14

"I don't wanna leave daddy!" Kinsley cried making me sigh. I was already stressed and I really didn't need a crying baby.

"Tae why don't you just leave her with me, look I'll have Chelsea watch her when I leave for the game. That why you don't have to worry about it." Dansby offers as he picks a a crying Kinsley who is clinging to his leg.

"I don't want to worry you while you're playing." I sigh adjusting the overnight bag on my shoulder. "Mom already said she would watch her." I ended up having to tell my parents everything when it came time for the trial and I was put on the stand. It was hard but it needed to be done.

"Babe I promise it's fine. I want this to be as stress free for you as possible." He assures me kissing my forehead.

"You're amazing." I breath taking in his scent as I rest my head against his chest.

"So are you. Look just go, get the closure you need then get back here to your loving husband and baby girl." I was only going to be away for a night but I knew it would be an emotionally draining night.

"I love you. I'll be back tomorrow night." I breath pulling away from him.

"We'll be here. I love you, be safe and call me if you need me." He says kissing my head one more time.

"I will. Bye princess, be good for daddy." I kneel down to Kinsley.

"I will. Bye mommy." I give her a kiss before kissing Dansby and walking out of the condo.

"Ready?" Megan asks waiting for me outside.

"Is anyone ever ready for this?" I mumble throwing my bag in her car. "How does someone prepare to go read a suicide note blaming them?"

My voice trembled. I was not ready for this but I needed to be. "I'll be there the whole time, just like I was through the relationship." She assures me.

"Thanks." I whisper pulling a knee up to my chest and resting my chin on it.

"Let's talk about something better, uh oh what are we hoping the baby is?" She smiles excitedly.

I hadn't even thought of what I wanted, I was just to excited to finally be pregnant. "I think I want a girl, someone for Kinsley to play with you know." I thought out loud. "But I'll be happy with a boy to. He'd be a little heart breaker if he looks anything like Dansby." I laugh lightly.

"Well if it's a girl I expect her to be named after me." I roll my eyes at her shaking my head. "But really this baby's name is gonna have to be something different, I mean think about it Taegan, Dansby, Kinsley....you can't name the second one Jake or some basic shit."

"True." I begin going over the different names in my head. "If it's a boy I wanna keep Dansby in his name, I know Nancy would love that, if it's a girl I might make her middle name Zaiser since I dropped it."

"That's cute." She agreed. "Your mom is going to be so excited to have another grand baby."

I nod my head. "Tell me about it. She's been asking when we are going to have a baby forever now."

The rest of the car ride we talked about how extra my mom will be when we tell her. Getting to the airport though my sadness crept back in.

I still can't understand why he would do something like this, I can only pray that the note will provide me with at least a reason.

I say quite on the plane ride, just trying to keep myself calm. Megan knew now was not the time to talk to me so she let me be. When we landed Megan went to get the rental car while I grabbed our luggage. Once everything was together we headed off to the Atlanta police department where the note was held in evidence right now.

"Hi my name is Taegan Swanson, I'm suppose to be seeing the note left by John Ross." I say quietly to the lady at the front.

"One moment please." She walls away going to find a police officer who leads me and Megan back to an isolated room. There on the table laid the note face down.

"Take as long as you'd like." He says before closing the door.

I take a deep breath jus staring down at it. Slowly I reach out, my hands shaking, I find myself unable to flip the note over. "I can't." I whimper.

"Do you want me to read it to you?" Megan offers softly. I nod my head making her reach out for the note.

She sucks in a breath before beginning to read.

Taegan, my dearest little Taegan. He'll never love you the way I did. You were like my little doll, always dressed how I like, I could force you to do things, life was perfect. I can't bare the thought of some other man having his way with you the way I did. You were perfect, your only fault was that mouth of yours. Boy did it get you in trouble. You put me in this cell, for what? Loving you? Because that is all I did. The finger prints left on your cheeks were sighs of me to remind you who loved you. You just never realized how much I love you. Cheating on you, I did it because of the rush, when you found out you were so mad, it was thrilling. In the end you decided I wasn't good enough for you. Though I can't see how you determined that. I might not be good enough for you. But, hey, I'm good enough for hell don't you think?
Good bye my love,
JR

I couldn't stop the tears as Megan put the paper down. I knew this was a bad idea but my dumb ass needed closure. "How can he say he loved me?"

"Taegan he was a sick individual, this note just proves it." Megan tries condoling me. "Do you feel any better now?"

"The only thing I feel now is anger." I admit whipping me eyes. "I'm angry that he even had the never to blame me. I'm angry that he took the cheap why out of this, I'm just angry."

"Well I guess it's better than depressed."