Imp

Meri was at the front of the boat coloring while Harry and I poured over the notebook Rolf gave us. It had been over a week and we still had no idea where to go.It was frustrating but we have all seem to stay calm and  optimistic. Harry let put a groan as he took his glasses off to clean them.

"Most of the information we have comes from greek mythology. Maybe we should try looking in the mediterranean" He suggested and honestly that didn't seem like the worst idea.It was better then just sailing around aimlessly. Silently agreeing we began charting a course. I felt Meri tug the bottom of my shorts and looked down.With a laugh I picked her up and put her on my hip.

"What is it little one, are you hungry?" She shook her head no. I knew she wanted to swim but I've been trying to get her to talk more. "I know you're ready for a nap?" Again she shook her head and pursed her lips. When she pouts she reminds me so much of her mother. "You want some more paper for coloring?"

"Da, I wanna swim." She finally said in an annoyed voice and I laughed as I began tickling her side.

"Okay, my little one. Give me a minute and we'll get in the water." She was laughing hard as I put her back down. I watched her disappear below deck to get some towels. Harry and I finished the map and he began doing the spells to set the boat on the right course. When Meri came back up we walked to the small step ladder,I helped her down and sat on the bottom step.

"Da watch me." She exclaimed as she laid on her back floating in the water. Ginny taught her how to do that before we left. I smiled at her and gave her a little clap.

"Very good Meri." I say and she swim back towards me and reaches up for me. Guess she didn't want to swim very long today. I help her back on to the boat and she sits in my lap as I go over the notebook. Her tiny hand suddenly slapped the page.

"Took mama." She yelled pointing at a copy of a painting on the page. Her pointer finger was on the face of a bearded man. "Scared sharks."

The painting was called Sabrina in the hall of Nereus. There was that name again. I kiss the back of Meri curls and tell her to go play with her uncle. I began scouring the pages for all mentions of Nereus. When Luna and Rolf told me the legends I didn't completely believe them. Now i have to, Meri can't make something like that up. Looks like Harry was right in his suggestion. Maybe when we are closer Meri can feel her mother or even the person who took her.

After a few days of sailing up and down the Mediterranean coast Harry and Meri were both getting aggitated. Harry and I sat above deck one night drinking some butterbeers as Meri slept below.

"You know what you have to do?" Harry finally said and I groaned. He was right, we needed Draco help. Meri is just to small and inexperinced. I'm still glad I brought her, I don't think I could have handle being away from her this long.

"Yeah,tomorrow.Draco said Meri would know how to call him. Let's hope she isn't to far away." I sigh as I get up. One butterbeer is enough for tonight, I tell him good night and go below deck. Meri is asleep on a fold out couch in the galley. With a happy smile I cover her back up with the blanket that had slipped from her shoulder. My silly wonderful girl, for so many years I was so angry with Hermione for leaving me. Now all I can feel is complete love and appreciation for giving me this little one.

That next morning I got into the water with her. She had her arms wrapped around my neck clinging to my back like a koala. The water was warmer then back home and she has been enjoying swimming in the clear blue water.

"Alright little one, I need you to call Draco. Can you do that for me sweetheart?" I ask her and I feel her nod hesitantly on my back. "It's okay, we need him to help us find mama."

"I help find mama." She said in a soft sad voice. I pat her arm and move her from my back to my arms.

"You are, my little one. We just need all the help we can get .The more help we have the faster we can find her. The faster we can go home to grammie and papa." She seem to cheer up with the thought of being with her family again.

"Draco don't like Da." She said as she wiggled out of my arms. It's probably true but I wonder how she knew. How much animosity does he hold for me that a toddler notices. "Da?"

"Yes, Meri." My daughter seemed scared and I had to correct that immediately. I watched her face try to figure out how to tell me what was bothering her. Finally she ducked her head underwater and pulled my hand. She had to be underwater to call him and she didn't want to be alone. I called up to harry and asked for my wand. He tossed it to me and I performed a bubblehead charm. I hadn't done one since black lake. It was suffoctaing but i wasn't going to let my sweet girl be scared. With a deep breath I closed eyes I went underwater with her. Her smile was worth the suffocating charm and banished any hint of bad memories. I watched as she put her arms out, her little fins floating around her. She didn't move for the longest time, til finally she turned to me and barreled into my chest. We broke the surface of the water and she had her arms tight around my neck and her head on my shoulder. By the time I got us back on to the boat she had fallen asleep. Now we wait for Draco to show up.