Goblin

"Maybe we should have her try again." Harry said as we sat on the boat waiting. We had anchored and was letting Meri swim in the shallower waters. She keep ducking under the water and coming up giggling more and more.

"Little one what are you doing?" I finally ask her and she gave me the biggest grin.

"Da, look my friend." She said as I watched a gray fin circle her.My heart jumped out of my chest til the dolphin head popped out of the water making a clicking sound. She grabbed the fin and the creature swam around the boat with her giggling the whole time. Potter stood up and joined me in watching her.

"When Hermione was little she would attract animals too. They'd always swim off when I came to see. It nice seeing her having fun." I had to agree with him, she looked so carefree and happy. We were so occupied in watching her we didn't hear Draco climb onto the boat.

"Dolphins seem to love Angelfish." His voice made Potter and I both jump. I yelled an obscenity as my hand went to my chest. "You called?"

"Draco." She yelled from the water, he waved at her. He had a tight smile and looked at us again.

"We think Hermione is with someone called Nereus. Meri said someone took her. We think she might be somewhere in the Mediterranean." I let the words escape in one breath. When I said Nereus he bared his teeth slightly.

"Nereus is an old myth, he's not suppose to be real. You need my help tracking her in the water?" He paused after his question and looked back at the water where Meri was playing. "Okay I'll help. We need to get Angelfish back to her mother." His voice was tired, he looked so exhausted.

We agreed to help each other, he went into the water to play with Meri. She seemed happy to see him but not as much as when I would call out to check on her. Harry and I were looking at maps and the journal.

"Hey, Cedric have you looked at these maps?" He pulled out a map I hadn't seen yet. I shook my head and he pointed at this point in the ocean. "This is called the Nereo sea cave. It's underneath these cliffs in Sardinia. Nereo sounds like Nereus. Want to check it out?"

That was actually a brilliant idea. I called Meri to come into the boat. Her little voice bid farewell to her dolphin friend and Draco helped her into the boat. I told him the plan and he nodded after taking a deep breath. It was nighttime when we arrived at the coast. Meri had fallen asleep in Harry lap as he read to her.

We decided it would be better to leave her with him. There was no telling what we would find down there.

"Alright wizard, you ready." He stood on the edge of the boat looking back at me with a smirk. I performed a quick bubblehead charm and a Lumos spell. We dove into the cold water and searched for the entrance of the cave. It completely underwater and dark, Draco seem to have no problem seeing. I could only see a few feet in front of me because of my wand. His face suddenly appears in front of me. It startles me and he rolled his eyes. He points towards something and I'm forced to follow him. We were at the edge of the cave and he bared his teeth in aggravation. He became more frustrated because he couldn't tell me what was wrong. I could sense magic from the cave wall. Much like Diagon Alley. Pointing my wand at the wall I tried a couple opening spells and revealing spells. Finally the wall faded away and there was a tunnel still filled with water. I motion for him to lead the way and he swam ahead.

The tunnel seem to go on for miles till it finally started widen into another cave. The bubblehead charm was starting to weaken and a small fear crawled down my spine. Draco pointed up and began swimming faster. I followed him and was surprised when we broke the surface of the water. We went to the shore and I laid on my back exhausted from swimming so long. The cave ceiling was covered in dark crystals that reflected light from somewhere. I know I should get up and follow the light but I'm old and tired. Draco began growling so I look at him and see him backed up towards a wall. There were two women with spears pointed at him.

"How did you get here Jengu?" They hissed baring their sharp teeth. Their long white tunica and light blue toga conflicting with the pointed teeth and blades pointed at Draco throat. I cleared my throat and tried to get up. Another woman was beside me pushing a staff into my chest keeping me down.

"Sisters this one is a mortal."  She said and one of the women joined her.

"Not a mortal, wizard. I opened the pathway." I explained and they both glared at me. The one with the spear snatched my wand from me as the other one helped me up. I was forced against the wall with Draco and the ones with Spears kept them pointed at us. The one with the staff disappeared, Draco kept his teeth bared and was lowly growling the whole time. One of them finally hissed and snapped her mouth at him. His head ducked own and he exposed his neck. The one with the staff returned with a woman in a purple toga.

"What right does a mortal and a Jengu have entering our realm?"  She asked the gold and pearls that adorn her hair made me think she was someone of importance.I had to think quick, I don't think they treat trespasser kindly.

"The right of a mate." I finally answer pulling the collar of my wet shirt to expose the mark. Hopefully this is the right answer or else we're screwed.

"I see.Bring them." She snapped her fingers and turned quickly. The one with the staff grabbed my arm roughly and pushed me in front her to follow the woman in purple. The other two grabbed Draco and half dragged him. They were leading us up a path unto some stairs. It was to dark for me to clearly but they had no problem. The sound of music and light talking started to fill the hallway as a warm gold light appeared at the top. It sounded beautiful and inviting but I'm terrified of what's at the top of the stairs.