Chapter 23

(Delilahs POV)

Maybe sleeping in the same bed as someone who cares for you is a bad idea. Especially when you have nightmares as bad as the ones I get. After all, they aren't really nightmares, but more of memories.

"Daddy I'm sorry!" I say and he simply shakes his head. "You're such a fuck up!" He screams and I started to cry. I didn't like being yelled at, and yet Daddy did it way too much. He grabbed me by my hair and I screamed as he threw my down the stairs. Tears streamed down my face as he started walking towards me slowly. "I should fucking kill you!" He yells only causing me to scream harder. "Mommy help, mommy please!" I yell as she watched from the couch, a solemn look on her face. "She hates you too! No one loves you!" Daddy yells and punches me. I whimper, grabbing my head. "I'm sorry.." I mumble and he laughs. "Go play in traffic you little shit. I fucking hate you. I wish I had a better wife and daughter." He says and spits on me, before walking out the door.

I jolted awake, screaming and sweating heavily. Tears streaming down my face. When I felt a hand touch me, I freaked out. "No! Mommy help!" I yell getting out of the bed. I had totally forgotten where I was and what was happening. The dream just was that vivid. They're too real. I hurry down the stairs, not even seeing Brendon and Dallon who both were stood up, worry clear on their faces. I ran out the door, and collapsed on the walkway. "Mommy.. please.." I say, tears streaming down my face at a rapid pace. I hear the door open, but I ignore it. "Mommy.. make him stop.." I say, quieter this time. My knees hurt from falling to the ground so hard, and I could tell they were bleeding. "Lilah.." I hear someone say and I look up to see Brendon.

I stand up, and pull him into a hug, shoving my face into his shoulder. He automatically hugs back. "H-He's up there.." I mumble, the tears slowing down as I realized I was now safe. "No one's up there except Melody. You're safe. He won't hurt you ever again, sweetie." Brendon says and I stayed silent for a moment. "It was only a dream..?" I ask. "Only a dream, no one here will hurt you." He confirms and automatically I felt relieved. I pull away from the hug, wiping at my eyes. I could see Dallon standing near the door, clearly concerned. I hurry over to him, pulling him into a hug. He kneels down, hugging me back. "I love you both so much.. thank you.." I mumble. I pull away from the hug, and press the palms of my hands to my eyes.

"I'll be in the backyard." I mumble, walking back inside. I see Melody at the bottom of the stairs and hurry over to her holding my hand out to her. She takes it, intertwining our fingers. We go to the backyard and she lets go of my hand as we sit on the edge of the pool. Surely enough, my knees were bleeding. Droplets of crimson red beaded on my kneecaps.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" She asks and I shake my head softly. She nods and looks ahead, zoning off. She looked so beautiful. The sun made her skin glow and look so radiant. The gently breeze made her black hair blow softly in the breeze. I could see her brown roots were showing and I wondered if she'd go back to black, or dye it her natural hair color. Or let it grow out. Though that might look weird. Her icy blue eyes looked gorgeous with the sun shining down on her. I was lucky to have her, truly. I surely didn't deserve someone like her.

"I wish time would stop sometimes." I say out of no where. "Why?" She asks turning to look at me. "Life moves on too fast. I can barely enjoy the good moments. It sucks. Before you know it, we'll be dead." I say and she smiles softly. "Time goes by fast when you're having fun?" She asks and I shrug. "Right now, I am having fun. Being here makes me happy. Especially with you." I say, a blush coating my cheeks as she playfully winks at me.