Occamy

" I have a shirt and some shorts you can wear, go get into dry clothes." I grumbled at her as I went to the kitchen to pour the tea.She just nodded and disappeared into my room. I brought the cups to the small table and chairs by the couch when she came out.

"I see Harry gave you my old room." She said as she finished buttoning my shirt. Since she was so short my shirt seemed to swallow her, she had on a long dark night gown under my shirt.

"I didn't know." I waited til she sat down in the couch and took a seat on the chair across from her.

"Just means some of my night clothes were still here."She took the cup from me and tucked her feet underneath her.She swirled the tea around in the cup but didn't drink it. "I am sorry, Harry told me what happened I didn't think." Of course he told her, no wonder they're walking on eggshells around me. I just nodded and sipped the tea letting it scald my tongue.

" I though you'd be asleep by now." She said quietly as she blew on her cup before taking a drink.

"So you do this every night?" I tried to keep my voice level. She nodded and leaned forward to set her cup on the table. Without thinking I leaned forward and grabbed her wrist pulling her towards me.

"Stop." She looked scared and I hated that I did that to her. I kissed her wrist and released it. "I wouldn't forgive myself if something happen to you with me only a few meters away." She pulled her wrist into her chest and looked at me with annoyance.

"It helps me sleep." She said in an argumentative tone.

"Then wake my ass up.Just don't go into the ocean by your bloody self." I growled as I stood up and stomped to my room.Her humming distracted me before I could open the door.

"Cedric, please come back and finish this argument." She said in a singing voice. I shook my head and turned the handle to my door. "Please."

"Give me five minutes to calm down sweetheart." I said as I went into the room and closed the door. I heard her huff and pick up her cup. Shaking my head I tugged at my long hair and growled at myself. My grandda taught us not to raise your voice or use crude language around women. Memories of that day kept fluttering though my mind. My fellow competitors disappearing under the water. The rain of grindylow whenever an Auror tried to help us. Four hours we floated in the water until Professor Dumbledore was able to keep the grindylows at bay. I was able to keep the Delacour girl and Cho to safe but not myself. I could feel all my old wounds like they were happening again. My chest was tightening from lack of oxygen. A soft knock pulled me back to the present again, the anger had vanished but the panic was still there.

"Cedric it's been five minutes. " Her voice was haughty like she was still angry with me for trying to save her. I swung open the door startling her slightly then pulled her into my arms tightly. She went stiff for a moment then wrapped her arms around my waist.

"If you want to go swimming darling girl wake me up, wake Harry up. I don't care who you wake up just let someone know where you are." I kissed the top of her head. "Please Hermione." I squeezed her tighter. I felt her nod against my chest.

"Can we finish our tea now? I'm still not tired." She said as she rubbed my back softly. I didn't want to let her go but I know it wasn't right or proper. I nodded and released her. She gave me a small smile and grabbed my hand leading me to the couch. She pulled me down to sit next to her.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you." I apologized as she handed me the now cold tea.

"I didn't think, but my parents and Harry know I swim at night sometimes. But you're right I should let someone know when I'm out." She leaned against my shoulder. I just grunted in agreement to scared of saying something I might regret. After a few minutes of silence she got up. I assumed she went to the bathroom or even to bed in her old room. Feeling tired from everything that has happened in the last day I stretched and put my arm on the back of the couch and lifted my leg up to get comfortable. I closed my eyes for what felt like a few second. I felt her crawl on the couch and kicked one of my legs off the couch. She sat in between them and pulled a blanket around us. She finally nestled into my chest.