Basilisk

"Baby, I'm not made for these kind of soirée." She playfully smacks my hand as she finishes tying the bow tie.

"I'm not either.My publisher asked me to come. He said there are a few new investors in their agency and they want to met the more popular writers. " I nodded and held her long sleeve jacket for her

"Hermione are you okay? Let's go to the boardwalk tomorrow." She hasn't gone back into the ocean since that day.

"He's still out there. I'll just need another salt bath." She kissed my cheek.I shook my head and sigh. She was stubborn.

We arrived at the hotel ballroom and her publisher came to her side immediately.

"Hermione dear, so glad you could make it." He kissed both her cheeks and I tried not get mad.

"Issac, thank you. This is my fiancé Cedric." She smiled and I wrapped my arm around her waist.I shook his hand and he disappeared back into the crowd.

"Your fiancé?" I smiled and kissed her temple as I wrapped my other arm around her.

"Seem to be the quickest explanation. Do you mind?" I shook my head and kissed her neck.

"Just normally the man asks the woman." She laughed my favorite laugh of hers.

"Nothing about us is normal." I take her hand and lead her to the dance floor.

"I guess I need to get you a ring my love." We began dancing to a slow song song.

"I guess you do." She looked up at me with her tea colored eyes and I melted again. Every time I think I'm immune to her charms I fall more in love with her.

" Tomorrow then." I kissed her forehead and spun her out then back to me." Then we go home?" She shook her head.

"I've never seen California, can we go?" She was scared of him finding her.

"Whatever you want sweetheart." After our dance we went off to the side. Taking a couple glasses from a passing waiter. We were flirting with each other ignoring the world when the world punched back.

"Hermione, Cedric there you are." Her publisher found us. "Now come. You need to meet our newest investor." He gently grabbed her arm and lead her towards a tall man with his back turned to us. He had cropped white hair, an older man I guess. A navy blue jacket, most men wore black. I shrugged it off and followed them.

"Mr.Malfoy, here's the author you were asking about." The man turned and smiled with a predatory smile. His once pointed teeth now smooth and straight. He grabbed her hand and pressed his lips to them.

"Miss Potter we meet at last." All the women around him stopped and stared at him. So he could do the same voice thing as Hermione.

She gasped and ripped her hand away. I grabbed her arm and pulled her back to me.He smirked at me.

"Please excuse us. I forgot we had made other plans." I say calmly as I try to lead us out of the ballroom.

"Oh I'm sure they can wait for one dance, don't you think Isaac?" Draco said offering his hand out to Hermione.

"Of course, you two have fun. I'll keep your fiancé entertained." The man all but push her out of my arms. She looked back at me with a scared face.

"One dance is all I ask, I'll return you to  your fiancé when it's over." Draco still reminds me of a shark and she hesitantly went with him.

"Women don't like overbearing men these days." Her publisher said handing me another glass of champagne.

"Hermione isn't like most women." I said not letting them leave my line of sight.