Chapter 43

(Delilahs POV)

Melody turned to me, gripping me shoulders. "What are you thinking?!" She asks causing the boys to look at us. Pete kinda sunk into the couch, almost looking guilty despite him not doing anything wrong. Now I felt even worse. "Why are you now yelling at me?! You weren't mad in there." I say and she lets go of me and sighs. "Because I don't want you in trouble." She says, her voice lower. I cough and gesture to Patrick, Andy, and Joe. "I meant with your parents." She says. "Wait so was Dallon right?" Patrick asks. I shake my head no, and Melody shakes her head. "Just, why would you do it again? Especially after last time? Why are you acting out so much?" Melody asks poking harahly at my chest causing me to stumble and I stare at her with wide eyes. She can't be serious?!

"Rich of you to say Melody. You got me drunk that first time! Listen, I didn't do it purposely. I explained myself already. Miss. Perfect." I say and she swallows harshly. I think I made her mad. "Or maybe you're just becoming your father. Predictable." She says and my heart drops. "Okay okay girls calm down, cool it." Patrick says and I step back from her, pursing my lips and shaking my head, chuckling bitterly. "You know what? Maybe I am." I say and her face drops when she realizes what she said. "I'm just a raging alcoholic yeah?" I say and everyone was quiet. I kept going. "Funny thing is, my first time drinking I was pressured. In fact, hmm don't you recall me saying I was afraid of it? Just a thought." I say. I was pissed. Oh god was I pissed yet I wasn't screaming and I was proud of myself for that.

"Delilah I didn't.." She says and I laugh. "No I get it. I drink all the time. Ya know? All day. Non stop. I'm an abusive alcoholic yeah? I hit people all the time." I say and she sighs. "No, no stop Delilah I did not say that." She says. "I'm my father though. I'm becoming Richard." I say bitterly. "Guys knock it off please, what's going on?" Andy begs. "Okay, fuck it. I came across this room right? Said adults were only allowed so I was like I'm a rebel I don't follow rules and went in. As I was leaving a very intoxicated lady approached me yeah? She was upset about her friends leaving and wanted to talk. I didn't have the heart to leave her by herself and the Bartender didn't tell me to leave so I sat and talked with her. She then keep telling me to drink her drink and after a few times of telling her no, I got sick of her asking so I downed it real quick to shut her up. One. That's it. Wasn't even a full glass. Shortly left after to avoid being pressured again." I say my words kinda rushed with anger as Melody stared at me.

"You shouldn't have went in there to be fair." Patrick says and I nod. "I know, but my point is, my intent was to be a badass and go somewhere I wasn't supposed to be. Not to get drunk. In fact I was gonna leave after standing there for 6 seconds if it wasn't for that girl." I explain. "And Pete knew how?" Patrick asks and I furrow my eyebrows at him. "I saw you guys exchanging glances when your dads were mad." Patrick says. "He ran into me after I left. I was guilty so I spilt the story to him because I know he wouldn't go and hurriedly tell my fathers." I say. "She's a young adult, it's her job to do that." Pete explains. "What did you even drink? What if she drugged you?" Melody asks and I look at her. "I didn't ask because I didn't care. I don't plan on drinking it again. Tasted almost as nasty as the vodka. Drugs me? Cool. As if no one would see a wasted girl trying to drag me out of there." I say. Melody sighs and sits down, and I rub my hands down my face.

"You're such a chienne sometimes." She mumbles and I look at her. "Jokes on you, I don't know what that means. I don't speak Eiffel tower." I say and Joe snickers, but quickly stops. "You know some things." Melody says and I ignore her. That's not the point. I know a lot but she didn't teach me a lot of insults. "She called you a bitch." Pete says. "You barley remember how to say our own album name but you remember that-" Patrick says and Pete smiles and nods repeatedly. "How do you call someone a crack whore?" I ask, and Pete covers his mouth while laughing and Patrick was clearing holding back laughter. "Sweetheart no, no name calling." He says. "I am not.." Melody says and I shrug and wink at her. "ok et vous êtes une salope d'alcool." She says while smirking. "I caught the word alcohol, and I honestly don't care what you have to say stop being a little-" but I got cut off by Patrick. "I said stop it. Please." He says looking at both of us.