Veela

I cupped her face and kissed her forehead.

"Who told you that you were a monster,beautiful girl? " I ask in a gently voice kissing the top of her nose.

She chuckled and looked me in the eyes with her bright tawny colored eyes. They always seem to glow in this lighting.

" I figured that fact on my own." Her melodic voice sounded sinister as she wrapped her hands around my wrist. Then dragged me underwater  into the deep end. As I sank underwater I noticed  the scarves around her wrist weren't scarves. I dropped to the bottom of the pool like a stone. Maybe it was the shock, maybe it was being in the water again. My lungs started burning but I couldn't move. She swam in front of me with a curious look on her face. The salt water was burning my nose and eyes. She pointed up and I shook my head. The water became filled with blood. I could hear the creatures screech and felt myself going deeper into my memory. Panic pushed all the remaining air out of my lungs. She swam closer to me, her fins floating around her as she study my face. Hesitantly she reached out towards me, the brown and orange fins floating like a Betta fish. My brain was getting fuzzy, I needed air. As the darkness started taking over I couldn't help but be in awe. This creature was so beautiful I reached out and pulled her close to me. She denied me a kiss earlier but I'm taking one now. I pressed my lips to hers, surprisingly she kissed me back. Her tongue pushing against my lips opening them . I greedily let her, closing my eyes to enjoy the feeling. My lungs didn't burn anymore, the fuzzy feeling began to fade. I open my eyes and found that hers were still opened. The blood filled water had cleared up. The past fading around me as she continued to kiss me. She wrapped her arms around me tighter and began kicking bringing us both to the surface. Once we broke the surface she let go of my lips and swam us to the steps.

"Why didn't you swim up? You know how to swim. You can't leave me like that. What happened? I didn't mean to push you so hard. I'm sorry my love, please." I interrupted her by coughing up the salt water.

"I'm sorry baby." She was still holding me in her arms looking down at me. She kissed my forehead and sighed.

"You scared me." She whispered as her hair in a beautiful knotted mess drip water on my chest and face.

"You surprised me darlin. Not everyday you find out the woman you love is a mermaid." I laughed as I played with the tips of loose lock of hair. She shook her head.

"Not a mermaid, I don't have a tail, just fins." She showed me her arm,then pointed to her legs."Don't know what I am honestly. Don't have any memories from before Harry found me washed up on their beach." She smiled softly as I traced her arm and examined her fin. They were dark brown with light orange tips. There was thin spines but they were beautiful.

"I know what you are."Honestly I had no idea what she was, in all the books I have read I've never come across someone like her.

"What am I?" She looked at me with expecting eyes.

"You're the love of my life." I kissed her lips quickly before she argue with me. When she broke the kiss she gently hit my chest. "And you love me too, you said so. "

"You're impossible." She kissed me again. I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths. My lung still stinging from the lack of air.

"Sorry if I scared you my darling. Got lost in the past. " She sighed and played with my hair in the water. I was enjoying being held by her.

"Why do you keep your hair long?" She asked as she twirled the dark blonde strands in her hands. She was trying to distract me and change the subject.

"They didn't cut while I was in the hospital, when I was retiredfrom the Cannons I quit cutting it because I could.Then it just became a thing." I took her hand in mine and they were slightly webbed together now. "Hey beautiful."