20

I was so excited to tell everyone. My knee kept bouncing as I sat out in the backyard talking with Nancy, my mom, Lindsey and Nicole.

"Do you need any help setting up for Kinsley's birthday next weekend?" Nancy offers.

I shake my head smiling. "I think I've got it all under control. Thank you though."

"I'm just going to warn you, your father and I went a little overboard with presents this year." Mom says making me laugh.

"I expect nothing less." I say watching as Kinsley runs over to me.

"Mommy look! I pick a flower." She squeals showing me the flower.

"I see that. Are you hot?" I ask running a hand through her sweaty hair.

Kinsley shakes her head sitting down at my feet. "I fine mommy." I continue running my hand through her hair before pulling it up.

"Kinsley what did the easter bunny bring you?" Lindsey asked as Kinsley kept her eyes fixed on the flower.

"I got a bunny and candy and a Barbie and princess castle and ohh I got books!" It never fails to make me smile seeing the excitement on her face. "Mommy got pretty bracelets, I picked it!" She adds looking back at her flower.

"I saw that! You did such a good job picking it out." Lindsey compliments her. Kinsley remained next to me taking to Nancy and my mom. I took this moment to take a picture of her.

Liked by dansbyswanson, briana_rae_peterson and 34,075 othersTaeSwanson7 We aren't called to shine our own light; we are called to reflect his

TaeSwanson7 We aren't called to shine our own light; we are called to reflect his. Happy Easter from this little peep🐣
201 comments
Braves enjoy the off day Swanson family!
MegAndrews some bunny misses her god daughter... me I miss my god daughter

"Is everyone ready for lunch?" Nancy asks making us all nod. "Alright let's head to the table then!"

We all make our way over to the large picnic table set up in the backyard. It was filled wit fried chicken, sweet potato casserole, Mac n cheese, rolls, green beans, basically just lots and lots of food. A pregnant girls dream.

"Dansby do you mind saying the prayer son?" Cooter asked.

"Of course." Dansby nodded taking my hand. I felt Kinsley pull on my dress so I quickly scooped her up before placing my hand back in Dansby's. "Dear lord, you have blessed us with all we need. Food, clothes, a roof over our heads, family, friends, careers, joy and love. So we thank you for those, because of Jesus' death and resurrection you have also blessed us with the gift of eternal life. I am so grateful for those here with us today. We remember those we love who are not with us and those who now rest from their labor. Please bless this food we eat. May it remind us of the joyous banquet we will one day share with your. In his name we pray, amen."

"Amen! Chicken time mommy!" Everyone around the table busts out laugh at Kinsley.

"Kinsley Grace, you know better than to holler out after prayer." I try to be stern but I couldn't keep a smile off my face.