11

I sat criss cross in bed watching HGTV and waiting for Dansby to get home. I had everything in a bag on the bedside table waiting on him. When I heard the door open my heart began to race.

"Hey I didn't expect you to still be up." He whispers stepping into our room and quietly closing it behind him. He looked so good in his plain white shirt and gray joggers.

"I always try and wait up." I shrug pulling the blanket more in my lap.

His eyes fall on the red bag on the night stand. "What's that?"

I couldn't hold the smile on my face as I sat up on my knees grabbing it. "This is for you!" I hand him the bag which he looks at curiously.

Carefully he opens it pulling out the Swanson baby jersey. "I don't get it." He looks at me confused.

Sighing I reach in the bag and pull out the baseball and toss it to him. I watch as he reads over the words written in silver. Baby Swanson making a debut Fall 2020.

"Are you...." He looks up with a smile on his face as I nod. "Oh god! This is amazing!" He yells picking me up and spinning me around.

I laugh as he sets me back on the bed pressing his lips to mine. "Holy shit. I can't believe it." He says laying a hand on my still flat stomach.

"Well you better." I grin wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I love you so damn much. When did you find out?" He asked with that same excited grin.

"I love you too. This morning, I didn't even put it together but after you called Megan she thought it was possible and showed up with like 4 test." I laugh.

"Taegan this is so amazing." He breathed pressing his forehead to mine.

"I know. You don't know how excited I've been to tell you all day." I admit sitting back again the headboard.

"When should we tell everyone?" He asks pulling me into his arms as he lays down.

"I wanna wait till my first trimester is over. A lot can happen between then and I just want to make sure everything is ok." I say resting my head on his chest.

"I get that. We should probably get you into a doctor soon though." His hand slowly falls to my stomach resting there.

"I already called the doctor Nicole used cause I loved her and she told me to make and appointment with someone down here for right now then we'll transfer all my info when I get back. She gave me the name of a friend down here. I called earlier and she can get me in tomorrow morning if that's ok with you." I explain resting my chin on his chest and looking up at him.

"That's fine. Will we get to see our little one?" I was loving how interest he was being.

"Kinda they are only a little blimp in there right now." I chuckle laying my hand on top of his.

"Well I can't wait. This is so amazing Taegan." He repeats for probably the fifth time tonight.

"I know. Ready to start another adventure?" I smile up at him.

"As long as I'm with you then hell yea."

**********
"I don't wanna go!" Kinsley pouted as we tried to hand her off to Megan so we could go to the doctor.

"Kinsley baby please. Look I really need you to go with Meggy so that daddy and I can go to the doctor. When we get back we'll take you to Mickey's house." I try pleading with her.

"I wanna be with daddy." She cried clinging to his neck.

Dansby let out a sigh hiking her up on his hip. "I know princess, look how bout you and I have a daddy date tonight." He offers making her eyes light up. I know he feels bad for not getting to spend lots of time with her durning the season.

"Rweally?" She asks hopeful.

"Yes I promise, we'll go do what ever you want tonight." He promises her.

"Fine." She reluctantly gives in.

"Thank you baby." Dansby kisses the side of her head before handing her to Ender.

"We'll be back in a little bit." I tell Megan as Dansby opens the door.

"No problem. Good luck!" She smiles.

"Thanks." I say following Dansby to the car.

The ride to the office was short and I couldn't help my leg bouncing as we sat in the waiting room. "Taegan Swanson." Our heads shot up to see a nurse.

"That's me." I smile standing up. Dansby followed my lead taking my hand as we walked back into the room.

"If you could I need you to put this gown on and Doctor Wallace will be in, in a moment." She smiles sweetly.

"Thank you." I say taking the gown allowing her to walk out. After quickly changing I climb up on the table and sit patiently.

"Babe." Dansby whispers catching my attention. "What are those for?" He asks pointing to the stirrups.

"Well I'm probably gonna have a transvaginal ultrasound, so I'll have to put my feet in them." I chuckle at his face.

His eyes widen. "Your Doctor is a women right?" I nod my head making him sigh. "Good no one needs to see you like that but me."

"You are ridiculous." I shake my head as the door opens.

"Hello Mrs. Swanson, Mr. Swanson." She smiles walking in. "I'm Dr. Wallace."

"Taegan." I smile sticking my hand out for her.

"Dansby." He repeats my actions.

"Well it's nice to meet you two. So Dr. Smith referred you here I see, why?" She asks looking at her notes.

"Yes, we live in Georgia, but Dansby plays baseball and we are down here for spring training. Dr. Smith recommended we come in to you just to find out how far along I am." I explain as she writes things down on her clipboard.

"Ok well then let's fine that out." She smiles standing up. "Ok so we're going to do a transvaginal one today do you know what that is?" She asks walking over to the machine.

"Yea I do." I nod.

"Ok so you might feel a bit of pressure, kind of like a pap-smear but nothing to serious. Let me know if anything is uncomfortable though." She instructs as she places a condom over the wand and lubrication. "Could you put your feet up in the stirrups for me?"

I do as she says as Dansby comes over beside me taking my hand. "Ok here we go." She says pushing the wand into me. Dansby and I watch the screen intently not really knowing what we are looking for.

She carefully moves the wand around while looking at the screen. "There we are." She pauses. "You see that small blimp right there?" She points to a tiny spot. "That's the gestational sac. From this looks of this, I'd say you're about 6 weeks along."

I couldn't help but laugh realizing Dansby's birthday was 6 weeks ago. "That's amazing." I smile staring at our little blimp.

I turn to look at Dansby seeing the smile on his face. "When will we be able to see like features and all?" He asks.

"I would like to do another around 13 weeks just to check the babies heartbeat." She says removing the wand.

"We'll be back in Atlanta by then." Dansby answers giving my hand a squeeze.

"That's fine, just call Dr. Smith and set one up in 7 weeks." She nods.

"Perfect will do!" I grin excitedly. I can't wait to see our little baby more.