Doxy

There were some eggs and toast on the counter when I woke up. Harry was eating his at the small table while reading a medical book. I took my plate and sat across from him.

"Thanks for the breakfast." I say quietly as I took a seat. He grumbled and sipped his coffee. We ate in silence for a few minutes. "Why was your sister out by the ocean after midnight." Harry's fork dropped loudly on the plate.

"You saw her?" He was trying to sound calm but he was anything but calm.

"Her damn bird woke me up as she was going back to the house." He picked up his fork being somewhat satisfied with my answer. After he finished his food he told me to meet him at the main house when I was done. After a quick shower I dressed and headed to the main house. When I made it to the there Hermione and Potter were on the back porch arguing.

"You have to be more careful Mione.He could of seen you." He said as she just glared at him.

"Obviously you trust him if you invited him here." She simply said as she pulled out her cigarettes. She saw me approaching them and smirked at her brother." Speak of the devil and he will appear." Harry grab her arm and looked her in the eyes.

"This conversation isn't over." He released her and storm into the house. She silently mimicked what he said as she leaned against the stone wall

"He's over protective of me." She exhaled as I approached her. I just raised my eyebrow and leaned against the wall next to her. I lit my cigarette and sighed.

"Brothers are like that." I stated trying not to look at her.

"Harry didn't mention you had brothers." She whispered looking down at her bare feet.

"I did but he died when I was six." I said letting myself drift into the melancholy that happens when I talk about my older brother.

"It still makes you sad?" She had moved to in front of me. She had her head cocked in a questioning manner. Like I was a zoo animal or something.

"Yes?" Of course I would still be sad. What kind of question is that. She began humming something still looking at me. It wasn't any song I recognized and she began swaying from side to side. I most not have slept enough last night because a wave of exhaustion rolled over me. A small smile crossed her lips and the sad memories faded into thinking of this beautiful creature in front of me. I smiled back at her and she stopped humming.

"Are you still sad?" Her voice had a curious ring to it. The exhaustion left me and I began feeling the sadness seep in again.

"There's some things in life you'll always be sad about sweetheart." I went take a drag from my cigarette only to find it had burned out. I looked down and dropped it. When I looked up she was so close her nose almost touched mine.

"Curious." She tilted her head to the right and touched my temple with her cold fingers dragging them down to my jaw. It sent a shock though me that made my breath hitch. She tilted her head the other way then sighed. And as suddenly as she was in my face she was gone walking into the house.

"Something not right about her." I mumbled pulling out another cigarette.Potter came out with his jacket and a set of keys.

"We're leaving, come on." He hurried down the steps as Lily came out the door.

"Why don't you take Hermione with you? I'm sure Ginny wants to see her. " She called out to her son who was all but running towards the Jeep. Upon hearing his mother's voice his shoulders dropped and he marched back to the porch. " Go catch a matinee. Do you mind Cedric? I worry about her keeping herself coup up here."