16

When I say I've never jumped into action faster I mean it. The second I saw Kinsley on the group crying I was up and scooping her off the ground. Fear it me when I saw the huge gash on her forehead gushing blood.

"Chels do you have napkins?" I try to stay calm as I press my shirt again my crying child's head.

"Oh my gosh here!" Chelsea quickly pulls out a bunch of napkins as I try and stop the bleeding with my shaky hands.

"C-can you call the family line and get them to get Dansby. I think we're going to have to take her to the hospital this is deep." My voice shakes as I cradle her to my chest.

"Yea." Chelsea nods pulling out her phone.

"Mrs. Swanson would you like for me to call the trainer and take you down there, they can at least stop the bleeding?" A security guard ask.

"Could you?" I beg.

"Of course ma'am." He quickly gets on the walkie talkie as I scoop a squalling Kinsley into my arms and cradle her to my chest.

"Shhhh you're ok baby girl." I try and coo but tears were filling my eyes. Looking out to the field as the guard led me away I saw Dansby watching me panicked before Snit was calling time, probably to take him out.

As I was lead down a hall to the trainers office Dansby was indeed in there when the door opened. "What happened?" He asked as I placed her on the table.

"Sh-she was playing with Charlie and fell cutting her head on a brick. I'm such an awful mom I should've been watching her better." I cried hugging her closer to me.

"Hey hey." Dansby says wrapping his arm around me. "You're not a terrible mom, she was playing it's what kids do. Accidents happen." He coos leaning down to look at her head as the trainer walks in.

"Oh boy we got a bleeder." He jokes putting on gloves. Dansby explains what happened while I stand in the corner trying to stop from crying as I watch my baby in pain.

"Is it ok if I give her something for the pain?" The trainer asks.

"Yea that's fine." Dansby nods. He ended up having to hold Kinsley so we could get her to calm down. I felt so bad.

"If you don't want to take her to the hospital I can just stitch her up here." He offers.

"That's be great." Dansby sighs adjusting her.

Kinsley began crying harder when she saw the needle. Walking over I take her hand and make her look at me. "Kins how about we sing a song? Want to sing a song with mommy?" I ask trying to keep her mind off of what was about to happen. She looked at me still scared I started singing.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
you make me happy when skies are gray
you'll never know dear, how much I love you,
please don't take my sunshine away." I start singing the song I use to calm her down when Dansby is away. "You are my sunshine,... come on Kins sing with mommy." I beg. "my only sunshine you make me happy, when skies are gray, you'll never know dear, how much I love you, please don't take my sunshine away." Dansby joined in with me and soon enough so did Kinsley.

She was a little trooper once I got her mind off it. When the trainer was done he put a bandaid over her stitches and Dansby sat her up she looked around still pouting a bit.

"Ok do y'all want a prescription for some pain medication for her because it will probably hurt for a few days since she's so young?" I thought for a moment looking at Dansby.

"Yea it wouldn't hurt. I don't want her to be in pain." I nod as he pulls out a pad and writes down the prescription.

"She'll probably be drowsy for a few hours." He warns us as Dansby cuddles her to his chest and she rest her head on his shoulder.

"That's fine thank you so much." I breath laying a hand on her back. "You're a life saver."

"No problem it's just my job." He smiles while pulling off his gloves. "Hope this little one feels better."

Dansby thanked him again as we headed out to the car. "I feel so bad still." I whimper watching her sleep on Dansby's shoulder.

"Taegan it wasn't your fault. She's a kid, she runs around and plays, sometimes she falls." Dansby tries to reassure me.

"I know but, I should've been watching her instead of talking to Chelsea." I sigh as he buckled her into her car seat.

"Look at me." He says taking my shoulders and turning me to him. "Stop being so hard on yourself. Things happen, she's fine."

"I know, I know, I'm sorry." I cave letting my head fall.

"Let's just get her home and let her sleep in her bed." He says giving me a kiss before opening my door for me.

Getting in I scroll through Twitter and Instagram where a lot of fans who saw what happened were asking how she was. Deciding to let them know she is ok I turn around snapping a picture of her in her car seat.

Liked by Chelseafreeman, enderincairtem and 26,965 others TaeSwanon7 9 stitches later but she handled it like a trooper

TaeSwanon7 9 stitches later but she handled it like a trooper. Thank you to all who were worried about her💙
286 comments
Mommazais12 my poor baby!
Braves glad to hear she's ok!

"I'm exhausted." I groan flopping onto the bed once we get Kinsley in her bed.

"Me too. Hey I was thinking, when do you want to tell everyone about this little peanut?" He runs his hand over my stomach.

"I was thinking Easter? It's Sunday before Kinsley's birthday so I think it would be perfect." I say laying my hand over his. "I know I said I wanted to wait till the first trimester but I'm just too excited now."

"Do you already have ideas on how to do it?" He asks knowingly.

"Oh yea." I laugh nodding. "I've got a whole secrete board." I joke.

"Your a mess." He laughs. "How do you think Kinsley is going to handle?"

I sigh shrugging. "Honestly I have no clue. I guess we will just have to roll with the punches."

"At least we have an amazing support system." He says making me nod.

"That we do. We are so blessed with our families."

A/N
Hey guys hope you all are doing great! I just posted a new Cody Bellinger story today and would love you for all to check it out! Let me know what y'all think and any ideas you have for Hit for the cycle