8

"Kinsley I need you to be still so I can put your jersey on." I beg trying to dress my child.

Today was the first home game at Champion Stadium so Dansby left a few hours ago. "No." Kinsley shook hear head refusing the jersey.

Letting out a sigh I throw the jersey on the bed and look at her. "What do you want to wear then?" I ask with my hands on my hips.

I watch as she slides off the bed and runs to her suitcase pulling out the shirt that had Dansby's emoji that they use on Twitter all the time. She holds it up to me hopeful and I just nod not wanting to argue with a toddler.

Once she's all dress I shoo her out to her room where Munson and Bentley waited to be played with. Quickly I change into my navy jersey and some white shorts. No matter how long I'm with him the feeling of wearing his name on my back always makes me proud.

My phone ringing pulls me from my thoughts. "Long time no speak." I answer the phone with a smirk.

"Shut up I talked to you two days ago." I could practically hear Jeremy roll his eyes.

"I'm messing with you, what's up though?" I ask putting my phone I speaker so I can straighten my hair.

"Nothing, I just wanted to call and see how things were going down there in Florida." He says.

"It's good, we've got a game at 1 today so I'm trying to get ready for that. Oh question so that 7 hour drive is a no go again with Kins, do you thing on our way back we can stop and stay with y'all a night. Just so we can break the trip up a bit." I ask hopeful. Jeremy and Nicole moved down to St. Augustine last year for Jere's work.

"Yes! Annabeth misses her best friend." Kinsley and Annabeth loved playing with each other and it warmed my heart to see them getting along so well.

"Perfect you're a god sent Jere." I breath. "How's Nicole?"

"She's still trying to wrap her head around it." Last week they had gone to the doctor about the trouble they were having getting pregnant. Turns out Nicole has polycystic ovary syndrome which cause her not to be able to convince easily again.

"Y'all will be fine. Adoption is always an option, I mean look how well it turned out for us." I smile watching Kinsley play in her room.

"I keep telling her that but she wants to have one again. She loved being pregnant." He sighs.

"Y'all will figure something out and I'll help." I promise. "But right now I really need to get to the field."

"Alright love you sis." Jeremy says bringing our phone call to an end.

Tossing my phone on the bed I let out a sigh falling next to it. "Mommy?" I lift my head to see Kinsley crawling on the bed.

"What's up baby doll?" I question letting her crawl into my arms.

"When we see daddy?" She asks, he blue eyes staring at me hopefully.

"As soon as Meggy gets here we're going." I promise running a hand through her straight blonde hair.

Her hair was so much lighter than my own, I was more dirty blonde closer to brown. She had that blonde girls pay good money for.

"Daddy play today?" I nod as her face lit up. She loves watching him play. It amazes me how quickly she can pick up which is Dansby and Ender when they are batting.

"He does, are you hungry?" I ask realizing it's close to noon. She shakes her head cuddling into me. I love how much of a cuddle bug she is.

The knock on the door disrupts our quite as I get up answering the door. "Hello bestie." Megan grins walking in.