Selkie

Another week past passed and I hadn't heard from her. Lily had asked me to take Evelyn to town today and that feisty lady is just as exhausting as her grandchildren.I sat down in the sand with a large glass of whiskey watching the sun set over the ocean. Hoping Hermione would emerge from it like Aphrodite. The loud flapping I've come to associate with Sowerby landed beside me. He didn't squawk like he normally does.

"Sorry buddy I don't have any apples or corn for you.Give me a minute." I look over at him and he has a folded piece of paper in his beak.

"Now what's this?" He dropped it on the sand and pecked my hand then flew off towards the main house.Shaking my head at the beast I unfolded the paper.

I'm home

Without thinking I ran to the main house, Sowerby was on the railing cleaning his feathers.

"Where is she?" I asked the bird like I was bloody doctor Doolittle.

He gurgled and took off towards the pool. I chased after him and flung the door open. She had a proper bathing suit on this time, her hair piled into messy knot on top of her head.

"Cedric." She whispered turning towards me but staying by the edge of the pool. Without a word I took a few large steps and pulled her into my arms.She wrapped her arms around my waist and buried her head in my chest. "I missed you."

"Baby." I whispered down to her, I put my hand under her chin to tilt her head towards mine. Her eyes locked onto mine. I closed mine and leaned down to kiss her. She wiggled out of my arms and jumped into the pool with a loud splash.

"What are you doing?" I laughed softly as I took off my shoes and sat down by the edge pulling my trouser legs up and putting my feet in the water.

"I'm not feeling great and swimming makes me feel better." She went under the water I watched her twist and turn. The moving water distorted her body. After what seemed to be a long time she emerged keeping her limbs under the water.

"I didn't mean to run you off from your home." I said as she continued to swim in the middle of the pool.

" I know you didn't, I was scared. I still am a little. " She kept her distance from me. I kept kicking my feet in the water.

"Don't ever be scared of me sweetheart. I would never hurt you." She smiled at me and swam a little closer to me.

" I'm afraid of falling for you and losing you." She whispered staring into the pool.

"Why would you think you'd lose me." I asked as I stood up. She looked at me with a quizzical look.

"I'm afraid of telling you something, something that could cause you to leave me. Could put my life in danger. " She was looking at the water, so I unbuttoned my shirt and took it off.

"I love you, there's nothing you can say to change that." I pulled off my under shirt and jumped into the pool. I quickly swam to her and pulled her into my arms and tried to kiss her again. She pulled away and dove under the water. She was at the other end of the pull before I could blink. Damn she's fast.

"Cedric, don't kiss me yet. Please. It wouldn't be fair to you." She whispered. Shit, I'm an idiot what kind of jackass tries to kiss a girl without her permission.

"You're right, I'm sorry beautiful." I approach her slowly. "Please tell when I can because it's killing me to be this close to you."

"Soon, hopefully. I really want to know what it's like to kiss you. " Well that answer made me more then a little excited.

"You shouldn't say things like that baby, I'm more then willing to satisfied that curiosity for you." I took another step.

"Do you love me for my looks?" She asked her eyes staring at me. I shook my head taking another step. She smiled and step further into the deep end.

"What about the sound of my voice, is that what you love?" She asked she started swimming as the water almost went over her head.

"It's a part of you so I love it but it's not the reason I love you." I followed her into the deep end.

"Will you protect me even if you don't want to be with me?" She began to swim closer to me.

" I always protect you my love." I whisper trying to make her come closer to me.

" Even though I'm not like you." She was within a foot of me. My arms aching to hold her.

"I'm rather glad you're not like me. I'm pretty fond of the difference men and women have." Like a pervert my eyes drifted down her body pausing at her breast a little to long. It looked like she had scarves tied around her arms and legs.When did she put them own? She's an odd one. Her skin turning red from either my gaze or inappropriate comment. I'm really screwing this up.

"I'm very different from man." She stated simply. " No one outside the family knows what I'm about to tell you." She let me swim closer to her.

"You can trust me sweetheart.I want to know everything about you."  I say my hands itching to play with the lose curl by her face.

"Even though I'm a monster?" She asked with a sad smile.