Phoenix

"You sure honey, Hermione is worried about this one? Okay, I know. You're right. I love you too." Lily hung up the phone and gave me a sad smile.

"Everything okay ma'am?" I put my hammer on the counter and went to hug her. She waved me off with a smile.

"It's fine Cedric,James is going to stay at the hospital. He's needed there." She was being brave but I knew she was upset. The radio had been reporting  on the Hurricane and destruction the last couple days.

"I'm sorry." She shook her head and continued cook some more food to last during the coming storm .

"It's going to be really bad." Hermione said as she wrapped her arms around me.

"Darlin, it'll be okay." I held her in my arms and she laid her head on my chest.

"You don't know that." Her grip on my waist tightened. I picked her up and put her on the counter.

"Baby,talk to me." I lifted her jaw to make her look at me.

"I'm scared,the ocean was so out of balance. What if something happens to my family, to you?" She looked back down and held unto my hands.A loud crack of thunder startled her into my arms.

"We made it though The first one,  we will make it though this." I kissed her head again.

" You two get out of my kitchen. Go refill the lamps in the dining room." Lily laughed at us as I grabbed Hermione on my back. She let out a squeal as I jogged out of the room.

"Put me down." She laughed, I sped up ignoring the slight pain in my knee. "Cedric please." She coughed a little but tried to stifle it. I put her down and she tried to catch her breath. Because of last storm and it's damage she hadn't been able to swim for almost a week now.We were still in the hallway by a large window. I walked past her to go do what Lily asked us to do. She grabbed my arm and tried to turn me. There was a lighting flash outside the boards and we both heard a loud cawing sound.

"Sowerby." She yelled as she began  running towards the front back door.

"Hermione wait." I yelled chasing her out the door into the storm. It was pitch black and even though I could barely see her I couldn't hear her. The wind and thunder was to loud. The rain  whipping around us. 

I know she was screaming for that bloody bird. But I also know he's already holed himself somewhere safe. There was a flash of lighting and the tree branch above her started to fall.

"Protego." I yell pulling my wand at her, the branch glanced off the shield. It rolled towards me and hit my bad knee. It hurt but I had to get to her. When I reached her I pulled her into my arms. She wrapped herself around me, I couldn't tell if the water on face was tears or rain.

"Cedric." She cried in my arms as I tried to get us back to the house.

"I got you Hermione. I'm here." I whisper in her ear waiting til the wind dies down enough to move again. When it did I picked her up and ran her  inside to the dining room where everyone was. 

"What happened?" Harry screamed at me as I checked her for injuries. She didn't have any, just covered in rain and mud. I let out a sigh and kissed her forehead.

"It's okay Hermione , you're okay baby." I kiss her again and hold her close to me, wincing from the pain.

"Let me check your knee." Harry ordered as he sat me down in a chair. Hermione got off the table and sat on the floor in front of it. She reached up and held my hand as her brother checked my knee.

"I'm okay sweetheart." I said quiet to reassure her. She bit both her lips and gave me a sad smile."We're okay." I brought her hand to my lips and kissed them.

"Stop moving lover boy." Potter mumbles as he did some healing spells on my knee.

After what felt like an eternity he finished bandaging me. She had fallen asleep curled up on the floor by my chair. I could hear her wheezing. I ran my fingers though her messy curls. She stir and opened her eyes.

"Hey baby." I whisper stroking her pretty face. She grabbed my hand and kissed it

" Thank you for protecting me." She got up on her knees and kissed my lips gently.

I kissed her forehead and she sat back down on the floor. She held my hand and fell asleep again.