26

Dansby immediately goes into protection mode as we stare at the strange women in our back yard. "I'm sorry who are you?" Dansby asks pushing me behind him as he walks towards her.

"I said where is my baby?" She repeats looking around frantically. "That bastard stole her!"

"Look ma'am I don't know who you are or what you're talking about but we'd appreciate it if you leave." Dansby remains calm as I walk up behind him and lay a hand on his shoulder. Something about this women did not feel right.

"Mommy." Kinsley pants running up and hugging my leg. I look down at her wide eyed as the woman gasps.

"That's my baby! Isobel you've gotten so big!" She coos kneeling down and stretching out her arms.

I step back pulling Kinsley with me and scooping her up in my arms. "I'm sorry but you've got the wrong place now please got off our property." I say holding Kinsley tight in my arms.

"No! That's my baby! I want her!" The woman lunged for me but Dansby was quick to push me behind him.

"Get the hell off our property." Dansby threatens. "Or I'll call the cops."

The women looks skeptical before running out the gate. Dansby quickly turns back to us looking me in the eyes. "Are y'all ok?" He asks running a hand down my arm.

I nod pulling Kinsley closer to my chest. She had started crying because of the yelling. "Yea." I let out shakily. "She's just scared." I try to turn my focus to her.

"Tae, are you ok?" He know how I am so he stopped me just looking me in the eye.

"I'm fine, just shaken up." I admit. My hands where shaking as I held Kinsley as close as possible. "I think it's time we shut this party down." I whisper.

"Me too. Why don't you take her in and calm her down and I'll deal with everyone." I nod turning and walking into the house.

I caught a few are y'all ok, as I walked but I just nodded. When my mom stood up to follow me in I shake my head letting her know I'm fine.

"Hey shhhh it's ok baby doll." I coo walking into the living room and taking a seat on the couch. 

I sit there rocking her back and forth until her crying becomes soft whimpers. Dansby soon comes in taking a seat next to me and wrapping his arm around my shoulder. "She asleep now? He asks kissing my head.

"Yea I think so." I nod. I didn't making a move to put her down though. I wanted her as close to me as possible. "What time is it?" I ask.

"About 8:15." Dansby answers. "What are you thinking pretty girl." He could tell something wasn't right with me.

"Dans, Kinsley looks an awful lot like that women." I whisper finally voicing what was in my head.

Kinsley had the same brown hair and blue eyes. "Taegan, we went through all the legal work. Remember. Kinsley's mother died."

I nod knowing we had but I still couldn't shake it. "I know but Dans..." I trail off still not feeling comfortable.

Dansby sighs running a hand through my hair. "Tell you what I'm gonna go get the dogs, check all the doors and set the alarm. Why don't you take Kinsley up stairs, change her into some pajamas and we'll watch a movie. Your dad told me to tell you not to come in tomorrow anyways."

"Sounds good." I nod pushing myself up and heading upstairs. "Hey princess you want to change into some pj's?" I ask shaking her lightly.

"Mommy no." She whines snuggling her head into my neck.