24

The days in D.C were great, but now I'm back home busying myself in the kitchen preparing for Kinsley's birthday party. We had a bunch of people coming over and I was beginning to freak out a bit.

"Dans! Have you seen the lighter?" I yell shuffling through drawers.

I jump slightly feeling arms slide around my waist. "This one?" He asks holding it in front of me. I nod and he lets out a chuckle. "You stress yourself out to much pretty girl. Everything looks amazing so just take a breath."

I turn around and stare at him with my hands on my hips. "I know, but I also know that you leave in an hour for the game and I've still got a lot of stuff I need your help with." The groan that left his lips made me laugh.

"But I have a game." He whined. "I need all my energy."

"Maybe you should've saved some of that energy you used on me last night." I tease. "Now go set up the tee-pee for the kids to play and at lease hook up the bouncy house so all I have to do is push a button."

With an eye roll and a kiss to the head Dansby was off to the backyard finishing the set up. I went back to working on all the little snacks that I found like Rice Krispy treat teepees, wild berry parfaits, and bow and arrow donut holes.

"Mommy!" Kinsley yells running into the kitchen with Munson and Bentley hot on her heels.

"Good morning birthday girl!" I smile scooping her up in my arms.

"I three mommy!" She squealed excitedly. "Do I get a baby sister for my birthday?" She asked hopefully making me let out a loud laugh.

"What's all this laughter about?" Kinsley and I both turn to see Dansby walking in. "Happy birthday Kins." He adds taking her from my arms.

"Daddy do I get a baby sister today for my birthday?" She asks again, Dansby had the same reaction I did shaking his head.

"You'll have to wait a few more months to get your sibling." He smiles as she pouts. "But mommy and I did get you something else you'll love!"

"Where!" She asks excitedly.

"Well we got to wait for Uncle Ender and Meggy to get here." He tells her. "Do you want to call them and tell them to come over?" He asks me.

I nod walking over to the counter and grabbing my phone. "Hello?"

"The princess has requested your presence so she can't receive her birthday present." I say with a laugh as Kinsley bounces up and down in her spot.

"Oh ok then, tell the princess we are on our way." With that Megan hangs up and I turn to an anxious Kinsley.

"Give them a minute." I laugh as she reaches for Dansby to pick her up. He does so as the front door opens and Ender and Meg walk in.

"Feliz cumpleaños Princesa!" Ender cheers walking in.

"Can I get present now?" Kinsley begs, her big doe eyes staring up at me.

"Yea come on." Taking her hand I lead her out into the back yard. The excitement that spread across her face made me so happy.

"A 'Punzel castle!" She yells sprinting up to it and climbing up. We decided to get her a play set but it was a Tangled one. "Mommy look hair!" She cheers using the rope "hair" to pull herself up it.

"Do you like it baby?" Dansby asks carefully watching to make sure she doesn't fall.

"I love it!" She screams disappearing into the play set. "Mommy can Munson come in?" Her little head pops out of the window as she points to Munson sitting patiently beside me.

"No Muns needs to stay down here." I say making her pout a bit before retreating in.

"Aye we did good putting it together." Ender grins elbowing Dans. The two had been up all night out in the dark putting it together and it was honestly the funniest thing to watch.

"Hell yea." Dansby agrees. "Crap we better get going to the field man." He says looking down at his watch. "Kins come tell daddy bye so I can go to my game." He says making my daughter reappear.

"Bye." She waves before going back in.

"Well." Dansby laughs. "I'll be back after the game. I'll try and hurry so can beat everyone here." He says giving me a kiss before him and Ender head out.

"Should we let her stay up there a while?" Megan asks as we take a seat on the porch.

"Why not? I've got most everything ready we just have to put it all out." It felt good to sit down for a minute and not worry about anything. "I'm gonna go see if I can snag a picture." I say getting up and walking over to the playset.

Peaking my head, Kinsley was bustling around in the little play kitchen Dansby had put up there. I quickly snap a picture of her before gaining her attention. "Whatcha doing Kins?"

She turned to me with a big smile and cup in her hand. "Drink Mommy?" She asks holding out to me.

"Oh thank you." I take the cup raising it to my lips and pretending to drink. "Wow this is good. What is it?"

"Tea!" She grins before going back to 'cooking' in her kitchen.

"Well it was great! I'm going to go decorate inside for your party do you want to come in or stay out her with Meggy?" I ask her.

"Can I stay?" I love how cute she is when she gets lost in her own little world.

"Of course princess." With that I climb down and head over to Megan. "Do you mind watching her? She's having to much fun."

"Yea sure." She nods.

Making my way inside I smile at the picture I had snapped. It's amazing how one person can fill your heart with so much love. Our whole house was tribal themed to match the whole young wild and three thing I had going. Honestly it all looked adorable. Soon our house would be flooded with friends and family celebrating my babies birthday. It's hard to believe she's been in our lives for a little over 2 years now.

Since then I have seen how Dansby and myself have grown. We're no long the immature 20 something year olds going out to clubs all the time. Sure we still go out and have our fun but the best times are spend with our girl. Now I can't wait to bring another being into this family.

Liked by 34,975 othersTaeswanson7 Happy 3rd birthday to my sassy little princess

Taeswanson7 Happy 3rd birthday to my sassy little princess. You bring your daddy and I so much joy, your laughter is contagious and your personality shines bright. I love you Kinsley Grace💙
236 comments