Erumpent

With much coaxing and bribery of corn she was able to convince Sowerby to stay on the boat. She had chosen a long green dress from the clothes Draco picked out. We took a cab to the book store. Draco was waiting out front, his hair was a mess and his shirt undone. The dark circles under his eyes and worried look made him look years older then he did yesterday.

"Ione." He half yelled in a raspy voice as he rushed her. Before any us of could stop him he had her in his arms.Draco buried his head in her hair and held her tight. She stroked the back of his head a couple times and gently pushed him away. Taking a large step back she tucked herself back under my arm.

"Please don't grab me." She said calmly as she looked at him with pity. He sheepishly nodded his head and used his hand to push his hair back.

"Of course, I'm sorry. How are you feeling?" He took another step towards us. "Are you okay?"

"Yes, i'm wonderful. Are you okay?" She seemed concerned for the bothersome man. He shook his head and reached his hand out towards her.

"The longer we're away from our mate the worse we feel. How are you not affected." He whispered keeping his hand extended. "Ione please."

"My name is Hermione." She said as she lifted on her toes to kiss my cheek. "I love you." She whispered in my ear and I understood she couldn't let him hurt. Hermione took his hand and he took it in his arm pulling her close to him.

"Thank you Hermione. Thank you." He says and she pats his arm. I watch them go into the store, clenching my jaw. I hate this. She read her story to the small children. This is I loved, her eyes full of excitement and the children laughing with her. I was lost in a daydream of her reading to our children when Draco clears his throat.

"I understand what you asked me the other night, about choosing to love her." His voice was low and full of some emotion he was trying to hide. "When I first saw her I knew she was mine, I was angry. Didn't think she was worthy enough to be my mate."

I scoffed while digging the ground with my toe. He scoffed as well looking up at her.

"It's me that doesn't deserve her. We don't deserve her. You understand that right?" His eyes turned towards me with slight hostility.

"I've always know I don't deserve her, she make me try harder to be a better person." I answer and he nods. "Will you die if you don't claim her?"

"If she was like me then yes." His answer intrigued me. "She not exactly like me, I feel myself getting weaker. Though the years I've seen what happens to my kind when their mate dies or rejects them. I'm not going though that, maybe her being a half blood slows the process. Maybe her being different means something."

"What do you mean different?" I interrupted. His shark like smirk appeared as Hermione walked towards us. She handed Draco the sweater she was wearing.

"Cedric and I have plans. Call him if you start feeling bad again. We'll come to you if we need to." His eyes became wide and sad but he nodded. He went to give her sweater back she shook her head and nodded at him. He smiled a genuine smile and hugged the sweater close to his nose. They stood there holding each other's hands and I wanted to vomit.

"Hermione we'll be late." I gritted out she kept looking at Draco and waved me off. They seemed to having a silent conversation.

"Yes,yes I know. Give me a minute." She said in a almost cold tone.

"Don't worry take all the bloody time you need. Take the whole bloody night." I growl taking a large step away from them.

"Cedric, I will be there in a minute." She talked to me like I was one of the children she just read to. My heart started pounding, my face burning with jealousy. The two of them continued holding hands and staring at each other.

"You know what? Don't bother." It was obvious she want to be in the ocean with him. She doesn't want to me Luna and try to figure a way out of this mess. The way out of this mess was to cut me out. I turned and stormed off towards the restaurant. Harry can deal with his sister, I just can't even see straight right now.

This was ridiculous after all I've done for her. How is it still not enough. A quite literal fish out of water just has to give her big eyes and she does whatever he wants. When I'm mad I'm fast because I found myself in front of the restaurant we were suppose to meet Luna at.

"Cedric, you're early. Harry isn't here yet." Luna soft voice greeted me when I came in. I walk us to the bar, my hand guiding her through the crowded restaurant. "Rolf is in the restroom." 

Before she get on the stool she give me and hug and kisses my cheek. It's how she's always greeted me, how she greets almost all her friends. A shrill unearthly scream cuts though the crowd. Hermione stands in the doorway, her eyes glowing bright gold nothing but hatred and betrayal on her face.

"Shite Luna, stay here tell Harry what happened. Tell him to meet me at the boat. I run to chase after her but she is faster then me. My knee is throbbing and I know I'm slowing down. 

When I catch up to her, she's at the edge of a dock with Draco. He is about a step ahead of her with his hand out to here. I call her name and she looks at me with her warm brown eyes, tears streaming down.

"Baby, please come here. I'm sorry it's not what it looked like. Baby please." I could feel what was about to happen. There was a dark hollow feeling in my chest. My body was shaking and that nausea feeling returned.

She shook her head and put something in the post. Without another look she took Draco hand and they jumped into the water. I didn't know that you could actual feel the moment your heart shattered. Everything around me blurred and the sounds all muffled. With heavy steps I walked to the post knowing what was waiting for me. Her rings. Shining with the lowering sun,I clenched my jaw to keep from breaking down here.

"A Jengu in Massachusetts, I'll have to tell grandfather about this." A tall man with reddish hair said looking into the water. I stared at him blinking, all I wanted was to jump into the water and drag her back. "Hasn't  been one spotted near the states in almost twenty years."

"Um can you excuse me please?" I tried to ignore his comments. Hopefully distracting him from noticing that two people haven't come up after jumping in. She may have chosen him but I promised to protect her.

"Oh sorry, I'm Rolf. Luna sent me to check on you." I shook his hand but couldn't continue a conversation. My mind and heart couldn't stop hurting. " I assume you asked for us to talk about the pair of Jengu you've met."

"They're not a pair, at least not yet." I held out my palm showing him Hermiones ring. A sad smile and a nod came from him.

"Let's get Luna, I feel we have much to discuss." He closed my hand over the rings and pulled me with him. I must have looked like a zombie with this man leading me back to the restaurant.