22

Morning sickness might actually be the death of me, I have come to that conclusion. It's not even morning anymore and I'm still getting sick. I had dropped Kinsley off at my moms today so that I can go into the office yet I feel like I'm spending all my office time in the bathroom throwing up. After emptying my stomach for the 3rd time I walk back out into my office. The first thing I did was grab a bottle of water. Sipping on that I resume the work I was doing earlier. I was currently stressing over this huge client.

"You ok?" I look to see my dad leaning in my office door.

"Yes, just your typical morning sickness." I shrug. "It was pass soon." I can hope at least.

"You know we should probably talk about maternity leave." Dad said taking a seat in the chair opposite my desk.

I sigh knowing he was right. "I want to work up until I have the baby." I answer. "I want to spend as much time with him or her as possible before I have to come back."

"Taegan you know the normal maternity rules won't apply to you right?" Dad raises his eyebrow.

"12 weeks is what the government says we get Dad." I answer looking down at my laptop.

My dad rolls his eyes at me. "Yet I am the boss and you are VP therefore I'm giving you as much time off as you need."

"I don't want special treatment." I put my pen down staring at him. "You know that. I'll be able to handle it. I'm no different than any other working mom."

"Expect for the fact that you have a toddler and your husband plays Major League Baseball." He stares back at me. "Your baby is going to need you for more than 12 weeks."

"Dad I haven't even talked with Dansby about this yet. So can I just battle it out with him before I have to with you?" I ask not really wanting to argue right now.

"Fine. But just remember what I said." With that he walks out of the room.  Great not only am I stressing over the work I currently have but now I am going to have to argue with my dad over my leave.

Groaning I feel my stomach begging to churn. "Oh come on little one, let momma get some work done first please." I pout resting a hand on my stomach.

I had notice the little bit of weight I put on. It wasn't much but just enough to make my skirts a little tighter and blouses a little snugger. It's days like these when I hate road series. All I want right now is to be snuggled up with Dans and Kins in bed, but life seems to not be going that way for me.

As if on cue my phone rang signaling a FaceTime from Dansby. "Hey pretty girl?" He smiles as soon as I answer.

I don't know what it was but hearing his voice just made my bottom lip quiver. "Hey woah what wrong?" Concern immediately washed over his face.

"Nothing." I shake my head. "I just miss you and I'm stressed."

Dansby sighed. "Babe I told you to take it easy. It's not good for you or the baby to be stressed so much." I open my mouth the say something but he cuts me off. "Don't say you aren't that stressed because you never cry and you look like you're about to."

"It's just the hormones I think." I try to defend.

"Taegan." Dansby warns. "I don't need you doing this to yourself pretty girl."

"I know." I sigh. "I just want to get so much done, then Dad came in asking about maternity leave and we haven't even talked about that. On top of that I'm nauseous 24/7, I can't sleep through the night. Kinsley miss you and honestly I think I miss you more and..." My rant was cut off by Dansby interrupting me.

"Taegan baby you need to relax. You're stressing yourself out the more you think about." He says calmly. "Look, your flying out in 2 days to be with me. We can plan your leave stuff then. Until then I really need you to take it easy. Can you do that for me?" He asks.

I take a deep breath and nod. "You're right, I'm sorry. I just keep stressing."

"I know you are, it's just who you are." He chuckles. "And I love you for it."

I smile taking in the sight of him. I still can't believe I get this man for the rest of my life. He is the greatest father and husband I could've asked for. Even with everything he has he's still a family man. "I love you too." I say finally.

"I know. Now I've got to head to the field but promise me you'll do something to relax tonight.

"I will, I promise." I say making him nod. "Now go kick some ass superstar."

"Will do mama." He winks before hanging up.

Leaning back in my chair I take one more look at my laptop before deciding to take a break and go get some lunch. Walking down the hall to Meredith's office I knock on the door waiting for her voice before going in.

"Hey girl." She smiled seeing me.

"Hey have you ate lunch yet?" I ask leaning on her wall.

"I have not." She shakes her head. "But I'm craving a fresh-to-order salad." At her words my stomach rumbles.

"Oh that's sounds amazing." I agree.

"Great! I'll drive!" She offers grabbing her keys. Following her out to the car I see a notification on my phone.

Liked by 35,854 othersDansbyswanson I just like showing her off😍 #damn103 commentsTaeSwanson7 I love you so much❤️

Dansbyswanson I just like showing her off😍 #damn
103 comments
TaeSwanson7 I love you so much❤️

Smiling at the picture from our honeymoon I wasn't even paying attention to what Meredith was saying. "Tae?"  Meredith questions.

"What? Sorry I was zoned out." I apologize.

"You're good." She laughs. "I was just asking if you are going to go to the LA series in a few weeks?"

"Oh yea I am! I think my mom said she would take Kinsley to so Dans and I can have some alone time." I say as we take a seat at a table.

"Oh that's nice. If you ever need someone else to watch her  let me know I'd love to." She offers.

"Thanks, she's got a whole village rising her it feels like sometimes." I laugh opening the menu.

"Hey sometimes it does!" She shrugs.

"Ain't that the truth." I nod taking a sip of my lemonade. This is good, I needed to just have a few hours relaxing.