Chapter 10

(Delilahs POV)

"Delilah?" My father says and I just stare at him, shocked. I had no idea what to say. "Delilah who are they?" I hear Dallon ask. I slowly stand up, looking at them cautiously. "Did you follow me here?" I ask slowly. I did not trust them, not one bit. "Delilah, oh god no. I never thought I'd see you again." My mother says, she goes to grab my arm but I jerk it away, not wanting her to touch me. "Lilah.. oh god, we have some talking to do." My father says and I could feel tears filling up my eyes. Burning them. "There is absolutely nothing to talk about. I'm trying to restart my life, to be more happy. I don't need you guys ruining that." I say softly, and the hurt that ran through my Fathers eyes, it didn't effect me at all.

"Delilah.." He says, hurt clear in his voice. "Dont try to act all hurt and sad, "Father", for all the times you've hurt me. By the way, have you fixed your drinking issue?" I ask and he sighs. "Yes, I have. I haven't drank in 2 years." He says and I turn to my Mother. "So you l-lied huh?" I say and she shakes her head. "No, no honey I dropped you off there for your safety. I tried to get you back, I did. It was too much money. I couldn't. We've been saving up. But when we checked the website yesterday, we saw you weren't on there anymore." She says, her face dropping on Dallon and Brendon, suddenly shock fills her face. Oh yeah, she used to be a huge fan.

"Yeah, you know why? Because they adopted me. They cared enough to work with me, which they still are. They saved me. If it weren't for them, I would've killed myself. Not to pass blame but it's your guys' fault I'm so fucked up. Especially you father. Thank you for that." I say and he looks down. Melody grabs my wrist, as if to tell me she's there. Suddenly my Fathers mood changes. "So they're you parents huh?" He says, a snarky undertone to it. "Yeah we are you got a fucking problem bud?" Brendon says and I hear Dallon say "Calm down, babe." And my Dad glares at them.

"Great so you rather have two guys as your parents right?" He says. Before Brendon could say nothing I say something first. "Actually yeah. I really do. They don't hit me. They don't shove me down the stairs. They don't try to drown me in scolding hot water for not making my bed. They don't smash beer bottles over my head for trying to help. They don't beat me until I can't fucking move. So yeah, I do rather have them over you guys any day. I'd rather go to hell than be with you guys again." I say and I hear Dallon gasp. Brendon grabs my arm, gently pulling my away from them. "Bye assholes. Me and my BOYFRIEND are leaving with our daughter now." He says and we walks away from them.

"Gay is yay motherfuckers!" Melody yells. "Delilah I had no idea you went through that." Dallon says, pure shock on his face. Brendon just looked straight out pissed. "That's so fucking disgusting. How can you do that to someone?! Let alone your own child." He says anger clear in his voice. "He drank a lot, and alcohol made him violent. He'd take all his anger out on me, because unlike my "mother", I didn't fight back. I couldn't." I say as we get into the car, Brendon letting go of my wrist. "Wait does she know who we are? She seemed surprised." Brendon asks, starting up the car.

"Oh uhm yeah. I remember after he would hit me, she would his end for ice cream and she would blast your music. I remember she'd always show me pictures of you. Which is why you looked so familiar to me when we were on the bridge." I say and he turns to look at me. "I can promise you, Dal and I are gonna be here for you every step of the way. We're gonna help you get better, alright?" He says and I smile a bit. "Thank you." I say softly. "Aww cheer up, Lilah. We all got your back." Melody says and I playfully punch her on the shoulder. "Ew don't touch me. I don't wanna catch your straight germs." She jokes and I giggle.

"That's not very nice. Straight is great, just as much as gay is yay." Dallon says and Brendon says a quiet "Fuck yeah." Causing me to laugh. "Yeah, Melody. Stop bullying me." I say, mocking her. "You threatened to throw me out the window." She states. "You'd like it, shut up." I say. "Woah woah woah! PG13 strictly." Brendon says while laughing. "I meant that in the most innocent way." I say, my face heating up. "Mhm yeah, Delilah. You kinky basta-" but I cut her off. "Uh language." I say and her eyes widen as she realizes there's two adults in the car.

"Basket. You kinky basket." She says. I take out my phone scroll through Instagram. I came across this photo of a girl in a bikini and sigh I'm not gay but she's hot. "I stan oh my." I say aloud and Melody looks at my phone. "Delilah, calm down. Your gay is showing." She says. "Hey, hey I'm not a lesbian or anything but I'd totally make out with her." I say turning my phone off. "Ha. That's what I used to say and now here I am. Like fuck." Brendon says and I laugh. "Okay Lilah I'm gonna have you sing this song for me. You know it. I used to play it all the time." She says.

"Who's it by?" I ask. "Your forehead Dad now shut up." She says. "Hey! Don't disrespect my forehead daughter." Brendon jokes and we laugh. She hands me a earbud and I put it in. Right away I know the song and sing as loud as possible. "Isn't this exactly where you like me, I'm exactly where you'd like me you know! Praying for love in a lap dance and paying in nativity!" I stop and pull out the earbud and right away hear clapping.

"Damn. I'm kicking myself out of my own band." Brendon says. "What band?" Melody says causing Dallon to snicker. "If you never want another album to be sold then go for it. I'm not that good." I state and Melody shoves me playfully. "Liar." She states and I simply stick my tongue out at her. "I mean compared to Brendon, you're trash but you're good." She says and Brendon turns to look at us. "Not nice." He says and I snicker and look at her. "Sorry." She says and pulls me in a side hug.

Authors Note

Pinch poke, you owe me a bag of coke- huh?

So how're you guys? I'm currently outside in 91° weather, sweating my ass off lmao

I'm bored, so I decided to edit another chapter and post, eek!

I hope you enjoyed

Thanks for reading 💖

-E💕