25

Our backyard was overflowing with friends and family here to celebrate our baby turning 3. The guys game had ended a bit ago so Dansby and the rest of the team should be here shortly.

"Mommy!" Kinsley came sprinting. "Hot." She pants slowing down at my feet.

"Want some water baby?" I ask grabbing a bottle of water. She nods her head as I hold the bottle to her lips. "Better?"

"Thanks Mommy." She says before sprinting off and joining Charlie Freeman in the bouncy house.

"She's the cutest." Nancy grins coming up next to me.

"She is." I nod in agreement. "She's having the time of her life too." I watch as Kins squeals bouncing in the teepee.

"And this little one is going to be cute too." She smiles down at my stomach. My hand moves to rest on the bump that is easily hid under my clothes. "I'm so happy for the two of you Taegan."

"Thanks I'm so excited. Dansby is already such and amazing father to Kins. I can't wait to go through it all with this one." I say watching the kids play.

"It will be hard I'm not going to life sweetheart but you've got your momma and I to help every step of the way." She assures me squeezing my arm.

"I know, we are so blessed to be surrounded by family." Nancy nods at my words as I see the gate open and the guys walk in. "Excuse me for a minute." I pardon myself walking over to the team.

"There's my girl." Dansby greets happily kissing.

"Hey babe." I smile pecking his lips again. "So if anyone wants a drink there's a cooler full of waters and gatorades just for y'all." I announce to the guys making them high five.

Many of the guys part ways to their families as Dansby wraps his arms around my waist. "She having fun?" He looks over my shoulder in search of Kinsley.

I nod with a smile. "She's having a ball. Oh and she definitely has a crush on Charlie Freemen." I tease.

Dansby let out an audible groan as he drops his head down to my shoulder. "She's 3. She shouldn't have a crush."

"Well she does." I chuckle patting his chest. "It's cute. Besides think of it this was at least we already will know the kids and parents when they start dating in high school."

His eyes widen as he shakes his head. "Not happening because he'll be this hotshot baseball player and my baby isn't dating a hotshot."

"Why's that?" I question staring up at him. "I dated a hotshot baseball player and it turned out all good for me."

"Yea well I'm just a catch." I let out a laugh and roll my eyes pushing him away.

"Go find your baby girl." Dansby laughs giving me kiss on the head.

I watch as he sets off to find Kinsley and I make my way back over to some of the wives. "Tae these decorations are amazing Chelsea compliments. "Who did you hire?"

"I did it myself." I say. The whole boho theme worked so cute with the 'young, wild and three'.

"No way! I'm definitely going to need your help with Charlie's next year. I've just been hiring someone to save the hassle."

"Dans tried to get me to do that but I wanted to do it myself." I shrug.

"She's lying." Megan butted in. "I help decorate too!"

I roll my eyes at her but nod. "Taegan! Come here for a minute sweetie!" I turn and see my mom waving me over.

Making my way over I take a seat at the table with her, Nancy and my Mimi. "Yes?" I ask. I took a second enjoy sitting.

"Oh nothing you've just been standing and moving since we got here. You need a rest." My mom was already in mom mode with me being pregnant.

"Mom I'm fine. I know my limits." I shake my head.

"You know your old limits. You don't know this new body." Mimi butts in.

"That's true sweetie." Nancy adds. "I thought I was super woman when I was pregnant with Dansby. I was chasing Lindsey and Chase around ball field and it really took a role on my body later in the pregnancy."

I take in what they are saying and nod. "So y'all are telling me to slow down." I laugh.

"Yes." They chorus.

I shake my head at the three women with a smile on my face. "Noted. I'm going to go get Kins for some presents." I push myself up and search for my child.

I find her and my husband inside the bounce house jumping around. "What's up you two." I pop my head in the house.

"Mommy jump!" Kinsley begs.

"I can't baby. But why don't you come open your presents now?" I ask watching as her face lit up.

"Presents!" She squeals clambering out, Dansby quickly behind her.

Dans carries her over to the teepee we had set up with all the presents in it while I gathered everyone. "Hey y'all if I can get everyone to gather at the teepee. We're going to do presents."

Quickly everyone filled in around Kinsley who thought she was queen of everything. It was no surprise she tore through everything way to quickly for me to write down who gave what.

"Kins what do you say to everyone?" I ask.

"Tank you!" She yells making everyone laugh. "Ake now Mommy?" She looks up at me hopeful.

"Yes cake now." I nod scooping her up and carrying her over to the table. I motion for Dansby to take pictures.

"Are we ready to sing?" I ask everyone after I light the candles.

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Kinsley. Happy birthday to you!" We all sing.

I hold her hair back as she blows the candles out. "I want a pony!" She yells making everyone laugh again. My child and her personality.

After cutting the cake for everyone I was finally able to sit down and enjoy a piece myself. Making my way over to Dansby I get comfortable on his lap as his arms find their way around my waist.

We sat talking with everyone, just enjoying our time together and watching our kids play. When the backyard gate opened everyone turned confused to see a young  brunette woman walk through out gate.

"Where is my baby?" She yelled confusing everyone.

A/N
Short I know but I'm really trying to get back in the grove for this one. The next chapter should be a good one though!