32

"Tae, baby wake up." My eyes open slowly to see Dansby shaking me. Kinsley was passed out in my arms  as we slept on the couch.

"Hey how was your flight?" I ask as he scoops Kins up in his arms to take her to bed.

Dansby shrugged kissing her head. "It was ok, I'm just happy to be home with you two." He whispers as we head up the steps to put her bed. 

Getting into her room I pull the covers back before Danbsy lays her down and tucks her in. I swear she sleeps like a rock because she never even moved. When he stands back up I wrap my arms around his waist as we both stand there in silence watching our girl sleep.

"Dans." I whisper making him hum. "I'm scared." I admit.

He sighs and pulls me close kissing my head. "I know baby, so am I." Pulling away we both head to our room to get ready for bed. We were quite as we walk into the bedroom but Dansby grabs my hand as we walk in and pulls me into a passionate kiss.

"What was that for?" I question pulling away smiling slightly.

He smiles keeping his hands on my cheeks. "I missed you." 

I chuckle leaning up and pressing our lips together again. "I missed you. Tomorrow is an off day right?" I ask as we walk into the bathroom together. 

"Yes ma'am." He confirms. "I think we should go to the police station tomorrow and talk to the police. The stadium got pictures of the woman so maybe we can identify her and at least get a restraining order until we figure out what to do next."

I nod in agreement. "That sounds good, should I call my mom and see if she can come here to watch Kins? I'd feel better with them here with the security system." 

"Yea see if she can, if not we can call Ender and Megan." Dansby suggest.

We both finish up getting ready and finally settle into bed.  Dansby wraps his arms around me and rests his hands on my bump. "I promise you Taegan, we're going to get this figured out."

I  nod closing my eyes. "I know, it's just scary thinking how close she's gotten to us." I was terrified out of my freaking mind, but I had to be strong. 

"She won't ever again." Dansby promises but I know it's not one he can keep.

*****************************************

I slept like shit last night but now it was finally time to head to the police station. Dansby had already called them to tell them we were coming in and the images had been sent to them. Now my mom was here to watch Kinsley while we go handle all this. 

"Ok so we'll set the alarm when we leave, no one should be coming over. The camera are live so you can see around the property. Keep her inside today please." I try to list off everything that I could think of.

"Taegan sweetheart I've go this. You just go make sure my grandbaby is going to be safe." My mom instructs. 

Giving her a tight squeeze and whispering thank you Dansby and I both tell Kinsley goodbye before heading to the station.

We were quite as we pull in. Getting out Dansby takes my hand and leads me into the station. "Name?" The lady at the front desk asks.

"Dansby and Taegan Swanson." He answers. They lady types on the computer before nodding.

"One second." She excuses herself before leaving. Quickly she returns with a man.

"Mr. and Mrs. Swanson I'm detective Lawrence nice to meet you." He shakes both our hands. "Why don't we head on back and we can talk about what we've found."

We follow him back into and office where we take a seat at his desk. "Alright so we have good news and bad news." He says getting straight to business.

"What's the good news?" Dansby asks taking my hand.

"Well the good news is we got all the stuff you sent us and were able to identify the woman." He pulls out a folder and removes an picture from it laying it on the table. "This is her correct?"

I nod. "Yes that's her."

He slides the pictures back in the folder. "Her name is Mary Claire Jones, she apparently went crazy after her husband left with her kid and got into a car accident that killed both of them. She was admitted for 1 year in a psychiatric ward but was released a year ago. Our guess is she has seen your family online or tv and knows your background and has convinced herself that your daughter is hers. " He explains.

"Ok so can't you like arrest her and have her admitted again or something?" I question.

"That's the bad news ma'am, we have no idea where she is. She's been MIA since the incident at the stadium." I let out a sigh at his words. 

"So what do we do now? We can't just sit around and wait for her to pop back up." Dansby asks.

The officer shook his head. "No sir we would never ask you to do that. We are working on locating her and contacting family. For right now we will have team staking out your house to make sure she doesn't make a surprise appearance and we'll have an officer with you at all times." 

"I guess that's the best we can do right?" I question.

"Yes ma'am. I assure you, we'll catch this woman. She won't bother your family again." I smile at the man as we stand up.

"Thank you officer, really I appreciate it." I say shaking his hand.

"Anytime, and if anything comes up please don't hesitate to call me. Here's my card you can call my me at any time." I take the card from his hand as he leads Dansby and I out. 

Walking out of the station I felt a little more safer knowing cops were going to be around the house at all times until this woman is arrested. 

A/N Hello my beautiful's, with Spring Training being in full swing I have found myself wanting to write again, so here I am trying this again. I can't wait to get back into this with y'all!