5

Since Dansby's birthday is so close to Valentine's Day we decided not to send Kinsley to a babysitter for that night but rather have a family night out to a nice restaurant.

"Mommy can I be pretty like you?" I turn my head to see Kinsley standing in the door way clutching her Mickey Mouse to her chest.

I smile turning away from my vanity. "Well you're already pretty."

"But I wanna be like you." She pouted.

"Come here baby." I laugh lifting her up to sit on the vanity. "Do you want me to do your hair and makeup?" I ask.

Her eyes lit up as she nods. "Yes pease!"

"What if I do you're hair and give you some lip gloss?" I suggest.

"Yes!" She squeals. I laugh nodding and reaching for more of my curlers. Carefully I place them in her hair.

"What's going on in here?" Dansby asks walking in with a smile.

"Mommy making me pretty." Kinsley cheers.

"But you're already the prettiest girl in the world." Dansby states.

Kinsley giggles shaking her head. "You have to say that daddy."

"I don't have to say mommy is the prettiest girl ever either but I do." He says kissing me.

"I agree daddy. Mommy pretty." She smiles.

"Damn right She is." He winks.

"Dans." I scold him from cussing in front of her.

"Ohhhh daddy say bad word." Kins covets her mouth.

"Yea daddy did." I cross my arms. I know I'm not a saint when it comes to cursing around Kinsley but Dansby is the worse.

"I'm sorry." He chuckles.

"But I'm serious you two are the prettiest girls in the whole world." Dansby kisses Kinsley's cheek.

"Thank you Daddy." She grins. Kinsley loves attention and I mean loves attention.

"Well I'm going to let my two girls finish getting ready. Love y'all." He says walking our.

"Love you!" We chorus.

"Alright sit still and let mommy do her eyeshadow." I instruct as I work on my smoky eye look.

"Mommy what that?" She asks pointing to my pallet.

"Eye shadow. It makes your eyes pretty." I say putting my brush down.

"Can I have it?" I shake my head at her.

"Not until you're older." I laugh.

"Boo." She pouts.

"Stop pouting at let mommy put lip gloss on you." I continue laughing. "Pucker like this." I demonstrate.

She does so and lets me up a swipe of clear lip gloss across her lip. "I pretty now!" She cheers.

"That you are." I smile. "Why don't you go see daddy while mommy finishes getting ready."

Helping her down she hits the ground feet running and sprints out to Dansby. Picking up my phone I see the notification that Dansby posted.

 Picking up my phone I see the notification that Dansby posted