon standing in the doorway behind her, but I don't really care. "I don't know Delilah.." Melody says softly.

"I hope she found someone better. I know he probably hurt her badly. I was the one he took his anger out on so if I wasn't there and she was, who else could he have?" I say. "Lilah, now's not the time to talk about this." Melody says and I nod. "You're right, I'm sorry." I say wiping my sleeve on my face to dry my tears. I need to try just a bit harder.

Authors Note

But seriously, the milk fic is disgusting and the person who wrote it is a pedophile, so why do people continue to make jokes about it?

I wrote this chapter before I found do it the author was a pedophile, so my apologies. I think there's another chapter joking about it to, I which again, I wrote when I simply thought of that book as a joke, so don't attack. Yikes.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter

Thanks for reading, it means the world to me 💖

-E💕