Ghost

Hermione slowly got off my lap and I whine like a toddler at the loss of her touch. She rolled her eyes at me and went to the door.

"Sister, the blond has returned with your guests." Another woman said and Hermione nodded her head and closed the door. She looked back at me with a big smile. I got up and wrapped my arms around her and lowered my lips to her ears.

"Let's go get our little one my love." I whispered then kissed her cheek. She nodded happily and we walked quickly back to the large room. Everyone was cooing over her and Hermione began to run towards Meri voice.

"Mama." I heard my little one exclaim and my heart felt like it was going to explode out of my chest from happiness. When I caught up to them they were on the floor, Hermione was hugging her tightly and Meri was giggling. "Da, mama found me."

"Yes, she did little one." I slid onto the floor beside my beautiful fiancée. Our little one snuggled between us happily mumbling to herself. Suddenly I didn't care that a blond man was glaring at us. That a court of sea nymphs was holding us prisoner. None of that matter, these girls in my arms are the only thing that mattered.

"You love my daughter don't you wizard?" The king asked interrupting our reunion.

"With all my heart." I answered looking at Hermione, her face pink with embarrassment.

"Even though she is that ones mate? Even though you come from different worlds?" The queen asked pointing to Draco.

"Yes, I don't care." I mumbled nuzzle my head into Hermione neck. She sighed leaning into my shoulder holding our daughter closer to her. I really didn't care as long as I had them close to me.

The royal couple made a noise and excused themselves out of the room. Meri began telling Hermione all about her grams and papa. She listens with a sad smile missing her family. I stroked her arm as I stay on her shoulder. A shuffling sound caught my attention as Draco sat on the other side of her. Damn I was hoping I could just ignore him out of existence. She patted his back and took his hand. It seemed less romantic and like two old friends greeting each other.

"Draco, da found mama." She got out of  our laps and crawled over to his. He gave her a small hug and stroked her curls as she leaned against her mother.

"Hey sis." Potter said as he sat at her feet. She made a soft cry and reached her other hand out for him. He took it and smiled wiping some tears from his eyes with his other hand.

"Harry." She whispered and he nodded squeezing hand.Meri stretched her legs across Hermione and my laps. Harry rubbed her leg as she leaned against Draco chest. It was a messed up family portrait but it was ours. I pressed a kiss to Hermione temple and she sighed.

"You think they're going to let us go home?" Potter asked and she shrugged.

"Nereus isn't fond of wizards." Hermione said letting go of her brothers hand and taking mine. "A dark wizard took a polyjuice potion and  tricked my mother into sleeping with him." She was giving a more friendly version of what happened for Meri sake.

"So the legends are true. He created the Jengu out of revenge." I say as I run my fingers though her wild curls. She made a happy moan sound as she leaned into my touch. Draco scoffed and Meri giggled.

"Yes,despite that Nereus has always treated me like his own. The only reason the Potters found me is because I ran away from my sister and was attacked by sharks." The siblings exchanged a smile, it seems all her memories have returned.

"Wait, what happened to the Jengu was over a thousand years ago?" I said and she shrugged.

"You said you liked older women." She let out a nervous laugh. I shook my head with a sigh. "We age differently down here with father. Because he and mother always kept me close I was still a child when Harry found me. They thought I was dead so they quit looking for me."

"It's okay baby, I don't care." I kiss her temple again reliving her anxiety slightly.The five of us stayed sitting together, Meri climbed from Draco's lap to mine. After laying her head on my mark she began to fall asleep. Probably for the best, who knows how long we'll be stuck here. Harry started looking panic, I think he finally realized there's a chance they won't let him go.

"Relax brother, father will let you go home to your family. They're deciding if I should leave with Cedric and Meri or if I should stay here with Draco." Hermione said and I felt myself stiffen. Why do they get to decide, it should be Hermione choice? Why would send Meri away again?

I tighten the hold I had on Meri. She snuggled closer to me trying to warm herself against my chest. A blue blanket floated down on to her. One of the many women smiled at my daughter.

"She looked cold, there's food and drink for you and her as well."  She was kind and gripped Hermione shoulder gently before leaving us. Another sister had set a tray full of fruit and bread us.

"Would you really send Meri away again my love?" I ask in a whisper, she took a deep breath and played with Meri curls.

"I want her to have a real childhood, a happy one. She's to weak to live down here. If it comes down to it, then yes I want you to take her and raise her. I'm hoping father is reasonable though." She said with a troubled sigh. I hope she's right and she'll can come home with us. I've already begun imaging our family together. Playing with Meri during the day, loving Hermione in the night. I don't think I could leave her or have her leave me again.